My Christmas Tree Skirt--finally :)

Momcrochets

I started this project at the tail end of October or the very beginning of November. Other than a couple quick projects (a total of about 10 hours there) I've worked on this, finishing on Jan 8th. The sun was shining yesterday afternoon, briefly, so it was time for pictures.

My lacy thread tree skirt. :)

Okay, the lighting still wasn't great..it's white, and on a pale pink throw...

post-7396-135897615183_thumb.jpg

And here's a couple of close-up's.

post-7396-135897615204_thumb.jpg

The stats: Size 10 thread--one of those 1-mile of thread balls, 1.75mm crochet hook, the pattern was one I downloaded several years ago...and back before I saved the URL on the bottom of the pattern, sorry. Finished size? without actually measuring, it's probably over 50"

post-7396-1358976152_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Carla, I can see it being a twirly skirt too! Even DH said something like that :D

RoseRed, I can't decide what color I will put under it next year. But it will have to have something to keep it from getting "lost" in the beige-ness that is our carpet. ;)

:cheer GORGEOUS! I love it! :cheer

If I were you, I'd put some burgundy fabric underneath - maybe something with a little shine to it, and then drape this over it. That way the stitching will really stand out.

I have a pineapple skirt pattern, and yours makes me want to get busy on it! I can't do it just now, but I think I'm going to have to move it up my list! :yes:ctree

Archived