Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

I had back labor for all of mine and did the first three au naturel... it was absolutely no picnic, but I had a few contractions without back labor and they weren't all that bad as long as I did relaxation and visualization techniques. The advantage to going natural? I was right as rain as soon as I ate after giving birth. I got up, went pee, felt pretty good aside from needing an ice pack. The fourth time, I had swelling and shivers from the epidural, as well as not being able to get up out of bed for hours afterward. I would say to go prepared to do it naturally - get some self-hypnosis and relaxation CDs/tapes and practice every day (seriously, practice is important). Then, if you need it you can always do the epidural.

Epidurals don't always work, nor do they work well quite often. A fair portion of women have paralysis of one kind or another afterwards for up to months. (More common is a few days) I know of a woman who lost all feeling you-know-where and never got it back as a result of nerve damage.

:eek

you sound like my momma! She keeps say "I dont get girls these days, its not THAT bad" We will see what happens

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, labor is different for every woman for each pregnancy. I absolutely hate needles, so there was no way I wanted to do that. I had a complication with DD5 (fourth) that required me to be prepared for an emergency RIGHT NOW C-section, so they had to setup the epidural line or I would have had to go under general anesthesia. Given the choices, I decided to see what an epidural birth was like.

I had an absolutely PERFECT epidural - I maintained control of my bladder (often they have to catheterize you), and I could still move my legs, but felt no contraction pain. I had one IMMENSE contraction where I dilated from 2 cm to 10cm (no kidding) that hurt like the dickens even through the epidural.

Given the choice, however - I would go natural again. The delivery was much more .... "normal" without the epidural - my contractions were deadened, but so were all the normal rhythms of labor that my body went through - I had no idea when to push, I had to watch the contraction monitor, and that slowed the whole process down a ton. I liked it much better when I could work WITH the contraction - the pushing was only about 20 minutes with each that way. Pushing with my daughter took over an hour, and when she was born she was VERY groggy and they had to suction her, she refused to cry. It was very tense.

I'd prepare and give mother nature the opportunity to do what it should, and you may find out that labor really isn't as bad as you're fearing. I won't kid you to say that it's enjoyable, but it isn't usually horrendous.

I'm not planning on having kids, but I have had the needle in the back. I had to have a lumbar puncture as part of my MS testing. I feel for all women who have the epidural. I truly do!

On a semi-related topic, I have to say how amazing Express Scripts is! They do my mail order meds, I ordered a re-fill on one about 3 weeks ago. They debited my account 10/7. I called Tuesday as I still hadn't received them. I knew it wasn't Express Scripts' fault. So they set up to do a replacement, of course I'd be charged again and it'd take away one of my re-fills. Guy said if I received the first package, I could keep both and be good for 6 months :lol. He also told me it would take 3-5 business days to process the replacement then they'd overnight it at no charge. My original order arrived yesterday :think I'm still trying to figure out where it's been! Today my replacement order arrived. Guess I can't call to cancel the replacement :lol

Erin ~ Alexander is a wonderful name. :c9

I have a big pot of lentil-sausage soup simmering away. Can you tell I'm ready for cold weather? :lol It's DH's favorite and I always make cornbread sticks to go with it.

Here are three out of five sections of my Double IC. (The sections aren't whipstitched together yet.) There is a light from bookshelves that is making a diagonal "shadow stripe" through the white blocks. :) (Clickable)

th_IrishChain003.jpg

I have a big pot of lentil-sausage soup simmering away. Can you tell I'm ready for cold weather? :lol It's DH's favorite and I always make cornbread sticks to go with it.

Here are three out of five sections of my Double IC. (The sections aren't whipstitched together yet.) There is a light from bookshelves that is making a diagonal "shadow stripe" through the white blocks. :) (Clickable)

th_IrishChain003.jpg

Thank you, he's Alexander Dean

Alexander is apparently my greatgrand father's middle name on my moms side, along with his son's(my great uncle) first name, and Dean is my grandfather's middle name even though hes adopted it as his first basically. We didn't really choose them for those reasons but its cool to have a family tie in there. He's my lil wiggle worm. :lol

The blanket is looking pretty lovely so far :hook

Epidurals don't always work, nor do they work well quite often. A fair portion of women have paralysis of one kind or another afterwards for up to months. (More common is a few days) I know of a woman who lost all feeling you-know-where and never got it back as a result of nerve damage.

:eek

Of my 5 children, 4 of them were born via C-section. My first daughter was "natural", my second daughter was an emergency c-section where they had to put me to sleep - so no epidural - they gased me. My third was an attempted VBAC, but after 12 failed hours and I had to have the epi and c-section anyway. My 4 and 5th were automatic planned c-sections with epidurals. During the birth of my last child the anesthesiologist hit a nerve when he was attempting to insert the needle and I remember my leg went flying all by itself! He did this twice. To this day (my youngest just truned 5) I have nerver damage running down the back of my right leg that burns when it is touched a certain way and occasionally tingles.

My oldest son (who is 6) was diagnosed with cancer when he was 3 and has undergone 24 lunbar punctures/spinals over the past 3 years. He developed nerve damage in his feet that causes him to walk on his toes on occasion and his feet are sensitive to where he hates to where socks or anything on his feet.

Anyway, of my 5 kids, my first daughter was the hardest delivery, but easiest recovery. I'd choose the east recovery over delivery any day... especially when you are afterward at home taking care of a newborn.

Of my 5 children, 4 of them were born via C-section. My first daughter was "natural", my second daughter was an emergency c-section where they had to put me to sleep - so no epidural - they gased me. My third was an attempted VBAC, but after 12 failed hours and I had to have the epi and c-section anyway. My 4 and 5th were automatic planned c-sections with epidurals. During the birth of my last child the anesthesiologist hit a nerve when he was attempting to insert the needle and I remember my leg went flying all by itself! He did this twice. To this day (my youngest just truned 5) I have nerver damage running down the back of my right leg that burns when it is touched a certain way and occasionally tingles.

My oldest son (who is 6) was diagnosed with cancer when he was 3 and has undergone 24 lunbar punctures/spinals over the past 3 years. He developed nerve damage in his feet that causes him to walk on his toes on occasion and his feet are sensitive to where he hates to where socks or anything on his feet.

Anyway, of my 5 kids, my first daughter was the hardest delivery, but easiest recovery. I'd choose the east recovery over delivery any day... especially when you are afterward at home taking care of a newborn.

I read a lil about your kidos on your site, what sweet children. I can't wait for our lil punk to come :D He truly is a miracle to me because I feel as though if it weren't for our faith in a higher power we would have lost him in the first two months due to miscarry, but hes a lil fighter :manyheart

I had both my girls natural... (2 girls out of 6 pregnancies) the youngest was the pain... she decided she was coming breech... rear end first... Dr said we were lucky she was 6 lbs and was tucked up in good position... DD#1 had an epidural for her first and had the 2nd natural... she said the 2nd hurt more but she was able to get back to normal quicker after the 2nd... she wasn't as groggy...

th_IrishChain003.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous, Mary :clap

Cara here's one for you

Online divorcee jailed after killing virtual hubby

By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press

TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

I'm figuring out my color scheme for my double IC... I have dark plum, lavender, and white... I'm thinking of putting the dark plum as the main color... I don't know if I want the white in the center of the chain or the lavender

DGD#1 was helping me look for something and she had the nerve to tell me I had too much yarn

Cara here's one for you

Online divorcee jailed after killing virtual hubby

By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press

TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

Oh that's just sad :rofl He was an idiot to give her his password :lol

I'm figuring out my color scheme for my double IC... I have dark plum, lavender, and white... I'm thinking of putting the dark plum as the main color... I don't know if I want the white in the center of the chain or the lavender

DGD#1 was helping me look for something and she had the nerve to tell me I had too much yarn

There's no such thing as too much yarn :hook

th_IrishChain003.jpg

Lovely :clap

142 solids and 1 bi colour for me please :D

Morning everyone. Well after another break from the saltines I've gathered what I think is enough yarn for Maddie's garden quilt. I plan to start that today sometime.

Erin your colors look pretty.

Mary your ghan is looking great so far.

Mornin' everyone.

Well, I'm somewhat back into my routine now and back to making saltines. So Mary, please add 119 more solids for me. That is all I had left to finish my Irish Chain. I plan to work on sewing them together today.

Good Morning Ladies,

I have not posted in a while and just wanted to say hello!

Mary, your IC is beautiful!

Shelly, love the colors. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Everyone have a wonderful day and keep up the awesome work!

How dare she:eek Obviously your gene hasn't been passed down to her:lol:lol

Archived