2011 Combo Challenge

JulieKay

Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?

• 2 different choices
    • A new choice each week

Hi Wrennie

I'm glad this is helping you to start reading again.

Hi Lorraine

I agree that it helps take your mind off other stuff if you get into a good book . I read several of the letter" mysteries by Grafton,but am REALLY far behind. I think I stopped on - I- , if I remember correctly . I keep wondering if she is going to to try to finsh up each letter,and what she will choose for X-Y and Z .

Howdy Marisa

I know you have been busy lately,and hope things slow down a little for you soon.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a reader, always have a book or two stashed anywhere I am. lol drives the Mr up the wall. even under the front seat of my truck.

I ran out of all the colours I have for the WIPs (gaelic bay ripple for my youngest, and steamwave throw for my mom). so I started working on the Kew Gardens for my oldest dd. so far, its pretty.

Today I have lots of errands to get done. would have gotten most done yesterday but my middle dd threw up all over the truck on the way back from my one big errand (picking up our race packages for our race on Friday). yuck.

I just finished reading Christmas Carol to my girls (at least the middle and youngest). I've been reading an interactive diary with my oldest too. I love Christmas.

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to go get my 5k in, and drink some coffee.

Good morning. I'm reading a book that keeps putting me to sleep after a couple of chapters. :yawn It's interesting, but not one of those that will keep you up all night to finish it. It's good enough to finish, but.......:yawn

I ladies!

I'm glad Jules suggested this challenge too - I'd been really neglecting my reading.

Today I'll be working on the rest of the new project I posted 0 the fleted version. I have one side made. I'll take pics of the before felted look....

I want to get involved in this challenge also. I do read quite a bit and this is a good way for me to Crochet and read more.

Welcome to the group, Apriltime.

Welcome to all the new members!

It took longer to get a door back on yesterday than was implied. I was SO COLD by the time the guy finished. But the new one is nice and airtight, unlike the ancient one that was replaced. I went out shopping as soon as he finished and when I got back the apartment was nice and warm again. But just my luck - mine was on the list for yesterday. I heard on the radio it's supposed to be in the 70s again tomorrow. No. We couldn't do MINE when it's warm, could we? It was definitely a surprise.

I'm reading McQuestion's Celia and the Fairies, a fun light child-as-main-character book. I'm also listening to Pratchett's I Shall Wear Midnight, the new Tiffany Aching book. She hardly counts as a child anymore since she's almost 16 in this last book, but I'm counting it away. She's younger than me!

Today's project is to finish organizing the stash and to crochet swatches of the new colors I've accumulated since mid-summer. I've been planning some projects, and missed having them. Time to catch up with them. I'll listen to the audiobook while I do that.

oooo just thought of something else I wanted to say about the book bag. Don't think that you have to use a boring granny square, and decorative crochet square will work

in this bag which I made for myself, I actually used a square that someone else had made for me

http://madebyjoanne.blogspot.com/2010/05/random-things-i-have-made-this-week.html

I did plan to try it with different squares

Hello everyone. Welcome to Joanne, and Apriltime.

I have spent the day cleaning,a nd doing laundry and I'm not done yet.

tomorrow morning we hope to leave to visit my family for a few days. However, freezing rain is predicted for us tonight, so we'll see.

(made by) Joanne...the bag you made from the square is pretty!

The other link came up with ****, which means there's a problem with attribution of a design or copyright issues...unless there's something wrong with my 'puter...LOL!

AmyS can help you out if you have a question about it.

Hi all,

I started a free Nook book last night called Code Blue- it's a medical mystery- and so far so good.

Can't wait to see what you've done with the book bag pattern for felting Judy!!

(made for) Joanne- I like that colorful granny square bag and like Judy, the link didn't work for me either so it is probably something to do with copyright issues or something.

Welcome apriltime!!!

Donna- Did you get to play with your yarn today?

Linda- I've read plenty of books like that- good enough to read, but not good enough to make you lose sleep over!!!

Cindy- Safe travels--Hope you don't get freezing rain!!!

Off to go read for a bit!

Julie - I am still is disbelief with the video you shared :eek I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose was for that girl taping it :think

Oh well, I'm hoping to start a new book tonight, but need to see if I have something waiting that fits the categories :xfin

Well, I just raided my stash of books waiting to be read that my mom keeps sending my way. Turns out I have 3 that fall under the december category so I'm going to start 1 and try to knock it out right away. It's called Mistletoe Magic by a trio.....Betty Neels, Margaret Way, and Rebecca Winters.

For january I have Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks and Weekend in Paris by Robyn Sisman in line.

Very short youtube video .

What NOT to do when reading :

http://www.youtube.com/user/ocdofbooks#p/u/6/-vwS7iv_Ew8

Ahhh, yeah no worries here......will definitely not be doing that ever while reading. :no Snakes freak me out, ICK! I do have a tarantula though; well Hubby does. I had a panic attack when he first brought her home, but now I really find her fascinating. :yes

well, only got work done on a blanket today. youngest was sick (she's got the flu and a seizure disorder which is doubly challenging) - so I spent it on the couch.

Sorry to hear about your youngest being sick; I hope she feels better soon. :manyheart:hug

Ok, so upon further investigation of this Mistletoe Magic book....there appears to be 3 shorter separate books inside :think

A Christmas Romance by Betty Neels

Outback Christmas by Margaret Way

Sarah's First Christmas by Rebecca Winters

They each run about 120 ish pages.

Marisa, I think those stories are called novellas....

And Joanne, I'm working on the straps/handles for both the cotton and wool versions now. I measured both bags, so need to decide the strap length before taking pics and felting.

It should be interesting:lol

'nite all.:hug

Ok, so upon further investigation of this Mistletoe Magic book....there appears to be 3 shorter separate books inside :think

A Christmas Romance by Betty Neels

Outback Christmas by Margaret Way

Sarah's First Christmas by Rebecca Winters

They each run about 120 ish pages.

I think I've seen and maybe read that book.

Archived