Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all! Thanks for the nice compliments :c9

Guess what its doing today in good ol MI?? :rain and its waaaay :wbrr out there. Im just hoping my DH isn't working on the flight line today getting his feet all wet. :( They sent off some more jets this week so they are running out of ones to work on before this whole base move type deal we got going on(which means we will be moving too) BUT since its raining its a good day to work on 1)feeling better because I am ALL stuffed up :yuck:sneeze and 2) AFGAHNS!! yippee

I think I'll have crochet ADD today though because there are dishes to do and just one more FBB to finish before monday...but I have the whole weekend off :hook

I haven't checked in here in a very long while~since the Jasie Baby Blanket I made for my Aunt, which was a very big hit btw! Now I have the opportunity to make the precious gnome as a Christmas gift for an on-line friend. They have told their son lots of made up stories of a boy and a gnome, so they considered writing up the stories and also giving him this gnome~isn't that AWESOME? LOVE those kinds of gifts!!!

Anyway, any idea on what to charge for labor? TIA! I cannot even begin to share the depth of appreciation and gratitude on my heart for these patterns being available for us to sell the finished product. I'm just a little homeschool mom, but every little bit helps sooo much!!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

We're not letting you off the hook that easily. :devil Nope, no deadline...I think we set it up to go on as long as there is interest. :yes

Well alrighty then. :lol I'll keep plugging along one day I'll get there :D

Happy Friday, everyone. It's fun to see so many posts this morning. :)

Thank you all for the compliments. :manyheart

Denise ~ All of your ghans are beautiful! I love the colors you're using for the IC. :yarn I can't remember what the one on the bottom is? :blush:think Your squares are on the list.

Hi Linda M.~ Wow! Congratulations on finishing your squares for the IC. :cheer 119 more added.

Sure don't mean to miss anyone...the dr. put me on a low dose blood pressure med and I'm having a hard time concentrating. Thank goodness for sticky notes! :lol

I hope everyone is having a great day...I'll post the scores after while. :D

Errrrr......I decided to just crochet away on squares for awhile without joining them.....to finish my CASA I needed 34 more square in the RH buff color, and wouldn't you know.....I was on my last skein and got 33......errrrr now I get to get a skein for 1 square....oh well, add the rest to the stash...and I know that I don't have any of that color in my stash either....:lol

Morning everyone. Well after another break from the saltines I've gathered what I think is enough yarn for Maddie's garden quilt. I plan to start that today sometime.

:cheer Can't wait to see the garden ghan :clap

Mornin' everyone.

Well, I'm somewhat back into my routine now and back to making saltines. So Mary, please add 119 more solids for me. That is all I had left to finish my Irish Chain. I plan to work on sewing them together today.

That's great! :clap

Good Morning Ladies,

I have not posted in a while and just wanted to say hello!

Mary, your IC is beautiful!

Shelly, love the colors. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Everyone have a wonderful day and keep up the awesome work!

Hi Selanda! :hug

th_show003.jpg

The 3 afghans I am busy with :yes

Three at once! :nworthy They look fabulous!

Morning all! Thanks for the nice compliments :c9

Guess what its doing today in good ol MI?? :rain and its waaaay :wbrr out there. Im just hoping my DH isn't working on the flight line today getting his feet all wet. :( They sent off some more jets this week so they are running out of ones to work on before this whole base move type deal we got going on(which means we will be moving too) BUT since its raining its a good day to work on 1)feeling better because I am ALL stuffed up :yuck:sneeze and 2) AFGAHNS!! yippee

I think I'll have crochet ADD today though because there are dishes to do and just one more FBB to finish before monday...but I have the whole weekend off :hook

Hooray for the weekend off :clap Yep, sounds like a cocooning day to me :hook

I haven't checked in here in a very long while~since the Jasie Baby Blanket I made for my Aunt, which was a very big hit btw! Now I have the opportunity to make the precious gnome as a Christmas gift for an on-line friend. They have told their son lots of made up stories of a boy and a gnome, so they considered writing up the stories and also giving him this gnome~isn't that AWESOME? LOVE those kinds of gifts!!!

Anyway, any idea on what to charge for labor? TIA! I cannot even begin to share the depth of appreciation and gratitude on my heart for these patterns being available for us to sell the finished product. I'm just a little homeschool mom, but every little bit helps sooo much!!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Oh how neat! Dunno about a labor charge, but I charge $18 for a finished doll made out of RHSS or ILTY. That might not be enough though. What does everyone else think? :think

Sure don't mean to miss anyone...the dr. put me on a low dose blood pressure med and I'm having a hard time concentrating. Thank goodness for sticky notes! :lol

Yes, sticky notes are wonderful aren't they? :lol Wish I had the BP medicine excuse though :rofl

Yep, don't panic but I'm actually awake before noon :lol Didn't go to bed until 6 this morning and was up by 10. Forced myself to get up. 6 a.m. is a little late even for me :lol

Hi Laura Lee! Only one more square...that's just not fair. :no Do you want me to add 33 solids? :think

Thanks for the sweet comment. :)

I will have to get you a better count sometime later today cause I did do a bunch more in the black, but no idea how many, so hold off for now, K?

Okay, Ladies. Here is what we have as of this morning. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or if any other changes need to be made. :)

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Karen (econ-nerd) 1666

Dusti (rii698) 1621

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1307

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1096

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 792

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Donna (sewnsew) 705

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 657

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 236

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Erin (EMedley) 151

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Mary (Skysmom) *** 20

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Cara, I think $25 or $30 wouldn't be out of line at all. :hook

I think you're probably right on track. I haven't sold a doll in over 5 years. I can't give 'em up :lol But Santa and his Mrs will go to my sister for Christmas. She saw them and fell in love :manyheart

Way to go Shelly! I haven't worked on my IC in awhile. I've been working on Christmas stuff. I have a problem. Maybe you guys can tell me what to do :lol

I bought Vanna's Choice in Pink, Dusty Rose, Antique Rose and Dusty Green. I was going to do the braided afghan, but the joining (the crocheting around the braid itself) drove me nuts. So I thought maybe the Lacy Stars pattern (can be found at freepatterns.com), so I made up one. I really do like how the oclors look, but mine ended up being 6" with a J hook, instead of 8" with their suggested H hook. That'd be a lot of squares for an afghan by Christmas. So I thought maybe doing that square as an H bag.

So, right now it's a toss up between an H bag in the Lacy Stars square, or a round ripple and I think I'd "paint" the pinks. Please please tell me what to do since I can't make up my mind! Oh, and this is a gift for my Uncle's gf, this is the first time we're gonna meet her. Thank you!!

Mornin' everyone.

Well, I'm somewhat back into my routine now and back to making saltines. So Mary, please add 119 more solids for me. That is all I had left to finish my Irish Chain. I plan to work on sewing them together today.

Way to go, Linda :clap Wow, that is a lot of saltines at once. Congrats on finishing up your IC. I cannot wait to see photos of a finished one.

Lovely :clap

142 solids and 1 bi colour for me please :D

Aren't you on a roll, Denise?!? Fantastic. You are so busy, yet you can keep 3 different patterns straight -- :nworthy Keep the progress pictures coming!

I have a big pot of lentil-sausage soup simmering away. Can you tell I'm ready for cold weather? :lol It's DH's favorite and I always make cornbread sticks to go with it.

Here are three out of five sections of my Double IC. (The sections aren't whipstitched together yet.) There is a light from bookshelves that is making a diagonal "shadow stripe" through the white blocks. :) (Clickable)

th_IrishChain003.jpg

Mmmmm, Sausage Lentil Soup is one of my winter-time favorites, too. I really like the colors you have chosen for your IC. How large are you making it, again? Looks good thus far :yes

Please add 25 solids to my total.

Way to go Shelly! I haven't worked on my IC in awhile. I've been working on Christmas stuff. I have a problem. Maybe you guys can tell me what to do :lol

I bought Vanna's Choice in Pink, Dusty Rose, Antique Rose and Dusty Green. I was going to do the braided afghan, but the joining (the crocheting around the braid itself) drove me nuts. So I thought maybe the Lacy Stars pattern (can be found at freepatterns.com), so I made up one. I really do like how the oclors look, but mine ended up being 6" with a J hook, instead of 8" with their suggested H hook. That'd be a lot of squares for an afghan by Christmas. So I thought maybe doing that square as an H bag.

So, right now it's a toss up between an H bag in the Lacy Stars square, or a round ripple and I think I'd "paint" the pinks. Please please tell me what to do since I can't make up my mind! Oh, and this is a gift for my Uncle's gf, this is the first time we're gonna meet her. Thank you!!

I love making RRs:c9 Those colors would be gorgeous in that pattern!

k, add another 34 for me:clap that makes 200 yippeee!

got distracted today because of dishes and then I had to fix a wedding shower gift cross stitch that apparently in my pregnancy brain mush I forgot the B in December and glued the frame back on upside down...the couple didn't care but I sure did!!!

Erin~Yay for reaching 200 already! :cheer Are these all solids?

Dusti~Thank you! I'm making this one 5 x 5 blocks. 25 more added. :hook

Val, have you already decided? I think the RR in those colors would be just beautiful! :yarn

Erin - you always catch my attention when writing that "k" at the beginning like that. People here often put "K" when talking to me, and it's like having my name called in a crowd... :rofl

haha my bad! :lol its kinda a bad habit of mine...all the internet talk

Archived