2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

My bicycle trainer came today and after an hour of installing it and then making adjustments to the trike so it fits me better, I'm off! Now I really need to install a computer on it and track my mileage. Then I can decide on an exercise project and work on it after so many miles of 'riding'. :clap

Oh! I can exercise on it and crochet/knit at the same time! How awesome is that? Just have to keep my yarn away from any moving parts.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tia, congrats on the bike. It's way cool.

smith, I can't wait to get back on the vulcan750 this summer. Guess we can virtual ride together.

Happy stitcher, congrats on the weightloss. :yay

Ur motivating me. I WI tomorrow and have been really good tracking and getting in my GHGs.

OK...

I'm doing my Friday photo and Saturday recipe all at once! ;)

This is what I made for dinner tonight: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/thai-red-curry-mahi-mahi-salad-recipe/index.html

EXCEPT that I couldn't find watercress here, and the mahi mahi was too expensive, so I used tilapia. Oh, and instead of the Boston lettuce, I just used a bagged spring mix, and instead of sugar in the dressing I used Splenda. We all liked it! My teen son went back for more! :cheer

This is a picture of my plate. I worked the points on it, and I think it was 8 or 9 points. I counted it as 9.

post-8399-135897614021_thumb.jpg

DH requested etouffee for dinner tonight. I think I'll make shrimp and chicken etouffee. I worked up the points and decided I could save a lot of points by serving mine over butternut squash instead of rice. I think that sounds good! :clap The rest of the family will want rice, so I still have to make the rice, but I'll bet the butternut squash is tasty. I like butternut squash, and I think the flavors will go very well together. I'm conserving points today in preparation for dinner. I'm eating cantaloupe and vegetable soup! :D

I saw a recipe yesterday for cornmeal waffles - like cornbread wafffles! And I thought that would be so good to serve with chili or to use as a base like Mexican cornbread - with cheese, taco meat, and vegetables on top! But then I worked the points on the recipe, and two waffles were 14 points! :eek

So I'm on a search for a lightened up version. If anybody has a diet-friendly version of cornmeal waffles, I'd love to see it. :yes

started my weight loss challenge on jan 1st.

i got a wii for Christmas and have been playing games and also exercising with your shape.

i am also hoping to get as much crocheting done to stop me eating. at the moment i am working on a puppy dog scarf and also snowflakes for a 2011 snowflake challenge

good luck to everyone

Oh that salad looks SO good!

Oops! Missed this! The salad was very good. That recipe is definitely a keeper!

i got a wii for Christmas and have been playing games and also exercising with your shape.

i am also hoping to get as much crocheting done to stop me eating. at the moment i am working on a puppy dog scarf and also snowflakes for a 2011 snowflake challenge

good luck to everyone

Good Luck to you, too! We just have to keep at it and not give up. We can do it! :cheer

Happy Stitcher - smart idea about the butternut squash. I personally don't like it, but I often substitute zucchini or yellow summer squash instead of rice or pasta. I take a regular cheese grater and grate the zucchini lengthwise, so it's in long strips and use that as 'spaghetti'. I love it!

Welcome! :hug

good luck to everyone

Happy Stitcher - smart idea about the butternut squash. I personally don't like it, but I often substitute zucchini or yellow summer squash instead of rice or pasta. I take a regular cheese grater and grate the zucchini lengthwise, so it's in long strips and use that as 'spaghetti'. I love it!

Great idea! I like the tofu shirataki noodles, so I usually sub those for regular pasta. Sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll make a package of those and then pour a freezer meal over them, to extend the freezer meal. A whole 8 oz package of the shirataki noodles is only 1 point.

I love zucchini and eat it often. I like it raw in salads or steamed along with just about anything. :yes

I was just thinking - that for the benefit of anybody else reading this thread, I should explain how to fix shirataki noodles.

So here's the best way to fix shirataki noodles:

Drain and rinse the noodles very well.

Put them in water and bring to a boil for just a few minutes.

Drain and rinse them well again.

Pat them dry.

The noodles are packaged in a liquid that does not taste good. You have to get as much of the liquid off as possible before eating them. Patting them dry really does make a difference, so don't skip that step.

I really like them. They can make a huge difference on a day when I'm very hungry.

Half a package (4 oz) is 0 points, but the whole 8 oz package is 1 point.

Checking in for the week. I waited until the new year to start counting my squares. I will have to make 6 squares as I have lost 6.2 pounds and a total of 12.6 pounds since I rejoined WW on 12/4.:yay Off to pull out my yarn.:yarn

Checking in for the week. I waited until the new year to start counting my squares. I will have to make 6 squares as I have lost 6.2 pounds and a total of 12.6 pounds since I rejoined WW on 12/4.:yay Off to pull out my yarn.:yarn

well done

Well done:cheer

x

Filled my six quart roaster with the makings for WW vegetable soup with a few additions of my own. Simmered for two hours then put through blender. It is quite thick and smells wonderful. I'll be freezing it in 1-3 serving sized containers. Holding a little back for black bean chicken chili. DH thinks it smells good but know he wouldn't touch it will all those pieces of vegetables in there. Got a little heavy handed with the cayenne but that will tone down if I thin it out. Putting on a chicken to roast for dinner. I've not been doing well with my water intake so mixed up some Crystal Lite half strength to get me started.

I just ate a great dinner, veg. soup and....

Almond Encrusted Whiting

7-8 oz. Whiting fillets, frozen, thawed

2 Tbsp Almond Flour

2 tsp Coconut Oil

Salt & Pepper to taste

Melt oil in pan. Add salt and pepper to almond flour, stir. Coat fillets in the almond flour. Add fish to pan once the oil is sizzling. Turn down the heat to med low. Cook until fillets are half way done, flip them over carefully and cook until done. Makes 2 servings.

Why Whiting? They are fairly inexpensive and fairly low cal.

Why Almond Flour? It's higher in protein and lower in carbs than regular flour (coconut flour would be another good substitute)

Why Coconut Oil? It's one of 'good' fats. It goes straight through your body via the liver, and best of all, it does not get stored in the body as fat.

Why didn't I take a picture of the dish? Um, let's just say it was not pretty. :blush The fish broke all up when flipping it and trying to see if it was done inside and some of the crust came off on the spatula. I probably turned them over too soon. It was still great, I just scraped it all on the plate and off the spatula and snarfed it up. :D

I've picked an exercise project! Nether Garments. Or at least I'm going to try out the pattern. It's going to be tricky to get them the right size. (Because I don't know what that's going to be.) But they have a drawstring waist that I can cinch if they're a bit big. Or maybe I'll just make leg warmers instead of pants. I want them to be colorful like the blog photo, but she used random Fair Isle patterns, I'll try for the same kind of look but I will use a variegated handspun yarn in my Fair Isle patterns. Now off to find some free Fair Isle charts!

Great job:clap:clap

I haven't lost anything this past week. But honestly just getting through without gaining is a bonus since losing Grandma has been really hard. My mother and I were holding her hands when she passed and it has just been hard. I feel like I am becoming more normal again so I fully expect to see a loss this week.

And after considering how much I have to lose and how long it will take to make the afghan I think I'm upping it to 2 hourse of work on it per pound lost ;)

I'm itching to start it too, so I really need to drop some weight, lol.

I haven't lost anything this past week. But honestly just getting through without gaining is a bonus since losing Grandma has been really hard. My mother and I were holding her hands when she passed and it has just been hard. I feel like I am becoming more normal again so I fully expect to see a loss this week.

:hug I'm very sorry for your loss! Yes, not gaining during a time like this is defnitely an achievement. :hug

I was stopping by to say that last night's etouffee over butternut squash was good! It gave it a kind of sweet-savory taste. Etouffee isn't usually sweet, you know? But the butternut squash has a natural sweetness to it, and the overall taste was good!

Hmmph, up .5 lb. More water, more exercise! DH is prediabetic and the education classes we recently took were great. I eat healthy and have implemented smaller portions but have been the same weight within 1-2 lbs for six months. Exercise seems to be the key for me so know I'll have to ramp it up to break this cycle.

Archived