2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

I haven't lost anything this past week. But honestly just getting through without gaining is a bonus since losing Grandma has been really hard. My mother and I were holding her hands when she passed and it has just been hard. I feel like I am becoming more normal again so I fully expect to see a loss this week.

And after considering how much I have to lose and how long it will take to make the afghan I think I'm upping it to 2 hourse of work on it per pound lost ;)

I'm itching to start it too, so I really need to drop some weight, lol.

So sorry to hear of your loss. :hug

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tia, the Nether Garments are really neat! Good luck with that! I hope you'll be sharing pics! :cheer

Oh yes, I certainly will take pics! I found some leggings that are about two sizes too small for me and so I'll use those as a sizing guide.

Hmmph, up .5 lb. More water, more exercise! DH is prediabetic and the education classes we recently took were great. I eat healthy and have implemented smaller portions but have been the same weight within 1-2 lbs for six months. Exercise seems to be the key for me so know I'll have to ramp it up to break this cycle.

I know how you feel, I gained about .5 lb. myself a couple days ago and this am was down only .2. I ramped up my exercising as well. Someone told me that sore muscles can cause a bit of water retention. I must remember to stretch before and after my workouts.

i am pleased to say i am down 2lb this week

Well Done:cheer

I have only managed to loose 1lb this week but it's a start:lol

Off to get my wool tomorrow, so hopefully more incentive when I have started my project:D:hook

Thought I would have lost more as I have been hanging wall paper for the last 2 days:think

Not finished yet:eek

Keep going everyone x

It's nice to read of all the efforts going on here!

We just had a weekend party for my daughter and her new fiance - which was the culmination of all the numerous holiday parties we went to so today am feeling on track and on board and getting back into the groove so to speak... with not just food/portions and choices but also the drink - alcohol-kind!;)

There was a LOT of celebratory bubbly and holiday cheer to go round this past month and a half so that being over will reduce calorie intake alone!:lol

Not to mention the fancy sweetened coffees we've been enjoying!:P Enjoying the last of that this morning!

So the big mug-o-water is coming out today - and on to being healthier in 2011~:cheer

Trying not to sit down to crochet until I've done some exercise. Have been down to the basement several times for laundry this morning, etc. Used stairs for some good stretching exercises. Plan to hit treadmill after dentist appointment later this morning. Light snow overnight so walking outside is out until that is gone.

My weight has been holding steady now for about 4-5 days, so I'm on some sort of plateau. But I'm making progress on my trike trainer. I did 5 miles each on Fri. & Sat., skipped Sun and did 8 miles today. I'm also averaging a bit higher on mph.

Well Done:cheer

I have only managed to loose 1lb this week but it's a start:lol

Off to get my wool tomorrow, so hopefully more incentive when I have started my project:D:hook

Thought I would have lost more as I have been hanging wall paper for the last 2 days:think

Not finished yet:eek

Keep going everyone x

thanks and well done. a loss is a loss so any amount is good.

I haven't read all the posts, just the first few pages and the last few pages, is it to late to join? I started Medifast on Nov 1, 2010 and have lost 28lbs, I still need to lose about 50 more. I think I will start me a pineapple tablecloth in squares, but not sure yet what size thread, thinking size 30.... This is something that I want for me, both the weight lose and the tablecloth.....I have diabetes and my doc is very happy with my progress so far and has taken me off some of my meds, that is my goal to get off ALL my meds... Thanks for letting me join (if I still can)

Guess in jumping in above I forgot to ask about joining in!!!! :(

Anyways - with projects I am going to have a baby ghan in the works soon of the RR kind - so that will be my project.

I have 3 wips in the works on the way too - so plenty to keep busy with.

And as I said in the above post - the parties and celebrations should die back a bit now after the new year - so that's a good thing! Now to focus on being healthier!;)

I haven't read all the posts, just the first few pages and the last few pages, is it to late to join? I started Medifast on Nov 1, 2010 and have lost 28lbs, I still need to lose about 50 more. I think I will start me a pineapple tablecloth in squares, but not sure yet what size thread, thinking size 30.... This is something that I want for me, both the weight lose and the tablecloth.....I have diabetes and my doc is very happy with my progress so far and has taken me off some of my meds, that is my goal to get off ALL my meds... Thanks for letting me join (if I still can)

WOW well done on the weight loss, your doing great. the pineapple tablecloth sounds like a good challenge for you - good luck

I'm up a lb. this am. :( I've been really working out hard lately and I hope it's just muscle gain. I'm not too worried, I know that weight fluctuates, and weight loss can plateau at times and I just have to push through it.

At least I can work on my exercise project. :yes

Promised myself I would only weigh once a week but I was so frustrated when I had gained on Sunday that I got on the scales this morning: DOWN 1.5! I couldn't believe it and got on an off the scale three times. Stayed the same. Now to keep this going.

I got a battery for my scale so now I can participate. With all of the things that were going wrong the first of the year, getting a battery for my scale wasn't a priority. I hadn't weighted myself since the beginning of December. I gained a few pounds :blush over the holidays so now it's time to get to work. :yes

Promised myself I would only weigh once a week but I was so frustrated when I had gained on Sunday that I got on the scales this morning: DOWN 1.5! I couldn't believe it and got on an off the scale three times. Stayed the same. Now to keep this going.

well done

i have done the same thing in the past about getting on and off scales two or three times cause you cannot believe what they say LOL

I picked a different project for now to work on. It's a blanket for me and my craft den. No strict terms other than I can't work on it until I exercise for the day. Sounds fair enough to me.:yes

I discovered that my 'stall' is just TOM coming. He's early so that's why I was confused.

I'm going to strive for 12 miles today on my trike trainer, and an average of 12 mph.

I've got one skein spun for my Nether Garments and have started spinning the 2nd one. Not sure how many I'll need until I can wash & set the skein and do a gauge swatch. Here is the 1st one:

post-11662-135897615306_thumb.jpg

Archived