A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

Have you guys seen this book? These are really beautiful and they look like they started as doilies.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=76346

That's exactly what they look like!

I'm finishing a lapghan first...then will start on one of these.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a pattern! It's a doily that has 29 rounds and isn't as open as most are...

It's from this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Pineapples-Annies-Attic-Crochet/dp/1596351330/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297711948&sr=1-1

All of the patterns are so pretty! These will all be treasures for sure!

I've made it to about row 15, it's ruffling after the increase round, then it flattens back out after a couple of rounds, but I think it is how this pattern increases. Instead of increasing evenly, it increases in a round several sts more than needed, then the next rows are just worked until it needs to increase again. It's turning out very nice. I am using a size I hook. If I do it again, I'll probably go up to a J.

Oh, I want to do this! I've promised to make some baby afghans, and I've been looking for a pattern. This would be fun to try. I'll see if I can find a pattern tonight. I'll look at the ones that have been posted here, and then look online too. I'll probably use Pound of Love, since I have a lot of that on hand.

Hi Mary

Thanks for mentioning the mask . I may have to resort to that . I havent had asthma my whole life, just got it last year . Never smoked or anything,so where it came from i have no clue,but I am on 3 meds and it is still not controlled well . Yarn just sets it off like crazy .Each yarn affects it at different levels ,so some I can use in really small amounts of time ,but cant use it for long .

And it is real hard when i have done this for 40 years .

I actually bought a pattern book of doilies because I wanted to do this exact thing.:eek I was even thinking about it again this morning...:lol I'll let everyone know for sure if I'm joining or not in a couple days.

I started a post and it vanished. If you comes back, you'll get my two cents worth twice - a whole bountiful four cents.

I don't see why it wouldn't be ok, at while he's "new". :lol When he starts becoming boy-ish, it might be too frilly.

Sarah, I really like that pattern too - you are still doing Summer Splendor aren't you?

The size must be coming out kok since you're planning a second. What hook and yarn are you using?

I can't wait to start this. I think I'll begin it for the Feb Charity CAL that starts this week. I saw some others on Ravelry that looked good, but I can't do them all first!

I'm very tempted to join you all :)

I made this last year and I know I would enjoy making another even though I don't have a baby to make it for, I'm part of a big (and extended) family so there's bound to be another bundle of joy turn up sooner or later :lol

I have a couple of wips to tidy away first but then I'll be yarn & pattern hunting.

Hi everyone, yesterday I came across this pattern and I like it very much and probably will start it sometime in a few days once I decide on what yarn to use, which I don't have a clue what to use nor what weight to use. Probably baby yarn, which I may have in my stash, I got to look. Well here's the pattern that I'm drawn to:

It is called Ruby's Pineapple Medley and it's 17 Inches

for some reason I can't copy the site with the pattern here.

Talk to you all later. :manyheart

Sarah, I'd love to see your blanket, or the doily you're using...I'm not on ravelry...do you have a different link? TIA

I still think I like the Romantic Pineapples...just have to put some new ink in my printer, and see if I have enough baby yarn, and then I know what to make for my friend's baby due in May. (Of course, I also think it would make a pretty shawl, or a pretty throw for my living room (but probably in a heavier yarn for a throw, to make it bigger)

Cheeria, when I was browsing I saw that pattern too and liked it, but didn't know if it would come out too large with regular yarn. I thought of using sport yarn, but don't have any, and I'm really focused on using up stash and not buying any more this year. (Yeah, right - I'll see how long THAT lasts!)

I would love to see it done though.

Edited to add: I really liked Ruby's Pinapple and Diamond Medley too. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rubys-pineapple-and-diamond-centerpiece

What do some of you think? Would that come out too big in Lion brand Pound of Love and an H? Or use a G? There is no way I'm going to a sample in thread first to size it. Let's just say I don't have a love affair with thread!

Sarah, I really like that pattern too - you are still doing Summer Splendor aren't you?

The size must be coming out kok since you're planning a second. What hook and yarn are you using?

I can't wait to start this. I think I'll begin it for the Feb Charity CAL that starts this week. I saw some others on Ravelry that looked good, but I can't do them all first!

Yes, I'm doing Summer Splendor. It is ruffling a bit after the inc. rounds, but then lays flat after the rounds following that. I'm using plain ol' Red Heart SS and an I hook. I wanted to use a bigger hook so it would have nice drape, but I was afraid the holes/spaces would be to big. It seems ok this way. I'll try and get a photo of my progress up tomorrow sometime. These would make very nice charity donations. :hook

Cheeria, when I was browsing I saw that pattern too and liked it, but didn't know if it would come out too large with regular yarn. I thought of using sport yarn, but don't have any, and I'm really focused on using up stash and not buying any more this year. (Yeah, right - I'll see how long THAT lasts!)

I would love to see it done though.

Edited to add: I really liked Ruby's Pinapple and Diamond Medley too. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rubys-pineapple-and-diamond-centerpiece

What do some of you think? Would that come out too big in Lion brand Pound of Love and an H? Or use a G? There is no way I'm going to a sample in thread first to size it. Let's just say I don't have a love affair with thread!

If I were making this one, since it has 40 rounds, I would probably use a G hook or even smaller unless you don't like using smaller hooks. Maybe baby yarn too? Depends on what you are going to use it for though, say if it is going to be a pretty throw for your sofa or chair or bed, an H would be ok, because it'd be bigger, but for a baby maybe a smaller hook so it's big enough, but not to big.

Sarah, I'd love to see your blanket, or the doily you're using...I'm not on ravelry...do you have a different link? TIA

I still think I like the Romantic Pineapples...just have to put some new ink in my printer, and see if I have enough baby yarn, and then I know what to make for my friend's baby due in May. (Of course, I also think it would make a pretty shawl, or a pretty throw for my living room (but probably in a heavier yarn for a throw, to make it bigger)

The link is a web archive and isn't clickable, but I am uploading a photo tomorrow of my progress. It is kinda basic, but the last 10 rounds or so are very pretty, kind of lacy. I'm not far from them. I'll try to get a few done before I upload the photo. I think one in baby yarn would be so soft and sweet, a great gift!

I'm very tempted to join you all :)

I made this last year and I know I would enjoy making another even though I don't have a baby to make it for, I'm part of a big (and extended) family so there's bound to be another bundle of joy turn up sooner or later :lol

I have a couple of wips to tidy away first but then I'll be yarn & pattern hunting.

Oh! Love the color and everything! So sweet!

I would like to try this....I dont know if I will succeed since I have never done anything like this, but I wont know if I dont try....right? I will be looking for a simple and lacey project. First I am finishing my projects for the NICU.

Penny

Not sure when I can actually start this, but I picked this doily out of "Extra-Special Doilies" from Leisure Arts...

post-21933-135897628388_thumb.jpg

Archived