2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Already working at my life changes! I decided to go for the big ultimate number....135! (((faint)))

Tia...I am going to work on the seafoam afghan from caron spa pattern website.http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/andante/andante_1.html

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i havent joined this cal, but i saw it and had a friend share a link w/ me called "the truth about your weight" which talks about some of the reasons we are overweight... thought id share it here, in case anyone was interested and to encourage you on your paths w/ this. http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/truth-about-your-weight-gain

sandy

Thanks Sandy!

I was able to buy almost all the yarn that I'll need for this. I just need to locate two more colors. I'm really excited about this :)

Today I plan to unbury my exercise bike so that I can use it every day.

Sandy, Thank You for the article....helps to keep me pumped when I read nutritional articles keeping in mind there are many opinions.

I have 3 afghans to make for friends so wondering where I am going to find the time to crochet something for myself. Something simple perhaps! Thinking about a table runner.

Some simple things I can get back to doing:

I love oatmeal so will be eating that in the morning...the trick is eating within an hour after I get up. I tend to put off eating so my metabolism doesn't get going!

I am so glad I joined this! As I keep checking in and reading your posts I feel encouraged. It is do-able!

KathyWho

I guess I've found what it takes for me to lose weight--be REALLY busy trying to get two weeks work done in one week. I guess I didn't have time to think about eating and was too tired at the end of the day (didn't know that was possible!).

The result was losing three pounds over the holiday despite lots of holiday cooking. So I rewarded myself by ordering the yard needed for the Bernat mystery CAL afghan.

Now I just have to keep busy enough and exercise enough to keep losing more.

For some it helps to post a picture of a beautifully slim and trim lady on their refrigerator and for some it is to post a picture of a big, large and over-sized women!

Which one, if any, helps you?

For me I like to imagine myself as the slim and trim lady! Oh Yea!!!

It's Do-Able,

Kathy

I posted this in the 2010 thread, too, but I don't want to miss anybody that it might help. Here's a fantastic article. Really. Read it - you'll be glad you did! :hug

http://canyoustayfordinner.com/2010/12/30/weight-reflections-of-2010/

Oh, and PS - if you're doing WW in the coming year, the new Points Plus things are on sale at the WW meeting sites. The new points calculator is great! It tells you your target points, keeps track of your weekly points, and calculates points for you. It's only $5.95 right now. I think I'm going to pop by and pick up some of the serving spoons. They look like regular spoons, so nobody (think over-helpful relatives!) knows you're measuring. I like that idea. I just wanted to pass that along for any of you who may be planning to go to WW next week - the time to do it is now while things are on sale. :yes

I posted this in the 2010 thread, too, but I don't want to miss anybody that it might help. Here's a fantastic article. Really. Read it - you'll be glad you did! :hug

Oh, and PS - if you're doing WW in the coming year, the new Points Plus things are on sale at the WW meeting sites. The new points calculator is great! It tells you your target points, keeps track of your weekly points, and calculates points for you. It's only $5.95 right now. I think I'm going to pop by and pick up some of the serving spoons. They look like regular spoons, so nobody (think over-helpful relatives!) knows you're measuring. I like that idea. I just wanted to pass that along for any of you who may be planning to go to WW next week - the time to do it is now while things are on sale. :yes

Also the scale is only$ 29.95 instead of$ 39.95 that it will be starting on Jan 2nd it is awesome and well worth the price.

Thank you so much for posting this. I was just thinking that I really needed to go back to WW to do this. and I think now is the time:yes

I hate to measure in front of others.

For some it helps to post a picture of a beautifully slim and trim lady on their refrigerator and for some it is to post a picture of a big, large and over-sized women!

Which one, if any, helps you?

For me I like to imagine myself as the slim and trim lady! Oh Yea!!!

It's Do-Able,

Kathy

Nither helps me. I just close my eyes and open LOL

I've been cutting back on carbs, but I'm not *there* yet. Today is the 31st--wake up call!

I still haven't bought the thread for my project, but I'm not likely to have need of it soon anyway. I don't weigh-in very often, because it discourages me to see the little ups and downs. I know it's normal, but...

Can't remember if I shared this--I lost 60 pounds doing low carb in 2003, then found out I was pregnant (huge shock--4th child, I was 37, and my youngest at the time was 6yo). Anyway, I ate a modified low-carb diet (allowing myself milk and unlimited fruit and veggies) through the pregnancy, lost all the baby weight, plus 10 more pounds (for a total loss of 70 pounds from my start weight), and then...well, then we went to the US in 2005, and I have never recovered. I have all that same weight to lose again! I really love eating low-carb, because I'm never hungry, and I never crave anything. I was so good for two years--I know I can do it again. Here's to a much thinner, healthier Christmas in 2011!

I've decided that I am going to start with the No S Diet ( http://www.nosdiet.com/ ) . I can't afford to buy any special foods for myself right now and I can't afford to feed the family all diet friendly foods, so I am going to try this. I think if nothing else it will help me to get disciplined with my eating again. Then as the year progresses if I need to I will change to something else. I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow. And tomorrow is an "S" day ;)

I've decided that I am going to start with the No S Diet ( http://www.nosdiet.com/ ) . I can't afford to buy any special foods for myself right now and I can't afford to feed the family all diet friendly foods, so I am going to try this. I think if nothing else it will help me to get disciplined with my eating again. Then as the year progresses if I need to I will change to something else. I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow. And tomorrow is an "S" day ;)

Wow, I just spent a half hour reading that site, very interesting. Thanks.

Oh, am 'I' ready? Ha ha....almost. I still need to finish spinning the bobbin of yarn I'm working on so I can start spinning the yarn for my sweater. If I don't finish that bobbin tonight, I should get it done by tomorrow afternoon. Anyway, I can start combing/blending the fibers for my sweater today as I take breaks from spinning.

I will need to buy more yarn on Monday but I do have my first two skeins bought, I can only get it at Hobby Lobby and we don't have one here. I am looking forward to having a stunning top by June , better stick to the PointsPlus program carefully and get busy back at the Y.

I am making Kimane Designs Brianna top

Actually I just changed my mind I am going to make the Empire waist boatneck from Easy-to-stitch Fashions @ Annie's Attic

Archived