2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

I rejoined WW 3 weeks ago and have already lost 6ibs. I have about 30 more to go. I am figuring for every lb. I lose, I would make a 12 inch square or four 6" squares for charity. I am thinking of making baby sized afghans (3X3). I'd like to make at least 4 afghans.

I know there will be a week or two Mother Nature has her way. SO I won't make any the weeks I gain. It would be nice to donate them this time next year.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year I lost 27 lbs. I am not trying to loose weight because I am pregnant but I still seem to be doing so. I suspect because of my vitamins and that Ive been on my feet more. I am at 288 lbs which is the lowest Ive been since before I can remember! I am so happy that I finally broke the 290 mark. at the beginning of the year I was 315! <3 Breaking the 200 mark would be a huge milestone for me! <3 My goal is to get to 175 lbs.

Welcome Twinklesnow! :hug And congrats on the little one on the way!

I hear you on breaking the 200 mark, that's my next goal. I was 8 lbs. away from it before Christmas :blush. But I didn't gain much from the holiday goodies and hope to be losing again in a couple days. I'd like to be in the 190's by Jan. 15.

:blush I did so horrible over the holidays....I continue to not buy yarn until I finally hit 169. I did get gift certificates to JoAnn's for Christmas, does that technically count as buying??? :lol No I'm going to stick to it!!! I am going to pull out my project from last year and get busy on a plan. My wonderful dh is taking the day off with me so we can just hang out after the holidays.

Up and down all year but have new incentive. My DD got engaged Dec 3rd and planning a wedding for early Sept 2011. As the mother of the bride I would love to be down a dress size or two before the wedding. Have already started working on the treadmill for 15 min a couple times a day. Even watching TV I get bored on the treadmill and look forward to getting outside as our weather improves and the days get longer. I'll be working on charity projects as my reward: infant hats and blankets, 6x9 rectangles and scarves for next Christmas. See you all soon.

I was thinking of doing something for charity, my loss is their gain. Project linus, warm up america.....etc.:sheepxmas

Great Idea Meegan

I rejoined WW 3 weeks ago and have already lost 6ibs. I have about 30 more to go. I am figuring for every lb. I lose, I would make a 12 inch square or four 6" squares for charity. I am thinking of making baby sized afghans (3X3). I'd like to make at least 4 afghans.

I know there will be a week or two Mother Nature has her way. SO I won't make any the weeks I gain. It would be nice to donate them this time next year.

sounds like you have your plan in place:cheer:cheer

I would like to join in. I've got a lot of weight to lose this year. So far I've lost 30lbs. I'm thinking I'll do this afghan http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2347&cps=21191. I've always wanted to do a ripple one and just never have.

Merry Christmas!

Ally

Welcome Ally, This is so pretty! what colors are you going to use?

Up and down all year but have new incentive. My DD got engaged Dec 3rd and planning a wedding for early Sept 2011. As the mother of the bride I would love to be down a dress size or two before the wedding. Have already started working on the treadmill for 15 min a couple times a day. Even watching TV I get bored on the treadmill and look forward to getting outside as our weather improves and the days get longer. I'll be working on charity projects as my reward: infant hats and blankets, 6x9 rectangles and scarves for next Christmas. See you all soon.

way to go on the up coming wedding! I know what you mean about boring! but we do what we have to do i guess:) I just need to get up out of this chair and move!!

Ok so We have 5 day to go! to get ourselves in the right mind set!! to have a plan! to have small goal so that we do not over whem ourselves and just give up! course trust me i am here to tell you I can give up so easy and really just fall off the wagon big time!!

so my niece gets this Dancing game that goes to the WII for christmas and guess who she wants to play with her. and just doesn't understand why I would NOT get up in front of the whole family and try it out:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

like can you see a 325 woman dancing to Hammer Time in front of 7 people? NOT:eek:eek

I did promise her that once everyone was gone this week and back at work I would try it with her. now she is 16 and only 98 pounds!! so this should be a sight to behold :lol

If it works and i like it I might use it as my workouts. we will see:yes

so I will be thinking this week about goals that i need to set on the first and will let you all know.

hope everyone had a great holiday and ate all you wanted to cause that is going to be it for a while!! :lol

All my Christmas indulges are over!

I have to search through my magazines for the pattern I want to make, and then buy thread for it. I know what my weight was at the beginning of December, but I am not stepping on the scale until Dec. 31 to see what the damage is, especially since it's that time of the month.

I'm ready to go as far as diet is concerned (I'm a low-carber), but I really need some kind of focus or plan for exercise. :think

I'm ready to go as far as diet is concerned (I'm a low-carber), but I really need some kind of focus or plan for exercise. :think

:hi hello fellow low-carber!!

Sissie gotta love those dance games! The Kinect by X-box takes pictures and videos of you during the games....very scary!

:blush I did so horrible over the holidays....I continue to not buy yarn until I finally hit 169. I did get gift certificates to JoAnn's for Christmas, does that technically count as buying??? :lol No I'm going to stick to it!!! I am going to pull out my project from last year and get busy on a plan. My wonderful dh is taking the day off with me so we can just hang out after the holidays.

Welcome back Susan! :hug What's your project again?

Welcome Darlene! :hug Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

I want to join. Last year I dropped out :(

This year I want to do this afghan: http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/TV+Projects/KTVSamplerC+Crochet+Sampler+Afghan.htm

Because I love it and have wanted to do it for a really long time. I will work on it for an hour for every pound that I lose. Hopefully I lose enough to actually finish it, lol.

So, now I'm going to figure out what yarn I will need to buy to complete it.

I'm really looking forward to this and I won't be flaking out this year. I may change the amount of time for each pound lost. I'll see how it goes :)

. Even watching TV I get bored on the treadmill and look forward to getting outside as our weather improves and the days get longer.

Have you tried listening to books on tape? Once you get into the story, I find I keep going until the next page break....

Hope all your holidays were joyful and nonbinging....I chose to bake one of my favorites so I can't say I was very successful. With all the extra activity the scale says I am holding steady.

DH and I gave ourselves a stationary bike for Christmas. It's not a traditional upright but it has more of a regular set back chair on it. We had a traditional upright stationary bike and it hurt my bum after 5 minutes. So at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes I'm gonna use the "Bike."

Haven't decided what to crochet for myself. Have a couple of days yet. I can carry 3-5 lbs. of fluid on me from one day to the next so will just crochet something as long as I am still doing my best and communicating with all of you...I know I can succeed!

Want to get down 20lbs. and it is do-able!!! Now to pick out my yarn,,,my favorite part of a project and decide on my project.

Happy Losing,

Kathy

We need to get all psyched up this week. Any ideas?

I have a little notebook I received for Christmas, and I'm thinking of journaling a bit. I want to collect a few new recipes to keep my interest in place. I have quite a bit of weight to lose, so I'm not expecting to "get there" in a hurry. If I can get to the end of 2011 still focused on weight loss, I will be thrilled (it's going to be a long haul). I'm hoping you all will help me out. I'm chuffed that several of us are low-carbers, too. :-)

Okay, here's my project. I had originally thought to crochet one motif for each pound lost, but there seem to be 166 motifs, and even I don't need to lose that much, so I'll be making TWO motifs for each pound. I won't be using these colors, either, but I haven't bought the thread yet, so I don't know exactly what it will look like. I'm thinking ecru for the white, but not sure what else, and even that isn't definite. Gotta go thread shopping...whoo hoo!

post-13065-135897610626_thumb.jpg

Archived