2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Promised myself I would only weigh once a week but I was so frustrated when I had gained on Sunday that I got on the scales this morning: DOWN 1.5! I couldn't believe it and got on an off the scale three times. Stayed the same. Now to keep this going.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

recently back from a 12 hour binge.....I pulled my back from cleaning and went to get some icy-hot and there was a box of one of my top ten arch nemesis...FIDDLE FADDLE! Lickity, split, smickity smack....it went down the blasted sweet sugary snack...1650 calories! ((((faint)))) Then my sister calls informing me she if officially under 170. GREAT! So I jump up and brushed the sugar incrusted popcorn off and starting anew!

Anyone have those Sketcher's toning shoes?? I was thinking about trying those, I'm walking and on my feet all day and am in need of a new pair in a month or so.

Susan - been there done that - - many times!!! You did just what you were supposed to do, brush it off and get on with it.

My mom has some toning shoes she swears by but they aren't Sketchers, I can't remember what the brand is, but they cost like $260. I'll ask her about them if you want.

I recognize the brand MBT, and I think that is the one my mom has. They received a 9.5 out of 10, but there are several others that get a 9.

I discovered that my 'stall' is just TOM coming. He's early so that's why I was confused.

I'm going to strive for 12 miles today on my trike trainer, and an average of 12 mph.

I've got one skein spun for my Nether Garments and have started spinning the 2nd one. Not sure how many I'll need until I can wash & set the skein and do a gauge swatch. Here is the 1st one:

[ATTACH]33100[/ATTACH]

That is so pretty!

Sorry I've been MIA....been very busy. I'm down 3 1/2 pounds by the way. :cheer

I'm up a lb. this am. :( I've been really working out hard lately and I hope it's just muscle gain. I'm not too worried, I know that weight fluctuates, and weight loss can plateau at times and I just have to push through it.

At least I can work on my exercise project. :yes

What a fantastic idea! A great way to encourage you to exercise :)

If you don't mind I am going to steal it :) I will crochet a minute on my project for each minute I exercise. This will totally encourage me to work out because I am itching to start my project but my scale won't budge.....it must be broken:lol:lol

Anyone have those Sketcher's toning shoes?? I was thinking about trying those, I'm walking and on my feet all day and am in need of a new pair in a month or so.
I own a pair of Sketcher's toning shoes, I hate them. It is probably because I broke my ankle years ago and my ankle turns in with these, not enough support. I will use them for every day but I love my Brooks for working out and walking

I gained .8 this week, think it is the increase in exercise. I have been putting in 100 min a day plus on some days. Guess next week will tell. Haven't crocheted this week though because I have a couple grandchildren that need some TLC

Yay! I lost a pound this week :) So now I can work on my afghan for 2 hours and 15 minutes on Sunday. I work on different projects each day of the week, and Sunday is set aside for this project ;) I am so excited to finally get to start it!

I've been trying to eat a serving of fresh fruit or raw vegetables a half hour before my meal to help decrease my appetite. Will see on Sunday when I weigh in if this has helped. Drinking cranberry juice again for kidney/bladder issues but diluting it 3 water/1 juice, helping me get more water as well.

I've lost one of the 3 lbs. I gained during TOM. I usually don't gain that much, maybe 2 lbs.

Anyway, it's Recipe Saturday. I don't cook much, but hopefully someone has something to share. Tomorrow is weigh-in or check-in Sunday. You don't have to share your weigh in, but it would be nice for everyone to try and post at least once a week to share how it's going so we know how to encourage one another.

I bought the Danskin shoes (@Wal-mart) for about $30, I think? After just one block in my neighborhood I can feel the effects in my legs. I can't say much for the weight-loss benefits, because my diet lately has been WAAAAY off, but I'm Back now and ready to get this going!

The first time I wore my Danskins I twisted my ankle (only slightly related :P), so I had to leave them alone for a while. Now my ankle is better and I'm out walking the neighborhood a few times per week. :)

Thought I'd toss in my two cents. ;)

All I know is that if I don't track my calories and write it down, then I don't do as well. It's too easy to cheat.:devil Gotta get back in the habit of doing that. I slacked during the holidays.

Archived