2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Got to do my first weigh in today:eek

On a good note I have chosen my project:hook Sweetheart ripple:manyheart

Bought the pattern and downloaded and printed it yesterday, off to get my wool next week. Can't wait to get started:clap

x

Braved the scale this morning....to cold to walk outside this morning so will be hitting the treadmill mid morning. This week I'll be dropping the flavored creamer from my coffee that I love at Christmas (Peppermint Mocha). Hit the market yesterday and picked up additional veggies and a bag of grapefruit. Warned DH that GRAVY will be in short supply and forget the biscuits and gravy with sausage. Fortunately we are on somewhat different schedules and he does some cooking for himself. Got one box of popsicles for treats. Small changes I know but they will help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Got to do my first weigh in today:eek

On a good note I have chosen my project:hook Sweetheart ripple:manyheart

Bought the pattern and downloaded and printed it yesterday, off to get my wool next week. Can't wait to get started:clap

x

You're project sounds lovely, can't wait to see pics!

Braved the scale this morning....to cold to walk outside this morning so will be hitting the treadmill mid morning. This week I'll be dropping the flavored creamer from my coffee that I love at Christmas (Peppermint Mocha). Hit the market yesterday and picked up additional veggies and a bag of grapefruit. Warned DH that GRAVY will be in short supply and forget the biscuits and gravy with sausage. Fortunately we are on somewhat different schedules and he does some cooking for himself. Got one box of popsicles for treats. Small changes I know but they will help.

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Small changes can make a big difference. :yes

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope we are all off to a great beginning. I did 5 miles today with Leslie Sansone, 100 crunches, 100 lower bridge-ups, and my upper body weight routine. I didn't eat great last night because we had a little get together at our house, so I decided not to weigh in yet. I will wait until Monday as usual for me. Hoping to at least break even, then I can set my goal for the year.:yay

Do not know if I could give up my creamer!! I do enjoy the sugar free pop sicles for treats:)

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope we are all off to a great beginning. I did 5 miles today with Leslie Sansone, 100 crunches, 100 lower bridge-ups, and my upper body weight routine. I didn't eat great last night because we had a little get together at our house, so I decided not to weigh in yet. I will wait until Monday as usual for me. Hoping to at least break even, then I can set my goal for the year.:yay

Ok so I am tried just reading what you have done today! Great Job

So we are off and running:cheer:cheer:cheer

I have my base weight now and will start from there. do we have a weigh in day here?

my first day was fair in the eating not so good in the exercise I know I needed to get up and walk but I didn't so I see I am going to be needing some kicks in the butt for this:yes:yes

Hope everyone had a good first day

I weighted in this morning, and had a bit of a shock--a good one. I lost 3 pounds in December. How did THAT happen? All I can guess is that I must have been carrying some extra water weight or something when I weighed at the beginning of the month. I'm really, really happy not to have gained, because I ate a bunch of sweets and junk during the 2nd half of the month.

But that's all behind me now...:) This is my second day of low-carb eating, and I should be in ketosis by tomorrow. Hallelujah--no more cravings.

I will give myself a week or two before I start to exercise seriously--it's better not to start a weight loss and exercise program at the same time. I'll be feeling better and stronger then, and ready to go. Oh, how I wish I hadn't gotten out of the habit in the first place!

Hi all! I'm officially back!

I weighed on Friday morning, and my scale insisted I was the same as when I got de-railed. I don't know how that could possibly be, because I know I gained back some in my waist....but I tested it by holding a 5 lb weight and stepping back on, and it showed a 5 lb gain. So I'm just going to go with it and see what it says the next time I weigh. HOPEfully it won't say I've gained when I've tried to lose! :P

I wanted to share this link:

http://canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/02/dishing-in-the-new-year/

There are lots of diet friendly recipes there. Some look amazing!

I never got back to the WW place to get those serving spoons, and now they're not on sale, so I guess I'll just keep using measuring cups for now. Oh well. Life got in the way and the store isn't open regular hours. :shrug

I hope everybody has a wonderful New Year! :firecrack

It looks like a fantastic group here ready to support each other. I'm happy to have you all!! :hug

When I originally set my signature to refelct that I was participating, I just guessed at my weight so I thought I had 60 lbs to my goal weight.

Well, I weighed in today and realized that I only have 56 lbs to go! And every two weeks or so I write my current weight on a whiteboard in my bedroom. I noticed today that I have gained a total of ONE POUND over the hilidays!! (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's combined!!!) I can't even begin to tell you ho whappy I am about that!

Looking forward to this year and this challenge. Let's make it happen!

I don't know if any of you remember me talking about wanting a recumbent trike. Well I've been saving my pennies and searching ebay and craigslist. I happened on an ad for one in Richmond. So dh and I drove 4.5 hrs. down there today and got it! I'm so excited, and it was a great deal. It was like new and only 1/4 of the retail price. It's my reward for losing 50 lbs. :clap And I'm going to use it to lose the next 50+ lbs. to go.

I've now lost a total of 50 lbs.! :yay:woo:fame

:woo :woo :cheer:woo :woo That's wonderful!! Congratulations!

Well, I weighed in today and realized that I only have 56 lbs to go! And every two weeks or so I write my current weight on a whiteboard in my bedroom. I noticed today that I have gained a total of ONE POUND over the hilidays!! (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's combined!!!) I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about that!

Congratulations to you, too! 1 lb over the holidays is GREAT! :cheer

Hello fellow CALers!! I'm ready to hit the diet hard today. :yes I went grocery shopping yesterday and threw out the stuff at home I don't need. I have the WW app on my phone for easy recording. This week I'm going to get back into the diet. I'll tackle the exercise issue next week. I like to give myself a few days to get used to the food part again before jumping into the activity, too.

I have been wanting to get my weight down for years now. I now have a real goal to work towards. My fiance and I are getting married May 2012, and I want to lose 80 lbs by then. I currently am at about 230lbs.

It's time to do work. :box

Tia~I'm glad you finally got your bike. Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great!

Venturalee~welcome and congrats on the engagement!

nicolep~I really need to clean out the cupboards too. Too much junk hanging around from the holidays.

I weighed in this morning. Lost another .2 lbs, so my goal is to lose 9 more.:cheerI'm not sure if that is realistic or not, but we shall see.:D

I weighted in this morning, and had a bit of a shock--a good one. I lost 3 pounds in December. How did THAT happen? All I can guess is that I must have been carrying some extra water weight or something when I weighed at the beginning of the month. I'm really, really happy not to have gained, because I ate a bunch of sweets and junk during the 2nd half of the month.

But that's all behind me now...:) This is my second day of low-carb eating, and I should be in ketosis by tomorrow. Hallelujah--no more cravings.

I will give myself a week or two before I start to exercise seriously--it's better not to start a weight loss and exercise program at the same time. I'll be feeling better and stronger then, and ready to go. Oh, how I wish I hadn't gotten out of the habit in the first place!

This is great news on the weight loss :cheer:cheer

good luck with your ketosis tomorrow:)

Hi all! I'm officially back!

I weighed on Friday morning, and my scale insisted I was the same as when I got de-railed. I don't know how that could possibly be, because I know I gained back some in my waist....but I tested it by holding a 5 lb weight and stepping back on, and it showed a 5 lb gain. So I'm just going to go with it and see what it says the next time I weigh. HOPEfully it won't say I've gained when I've tried to lose! :P

I wanted to share this link:

http://canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/02/dishing-in-the-new-year/

There are lots of diet friendly recipes there. Some look amazing!

I never got back to the WW place to get those serving spoons, and now they're not on sale, so I guess I'll just keep using measuring cups for now. Oh well. Life got in the way and the store isn't open regular hours. :shrug

I hope everybody has a wonderful New Year! :firecrack

It looks like a fantastic group here ready to support each other. I'm happy to have you all!! :hug

have you checked on ebay you might be able to find them there. I have not seen them so not sure what you are looking for. I have heard there is a sew point system now at WW's I have done the points before and did good. guess it was back in 2002 I think I lost 46 pounds doing the points of course now I have gained back the 46 plus another 30 to go with it:((

Thanks for sharing the site. looks good

I've now lost a total of 50 lbs.! :yay:woo:fame

WAY TO GO TIA!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Weighed in this morning. No loss, but holding steady from last week. I've had a cold and haven't had the energy to exercise. Maybe by the end of the week.

This is good!! hope you get to feeling better

I don't know if any of you remember me talking about wanting a recumbent trike. Well I've been saving my pennies and searching ebay and craigslist. I happened on an ad for one in Richmond. So dh and I drove 4.5 hrs. down there today and got it! I'm so excited, and it was a great deal. It was like new and only 1/4 of the retail price. It's my reward for losing 50 lbs. :clap And I'm going to use it to lose the next 50+ lbs. to go.

ok so I just had to go look this up to see what it is and oh my!! not sure if I could ride one of those!!

WAY TO GO on your weight loss so far and good luck on this next 50:cheer:cheer

This year has not started out very good. With all the other problems that I've posted about, my scale stopped working! I stepped on it Sunday to get my weight and got an error message. I hope that it's something simple like the battery. It's a round battery like the ones that you find in watches only larger. I don't know where to get one. A friend suggested Radio Shack. Does any one know where I can find a battery?

You can probably get a battery like that at Walmart. Take it out and take it with you, and ask someone in the electronics department to help you find one the same size. Radio Shack might have them, too, as well as Best Buy or any electronics store, but Walmart probably has them as well.

Hello,

Been doing 15-20 minutes on the exercise bike each day!

I still haven't really decided on my project. Been having fun with other projects. Need to start searching for table runner patterns. Don't even know if they have any. Has anyone ever crocheted one before? If so what kind of yarn/thread did you use?

Archived