2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Losing the weight wasn't really that difficult once I got used to it. I just have to remember that I need to stick to it. Sort of like how it took me starting smoking again after not smoking for a year to realize I can't just have a cigarette every now and again.

Oh you have just stated two key things to remember....

'once I got used to it' - There is a mindset I believe, that you get into when you're losing weight. An attitude about food and exercise that changes (for the better) and it's important to keep the momentum going and not allow little setbacks to throw you off that momentum.

'to realize I can't just have a cigarette every now and again' - this applies to food too. There are some things I just can't have in the house. Not to say I don't have an occasional treat. . . a bite or two of this and that . . I usually reserve those treats for when I inevitably find myself at a restaurant or dinner party. If I do buy snacks at the grocery store, I get my hubby's favorites and make him take them to work (sometimes after I snag a small handful :devil ).

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know how it feels to go up and down like this lord knows I have done it also! but you have proven you can do this. this time you will Succeed we have faith in you:cheer:cheer

Awww....thanks! :manyheart

Well, I think I've chosen a project, but I need to actually locate the pattern and then buy the thread for it (it will be a motif-based thread project). I'll do one motif for each pound lost.

My dh got our garage/rec room cleaned out this week, so I'll be able to do my exercise videos again! I used to be so faithful, but I'm seriously out of the habit...and out of shape!

I think I'm going to try this one... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-lace-wrap-top

I had thought about making the large but if it won't be finished until I lose so many pounds, then maybe I should make the medium. :think

I have the same dilemma with my sweater project and all the things I want to make myself to wear. :P

:hi Good Morning everyone!!

I weighed in this am at 178 :yuck I decided no more yarn until 169...I WAS 172 not even a month ago so this I can do...

Losing the weight wasn't really that difficult once I got used to it. I just have to remember that I need to stick to it. Sort of like how it took me starting smoking again after not smoking for a year to realize I can't just have a cigarette every now and again.

Right it is like saying one piece of pizza won't hurt! Like right it would for me cause once I get the taste I am not eating just one!

Well, I think I've chosen a project, but I need to actually locate the pattern and then buy the thread for it (it will be a motif-based thread project). I'll do one motif for each pound lost.

My dh got our garage/rec room cleaned out this week, so I'll be able to do my exercise videos again! I used to be so faithful, but I'm seriously out of the habit...and out of shape!

Great Idea on your Project. and like you I am so out of shape! I use to work out to Richard simons every morning. then got away from it then I use to go to the Gym and even Curves but now for the pass year Nothing!

Good luck with your work outs, we are here to :cheer:cheer:cheer you on

I've been thinking about what color to make my sweater, I already have a beige and a red cardigan. I recently bought this pale orange fiber, but it's only 1 lb., so I'll see if I've got something I can blend it with. What are the complimentary colors to orange...time to search the internet for a color wheel.

edit: should have said what are the analogous color to orange...turns out pale yellow and a slightly darker orange. Don't think I have a slightly darker orange.

I rummaged through my fiber and found some colors that I think would work together for my sweater project:

post-11662-135897605332_thumb.jpg

The left is a reddish brown, middle is pale orange and right is a blend of green, brown and gold. I have very little of the left and right colors and mostly the orange.

And here is a little sample I made on my spindle of those fibers blended together (mostly the pale orange and little of each of the others). Sorry it's blurry.

post-11662-135897605337_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I won't actually start spinning the yarn yet. I've got a project going on my wheel already that needs to be finished first. But I plan to be working on it by Jan. 1.

Not quite sure yet how I'll do it, spin so many minutes per lb. lost maybe. Can't wait!

I still can't figure out what I'm going to make! Grr...any ideas? I had this problem early in 2010. Then, I just didn't stick to the CAL. I won't allow that to happen again! :no

Well do you want to make something you can wear? Something for the kitchen/dining room? An afghan? A pillow?

Do you want one big project, or a couple smaller projects? Do you want one for weight loss and one for exercising?

Well do you want to make something you can wear? Something for the kitchen/dining room? An afghan? A pillow?

Do you want one big project, or a couple smaller projects? Do you want one for weight loss and one for exercising?

An exercise project would be perfect! I always need encouragement for that. I have so many afghans already. That's where I was leaning, but it seems silly. I could never use all the 'ghans I have now. :lol

I worry about doing a wearable not knowing where I'm going to be size-wise when I'm done. I like the idea of several small projects...a project for each goal I set. (5% lost, 10% lost, etc). Hmm... :think

I had a nice long message ready to post and IE went KABLOOIE on me. I had to do a restart and got completely sidetracked. Now that it is 3PM I can go home and try to think of what I had so I can repost later. It had to do with goals for January. Back to the drawing board. Boyscouts tonight, they are Christmas caroling, so it could be a while before I'm able to reconstruct the original message. *sigh*

I had a nice long message ready to post and IE went KABLOOIE on me. I had to do a restart and got completely sidetracked. Now that it is 3PM I can go home and try to think of what I had so I can repost later. It had to do with goals for January. Back to the drawing board. Boyscouts tonight, they are Christmas caroling, so it could be a while before I'm able to reconstruct the original message. *sigh*

Oh I hate it when that happens! :blush I try to remember to copy a long post before clicking reply but sometimes I forget.

178.5 this morning....but at least dh and I are back on plan and most of the chips and homemade chocolate truffles are out of the house and all of our distance shopping is done so we won't be tempted by fast food.

I still can't figure out what I'm going to make! Grr...any ideas? I had this problem early in 2010. Then, I just didn't stick to the CAL. I won't allow that to happen again! :no

I was thinking of doing something for charity, my loss is their gain. Project linus, warm up america.....etc.:sheepxmas

Archived