2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Hi everybody!

I wanted to share a couple great links!

If you buy Lean Cuisines, go here and start entering the codes to get a CUTE lunchbag, FREE! http://freelunchbags.leancuisine.com/

Here are some restaurant recipes that have been made over. This link is from SparkPeople: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=162814

So far I'm getting adjusted to the new WW Points system pretty well, I think. I just deleted all my foods that needed to be updated, and I'm adding them again as I go. I made a HUGE pot of vegetable soup, and I can use it to supplement my meals or eat as a snack if I get too hungry. I'm having some trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that they don't use calories when figuring points anymore, and it seems strange that they don't ask you to track your lean protein anymore. They used to suggest 2 - 3 servings of lean protein a day, and now it's not even on the tracker. I guess because they use protein to help figure points?? Well, I still try to get my 2 - 3 servings of lean protein, anyway. :yes

I hope everybody has a wonderful day! :manyheart

Judy

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still haven't really decided on my project. Been having fun with other projects. Need to start searching for table runner patterns. Don't even know if they have any. Has anyone ever crocheted one before? If so what kind of yarn/thread did you use?

You might find something here: http://www.hassdesign.com/

I've bought a few of their instant print patterns and I've been happy with them. I haven't made a table runner, but I've seen some beautiful ones there.

I'm also trying to do the treadmill 20+ min twice a day. This afternoon we are to hit a balmy 43 degrees so may try to go for a walk outside. Haven't settled on a major project but did start teaching myself to knit with four DP needles yesterday. Talk about all thumbs! Was working with five then moved stitches to four needles. Boy is it slow; crocheting is so much faster. Pulled out my old WW cookbook and have decided to try at least one new recipe a week. Need to break the "heavy comfort food" routine that the colder weather brought on.

happystitcher,

The hass website has some beautiful designs. I wish I was that talented. Probably doing a simple motif as I haven't worked with thread in several years. They are awesome....my mother in-law would love those patterns. She helped to teach me how to crochet. Thank you.

I love Spark People recipes, I have used them for 19 months and so far lost 80 pounds....50 more to go as of today.

I weighed in at WW and had lost 1.6 pounds that means I am able to buy one skein of yarn for my project. Hubby says I can buy one skein for every pound lost. Thankfully I only need 9 skeins before I begin. I have two already and plan to start as soon as I get my mom out of the hospital this time

I'm here I keep forgetting to post I must stop that. Things have been crazy the last week. Still can't workout thanks to my ankle, so I'm watching what I eat. I jumped on the scale on Sat and in two weeks I'm down 10lbs!

Tia WTG on 50lbs. I'm 6lbs away from that for me too.:cheer:cheer

I want to get this out in the open, so I can use it as another way I'm accountable for the changes I'm trying to make. :)

I am a 26 year old mother of two (dd is 6 and ds is 3). I am 5'7" tall and weigh 191 lbs. Everyone I've discussed weight loss with IRL says, "There's no way you weigh that much! You don't look it at all!" But you know what? That's kind of worrisome to me. :worried It would be very easy to internalize those 'compliments' and get complacent about my weight-related health.

I know from my doctor and from personal experience that, for my height, a healthy weight is 135 lbs or 140 lbs. At the end of high school and when I first got married I weighed 125 lbs. I felt I was too skinny but never really gained anything due to a metabolism that had yet to be whacked out by pregnancy. :P

After my daughter was born, my body settled in at 160 lbs. Today, three years after my son was born, I weigh 191 lbs. I'm not happy with that. I know it's not healthy for me to be overweight and, quite frankly I don't feel very good about my appearance either. :sigh I've always had self-esteem issues, but they've been magnified ever since I realized I was truly overweight.

I have a very supportive fiance who is with me every step of this journey I'm taking and I appreciate that more than he knows. I may not always show it, but it's true. :manyheart

Like I said, I'm mainly posting this so that I know it's here in this forum and being read by others. I joined a group on facebook started by one of my good friends to act as a support group for all of her friends who are trying to make healthy changes of any kind in their lives. I also have a website where I track my workouts and meals so I can SEE what I've been doing. All of that works as motivators for me. :)

:welcome Jen! It sounds like you're on top of things and making positive changes in your life! Keep that positive attitude, and you'll do great! :cheer

I wanted to share another great article with everybody! This one will make you stop and think! http://canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/06/eat-what-you-love-eat-what-you-crave/

Hello,

Been doing 15-20 minutes on the exercise bike each day!

I still haven't really decided on my project. Been having fun with other projects. Need to start searching for table runner patterns. Don't even know if they have any. Has anyone ever crocheted one before? If so what kind of yarn/thread did you use?

Good job Kathy! I've ordered a bicycle trainer for my trike, so soon I'll be cycling along with you!

I love Spark People recipes, I have used them for 19 months and so far lost 80 pounds....50 more to go as of today.

I weighed in at WW and had lost 1.6 pounds that means I am able to buy one skein of yarn for my project. Hubby says I can buy one skein for every pound lost. Thankfully I only need 9 skeins before I begin. I have two already and plan to start as soon as I get my mom out of the hospital this time

Way to go! That's awesome! I'm about the opposite, I've lost 50 and have about 70 to go. Keep it up!

I'm here I keep forgetting to post I must stop that. Things have been crazy the last week. Still can't workout thanks to my ankle, so I'm watching what I eat. I jumped on the scale on Sat and in two weeks I'm down 10lbs!

Tia WTG on 50lbs. I'm 6lbs away from that for me too.:cheer:cheer

Yay! That's great! Hope the ankle heals really quickly.

:think I am in a rut, a funk or whatever you call it....I'm stagnant at 180! I am going to increase treadmill time to 3 miles per day and add some weights this week. My goal this month for the first of February is 170 so I'd better get moving!

I understand being stagnant, I hit plateaus all the time and have been in this one since Thanksgiving, within the same three pounds. I am getting back to the Y on Monday, have to wait because I went and got a haircut and perm yesterday after doing snow shovbeling and 3 miles on the treadmill. Good luck getting to 170 by February, right now I just don't want to gain anything, I will take a pound a week lost :devil

:think I am in a rut, a funk or whatever you call it....I'm stagnant at 180! I am going to increase treadmill time to 3 miles per day and add some weights this week. My goal this month for the first of February is 170 so I'd better get moving!

Sorry Susan, no fun up on the plateau, just know you're not up there all by yourself. We all visit there from time to time. I find it helpful to cycle my calories up and down so my body doesn't get used to any one way of eating. It's also good that you're changing up your exercising too, between the treadmill and weights. The weights are something I really need to incorporate into my routine.

I should invent crochet hooks and knitting needles that weigh a lb. or two each and then I could crochet/knit and lift weights at the same time!!!! :D

Here is a pic of my 'new' trike. My bicycle trainer is supposed to come today, but I may need dh's help installing it and he's already left for the day. :( It will attach to the back wheel and provide resistance. I can also change gears to change resistance.

post-11662-135897613939_thumb.jpg

Hmmm....

I'll have to think about the photo. I really don't know what I could share along those linees. Your bike looks really neat, though! I'll bet it's easier on your back than the bikes they make now where you have to lean forward to hold onto the handlebars!

Friday is my weigh day, so I weighed this morning. I'm down 3 lbs! :yay

That means since I started WW on Oct 1 (with more than a month off during holidays) I've lost a total of 19 1/2 lbs. I still have quite a way to go, but it's good to see the scale move in the right direction! I'm still amazed that I didn't show an increase after taking time off during the holidays, but I'm thankful!

My grocery store has cantaloupe for $1 right now, so I'm going to be eating lots of 0 point cantaloupe this week! I also have a big pot of vegetable soup in the refrigerator to help keep my points down.

I hope everybody has a great weekend! :cheer

Awesome bike tia....will try to post picture.....not my forte' but will give it my best!!!

191/2 lbs~~~~Congrats happy stitcher!!!! Ty for sharing your tidbits of wise food choices for the week! ***Vegetable soup sounds yummy***

I do have a new recipe to share tomorrow...I am excited...

Going to Crochet and Sip Some Tea...Very Windy and Chilly Here!!!!

It's Do-Able

Kathy

Here's my motivation....after a few hours my bum, arms and shoulder are sore. I will get stronger and more in shape to handle the longer rides.

IMG_0157.jpg

You could post a link to a photo of what your finished project will look like. You could take a photo of the yarn you'll be using. You could go for a walk/hike and take photo of the scenery. Anything, I just like pics :).

Oh you could also take a pic of the finished dish in the recipe you'll be sharing (on Sat. of course) but that's okay. The photo doesn't HAVE to be posted on Friday.

Friday is my weigh day, so I weighed this morning. I'm down 3 lbs! :yay

That means since I started WW on Oct 1 (with more than a month off during holidays) I've lost a total of 19 1/2 lbs. :cheer

Yay!!! :yay

Here's my motivation....after a few hours my bum, arms and shoulder are sore. I will get stronger and more in shape to handle the longer rides.

IMG_0157.jpg

Looks like fun!

Archived