Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Is it too late for me to join this thing???

I have started making this afghan for my mother and I am afraid Christmas is coming faster than my fingers can move. We moved into a new house last week and I havent picked up my needles since then, I realized today that I better get busy.

There are 64 days left 'til Christmas (not including today).

My quiltghan has 864 squares.

I currently have 285 saltines completed and most of them sewed together.

That leaves me needing 579 saltines... divided by 64 days... oh, that means I only need 9 a day. Oh that makes it seem totally doable.

Let the smackdown begin!

Seriously?! There's only 64 days left? :eek

Tracey, sure! I'm sure I can fit you into my suitcase. The more the merrier :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and Linda, to date I've only eaten on RCCL, I've never actually cruised them. So I'm excited! DBF had a wonderful idea. Although, there goes the new tv I was going to save for :lol

I have started making this afghan for my mother and I am afraid Christmas is coming faster than my fingers can move. We moved into a new house last week and I havent picked up my needles since then, I realized today that I better get busy.

That leaves me needing 579 saltines... divided by 64 days... oh, that means I only need 9 a day. Oh that makes it seem totally doable.

Let the smackdown begin!

It's never too late! Pull up a chair :hug

Cara -- Your work is outstanding!! I love Santa. Very nice!! :clap

Val -- Wow!! That is just fantastic news. What a treat to look forward to after the holidays.

Karen -- I still love the look of your Baby 9-patch quilts :yes Once this IC is done, I know just where my next batch of saltines is destined....

Not at all. Broken down that way, 9 saltines per day sounds very do-able. Good luck :cheer

Mary -- :yay:yayCongratulations on reaching 2000.:yay:yay

WONDERFUL 9square afghan.. I think that will my next one.

I love MR. Claus almost as much as I love Mrs. Claus.

Today I found 8 skeins of BAby Bee Dreamy Baby Chenile. a varigated, red, pink, blues, gray..etc. What should I make with it? I couldn't pass it up for only $2.10 each instead of 5.84.. Darn clearence sections.

Daughter is in HEAVEN with her braces off. Tonight is a "carmel apple" and tomorrow is dinner out for Ribs...

Michele

PS I want to go on a cruise too.... =(

Doh! :oops I keep forgetting to put a photo in here :P Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's Santa all finished....

santa2.jpg

Oh Cara, he is so cute! How did you make his beard look so authentic?

Marian, it's never too late to join. :) I'll add you to the scorecard with 285 squares to start with...I just need to know if they are solids (1 point) or bi-colors (2 points). :hook

Val, the Cruise sounds so exciting! So glad you and BF are able to go.

Erin, you are being so good and finishing WIPS...you could squeeze a few saltines in every so often. :devil

Today I found 8 skeins of BAby Bee Dreamy Baby Chenile. a varigated, red, pink, blues, gray..etc. What should I make with it? I couldn't pass it up for only $2.10 each instead of 5.84.. Darn clearence sections.

Daughter is in HEAVEN with her braces off. Tonight is a "carmel apple" and tomorrow is dinner out for Ribs...

Michele

PS I want to go on a cruise too.... =(

Oh that yarn clearance aisle has gotten us all into trouble at one time or other :lol :lol Glad DD is enjoying her brace-free teeth. She needs to make sure to brusha brusha though :D

Oh Cara, he is so cute! How did you make his beard look so authentic?

Just a plain ol' chain loop stitch.

The pattern's on the site now finally. I didn't think I'd ever get that finished :blush

Now I'm just gonna listen to my book and whine about being sick :devil

This is mine so far.. the colors are dark as my flash is dying but gives you an idea. I am using Vanna's Choice (Toffee, Terra Cotta, Olive, Mustard, and Brick)

My Graph:

th_Novem.jpg

This is barely one corner it is going to be near king size when finished.

th_NewCamera045.jpg

Better Pictures:

th_NewCamera046.jpg

th_NewCamera047.jpg

th_NewCamera048.jpg

th_NewCamera049-1.jpg

Here is another completed baby nine-patch:

th_HPIM1563.jpg

I am truly hooked on these blankies!

Mary please put me down for another 15 solids :D

Just beautiful, love the purple colours. :clap

I'm reporting 36 solid squares...that gives me an even 2000. :hook

Mary that is just fantastic :clap can you pm me your address so I can send you some goodies for reaching the big 2000.

Let the smackdown begin!

Welcome to the cal, you have made a great start already, you will be able to finish it before xmas. Easy peasy. :yes

Karen, that's beautiful!

I'm going on a cruise!!! Mom's a travel agent and we were talking in general Saturday about the economy and to highlight it, she told me that Royal Caribbean had recently come out with a special $199 for an inside cabin for a 4 day cruise. I mentioned it to DBF in passing and he then asked me when the cruise dates were. So I asked Mom about it today. We leave Jan 19th for a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas, visiting Nassau and CocoCay! Grand total? $584.22 for the two of us in an ocean view cabin! :cheer

WOW! I would love to go on a cruise - one of these days :D

Kidge - Love the quilt-ghan!!

Thanks for all the compliments on my 9-patch. I really like making them!

Mary - 26 more solids for me

WOW! I would love to go on a cruise - one of these days :D

Kidge - Love the quilt-ghan!!

Thanks for all the compliments on my 9-patch. I really like making them!

Mary - 26 more solids for me

I was thinking my next cruise would be a while off. After all, I'm still paying off debt. But I actually have enough saved that I can pay for this and not charge it :clap. Now to save for spending money and there goes the tv I was gonna save for :lol

Happy Wednesday, ladies. :) Thanks for the cheers...I've made more squares so I'm already back on the bottom of the list. :lol

Kidge ~ Your ghan is going to be gorgeous. :hook Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Karen, 26 more added. :)

Michele, it looks as though you have enough yarn for a baby ghan or wearables! Let us know what you decide. :yes

Hi Judy ~ Hope you are okay. :hug

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

so yesterday I showed my mom the whole quilted blanket fab and she turned her nose to it!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

Im thinking I'll have to pick a different afghan for them and use my squares for something later, maybe for me??? Darnet...now it will have to be done after Christmas. Flippin' mom!

oh my goodness...I swear my mother must be hormonal or something!! She just called me back about the website link I sent her and said that some of the patterns are kinda neat(just not the one I chose!!)...she quilts a little so I guess I should have expected her to be a bit skeptical. She cannot crochet so she said she wishes there were knit patterns and will search for them! So nooooow Im changing the pattern up, lucky for me I only sewed one stripe together! WHEW! Its not a lost WIP cause anymore....haha...wow...my stress level just dropped a million notches

Hi, Mary - I'm feeling good these days. Just a lot of icky post nasal drip from the infection...otherwise:) Thanks for asking....:hug

Morning ladies :flower Ooops it's the middle of the afternoon isn't it? :blush Since I finished everything yesterday I decided to just let myself be sick today :lol I've been lazing around in bed and I actually feel better :D

Erin - Dontcha just love hormonal moms :lol

Judy - I'm so glad you're feeling better :hug

Think today I'm still gonna be a total schlub. Might crochet might not :lol

Howdy doody everyone :hi:flower

Cara sometimes you just need lazy daisy days like that.

Erin oh I hope you can find a pattern that your Mum will like. Im glad you didnt get too far into crocheting this one.

I have done another 5 Grecian Tile Squares and will sew them together soon.

Wendy, good morning!

Cara, I hope you'll feel batter soon, too - sometimes it just takes a few doses of antibiotics to get the ball rolling:hug

Archived