2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

:c9 as soon as I get the okay from the cardiologist, hopefully Friday, I've got to get busy and get moving!! I need to loose at least 30 pounds and get my cholesterol in check.....no ifs ands or buts about it! I gained 10 pounds back waiting for surgery :eek

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..............:: Afternoon all ::................

I know the year is over half over.... but is too late to join in?

I havent been feeling well.. and its time to make a change!

So ... one of my changes is losing some weight.

:heart

:mug

Hi all, quick update. I had bad stomach issues and back pain for three weeks. I'm feeling better now but needless to say I haven't been exercising. I hope to get back to exercising and losing weight soon.

:hug I hope you're feeling even better now.

Hi all, I know its been a while since my last post. Well, I regained my lifetime status and lost a grand total of 51.8 #S. I have completed eigh 5Ks and have a 4miler in 2weeks. I am also training for a 10K in Oct.

I havent crocheted anything for mayself, but have participated in seveal swaps on Ravelry. I hope to get back to making charity squares, but I have so many WIPS that I am using that as motivation not to snack.

Thank goodness for reruns of CSI, LAO, and NCIS on the weekends. I sit rewatch my shows and crochet.

:cheer Congratulations!!! :cheer

Well wanted to check in. I am down 18 lbs. My first goal is 50. I'll have update after I reach it. But for now steps. So when I reach that I would like to do a shawl for myself. I havent found a pattern yet but will start looking when I reach 30 and the yarn when I hit 40. Cant wait!

Hope everyones doing well with their goals. Here the weather is changing and is now just perfect for outside walks or bike rides or other outside activites. :autumn

18 pounds is a fabulous start! Small goals are great. I do small goals myself.

:c9 as soon as I get the okay from the cardiologist, hopefully Friday, I've got to get busy and get moving!! I need to loose at least 30 pounds and get my cholesterol in check.....no ifs ands or buts about it! I gained 10 pounds back waiting for surgery :eek

Stinks about the 10 pounds, but it will come off in now time once you get the okay. :hug

..............:: Afternoon all ::................

I know the year is over half over.... but is too late to join in?

I havent been feeling well.. and its time to make a change!

So ... one of my changes is losing some weight.

We'd love to have you! It's been kind of quiet around here lately. The more the merrier I say! :manyheart

:sun ...........::Good Morning House ::..............

Poppin' in to say :hi HI and let you all know I'm around and thinkin' of you all!!! Busy Busy Busy getting ready for a craft fair and fundraiser for hubby.

Thank you Nicole for the welcome! I'm pretty happy this morning.. .as I am down 1/4 of a pound. Now... to some thats not a big deal... but to me... every tiny bit is a good thing! I'm doing the "counting calorie" thing.

Yesterday was a good day of 1000cal. I really thought I had more than that till I added it up last night. I do need to get better about drinking more water though.

have a great day ladies

:dance Good Morning!!! I just got lectured about my cardiac diet from my aunt who is a nurse practitioner for a cardiologist...so we start my new lifestyle today! Gotta love the family :P It's not really too bad except the eating nothing on 4 legs, that's my complete diet right here. Tips are more than welcome (please?)

I did get .25 on the treadmill yesterday and I am planning on 0.5 today. No abnormal heart rate noted while on the treadmill, I wear my stethoscope while on the treadmill since I can't find my heart monitor. LOL!

Tammy...I love my water cup I picked up at Walmart! It's one of those double insulated so you don't get water everywhere. Make sure it's BPA free!! I know Tully's (coffee shop) gives discounts for drinks if you bring back your cup you brought from them....the wild berry smoothie with protein shot rocks!!

:dance Good Morning!!! I just got lectured about my cardiac diet from my aunt who is a nurse practitioner for a cardiologist...so we start my new lifestyle today! Gotta love the family :P It's not really too bad except the eating nothing on 4 legs, that's my complete diet right here. Tips are more than welcome (please?) OMy! I have an Aunt also that is dieting like that... I'll ask for some recipes!

I did get .25 on the treadmill yesterday and I am planning on 0.5 today. No abnormal heart rate noted while on the treadmill, I wear my stethoscope while on the treadmill since I can't find my heart monitor. LOL! NICE!! Good for you! I need to get on my glider!

Tammy...I love my water cup I picked up at Walmart! It's one of those double insulated so you don't get water everywhere. Okay... this sounds intriguing... do you have a pic of your cup? Make sure it's BPA free!! I know Tully's (coffee shop) gives discounts for drinks if you bring back your cup you brought from them....the wild berry smoothie with protein shot rocks!! gosh... that sounds good!

Walmart has a set of four for $20

I would LOVE ideas/recipes!! I was raised in meat for all meals and snack, it's going to be a hard change!

post-17683-135897694576_thumb.jpg

Walmart has a set of four for $20

Oh VERY COOL!

thank you!!!

I'm going to Walmart tomorrow... so I'll look for them! A set of them would be handy around here!

Thank you!

This is one of my Aunts Favorites!

Pita Pizza

Ingredients

• 1 pita bread round
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions

1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
  2. Spread one side of the pita with olive oil and pizza sauce. Top with cheese and mushrooms, and season with garlic salt.
  3. Lightly oil grill grate. Place pita pizza on grill, cover, and cook until cheese completely melts, about 5 minutes.

Calories: 405 | Total Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 44mg

:sun ...........::Good Morning House ::..............

Poppin' in to say :hi HI and let you all know I'm around and thinkin' of you all!!! Busy Busy Busy getting ready for a craft fair and fundraiser for hubby.

Thank you Nicole for the welcome! I'm pretty happy this morning.. .as I am down 1/4 of a pound. Now... to some thats not a big deal... but to me... every tiny bit is a good thing! I'm doing the "counting calorie" thing.

Yesterday was a good day of 1000cal. I really thought I had more than that till I added it up last night. I do need to get better about drinking more water though.

have a great day ladies

I've been using a site called sparkpeople.com to keep track of my calories, exercise, and water consumption. Its really helpful. It already has lots of foods on it so its faster. And theres an app for smart phones. So no matter where I am I can enter my food or compare cals before I order. Congrats on the 1/4 pound. :clap

sparks people is great! I know quite few who use it with success!

I just got back front the cardiologist.....:c9resume normal activities but behave!! :lol No Christmas tattoo this year, I have to put it off until after I'm done on blood thinners. I did ride my Harley to the cardiologist appointment, imagine I was the youngest on there by 20 years at least.

I got a new video game for the xbox 360 Kinect.....Rise of the Zombies!! LOL! I started playing it last night....it was sooo much fun! You have to lift a leg forward to walk, leg back to walk backward, duck, move your torso side to side and use your arms to open things and kill zombies of course. The technology is awesome!

I weighed in last night. I'm down another 7.4. That brings my total weight loss to (drum roll, please)......

41.6 pounds!

To celebrate, I'm buying new curtains. :lol

:jumpyay:jumpyay Great Job!!! OMG and what a celebration you are having !!! ;)

:xfin hopefully I'll make goal by the end of the month of 172...pre-illness weight. I know ALOT of it was stress eating over the last month. It's so easy to put on but getting it off is a bugger!! So I only cheat once a week now....in the last three weeks I've had doughnut and a white chocolate, cocoanut bar and a top sirloin steak....

hope everyone else is doing great!!! Nicole, how are you curtains??

I weighed in last night. I'm down another 7.4. That brings my total weight loss to (drum roll, please)......

41.6 pounds!

To celebrate, I'm buying new curtains. :lol

YEAH! :clap Way to go.

I'm staying slow but study. I'm down a total of 21 pounds. Even after 6 days out of town. So now back to the plan. My goal is still another 12 in 6 weeks with 29 total in the next 15 weeks.

:xfin hopefully I'll make goal by the end of the month of 172...pre-illness weight. I know ALOT of it was stress eating over the last month. It's so easy to put on but getting it off is a bugger!! So I only cheat once a week now....in the last three weeks I've had doughnut and a white chocolate, cocoanut bar and a top sirloin steak....

hope everyone else is doing great!!! Nicole, how are you curtains??

They curtains look good. Thanks for asking! :) Good luck on your goal. You can do it!!! :yay

YEAH! :clap Way to go.

I'm staying slow but study. I'm down a total of 21 pounds. Even after 6 days out of town. So now back to the plan. My goal is still another 12 in 6 weeks with 29 total in the next 15 weeks.

Thanks and :woo

Good luck to you as well. :D

Hi, I'm checking in. Congrats to all who have lost weight!!! Way to go !:cheer:cheer

I'm still maintaining for now. I've discovered that weight loss is mostly in the mind.;) You have to be 'into it'. It has to be your top priority. I don't know why it was last year, but not this year. But I haven't lost hope. Today is a new day.

Good morning :sun

post-18634-135897700943_thumb.gif

Hey there all................. just wanted to stop in and say HI.......... I have been so busy its not even funny!

I got through the fundraiser... which was a great success... got through the craft fair... which went well... not as good as the fundraiser... but I'm not complaining!!!! And have been busy catching up on some needed gift crocheting and creating an online store. :whew

Well... I hate to make this short... but need to get back at it... still have some gift crocheting to do!

you all have a great weekend!

love you guys!

oh.... if you havent seen yet...

here is my new online store......... Coffee n' Crafts

later gators......

OH YEAH............ Lost 2lbs! :yay

Hello, I am back after a long period of absence. Life is getting better where I can settle down at the keyboard more often. :)

About my weight loss, I lost a lot of pounds very early in the year but I 'give up' on it. Right now, I am 11 pounds away from my highest weight number. I am not happy about it but slowly accepting and moving on...

For now, I am drinking a lot of water and watch my sodium intake. I don't drink any soda for a whole month. I plan to add exercise routines soon. There are more things I need to do but at this point it is baby steps, baby steps.

I also found the weight loss afghan which push me to post in this thread. Soon, I will add 11 tiles to the afghan.

Anyone ever work on their crochet projects while they do their weight loss ?

Archived