Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cara, when I get my flu shot my arm always hurts afterwards...ice it down if you can. Relax for the night now:hug

I don't think we have early voting in NJ - unless you count absentee voting....

Oh ice is a good idea :yes Hope I can at least finish this trim on santa's coat though. I'd be lost without early voting. No way I can stand in that line on voting day. I looked up a closer location a bit ago and now I'm all set. Just have to get someone to drive me :D

Cara.. I hope you are feeling better???... Did they put you on antibiotics? and LOTS AND LOTS OF FLUIDS..

My daughter is excited because she just found out she gets her braces off tomorrow. (for me it means that I get the morning off from work). She has only had them on for just over 3 years but to get them off before Halloween is wonderful. She can eat all the different candies. hahahahahahaaa =)

Just had to share.

Michele

I don't think NY has early voting :think I've never heard of anyone doing it.

I think they do it so much down South because we have such a large number of retirees and Winter Southerner (affectionately known as Snow Birds :)) Make it easier on them :yes

Cara.. I hope you are feeling better???... Did they put you on antibiotics? and LOTS AND LOTS OF FLUIDS..

My daughter is excited because she just found out she gets her braces off tomorrow. (for me it means that I get the morning off from work). She has only had them on for just over 3 years but to get them off before Halloween is wonderful. She can eat all the different candies. hahahahahahaaa =)

Just had to share.

Michele

Yep she gave me an antibiotic. Just have to convince myself to take it easy. Don't see that happening tomorrow. I have to do the cleaning I didn't get to today and help my sister study.

Yay for DD getting her braces off just in time for Halloween :yay

Wendy - no, it isn't compulsory. In fact, I think that less than half of the eligible population actually vote, even in a presidential election. When there isn't a presidential election, I think it's more like 30%.

Part of the problem, in my mind, is the Electoral College. When they start in mid-November saying how your state is going to vote, based on the College, it sort of makes it a moot point if you're voting otherwise.... It's like knowing the winner before the race even happens.

Anyway, off my :soapbox

Wendy - no, it isn't compulsory. In fact, I think that less than half of the eligible population actually vote, even in a presidential election. When there isn't a presidential election, I think it's more like 30%.

Part of the problem, in my mind, is the Electoral College. When they start in mid-November saying how your state is going to vote, based on the College, it sort of makes it a moot point if you're voting otherwise.... It's like knowing the winner before the race even happens.

Anyway, off my :soapbox

Yes, I think I'd rather see a popular vote instead of the electoral college :yes

Cara, Mrs Claus is wonderful. Hope you feel better soon!

Another lovely 9 patch.

Was going to comment on more but I can't for the life of me recall what....

Mary, another 80 solids and 4 bi-colors for me.

Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)

Dusti ~ 50 more added for you. :hook Let us know how crocheting with gloves on works. :devil

Hi Tracy ~ WTG on getting back to the Casa! Please remind me what colors you're using. :blush:D

Karen, your purple nine patch is adorable! :c9 15 solids added.

Michele, your DD must be sooo excited about getting rid of the braces. Mine sure was. :yes

Laura Lee ~ Wow! Congratulations on getting so many squares made. :cheer

I'm reporting 36 solid squares...that gives me an even 2000. :hook

Here is another completed baby nine-patch:

th_HPIM1563.jpg

I am truly hooked on these blankies!

Mary please put me down for another 15 solids :D

Just gorgeous! :clap

I'm reporting 36 solid squares...that gives me an even 2000. :hook

Wonderful job Mary!! :clap:cheer:woo:h5:dance

Santa is done. Just have to take his photo and then write out the directions. Hope I can read my notes on this one :lol Hopefully I'll get that done sometime today. My sister will be here most of the day so I can help her study.

Thank you, Cara and Tracy. :manyheart

Cara, yay for finishing Santa! Looking forward to pictures.

Tracy ~ Thanks for the reminder...I bet those colors are gorgeous together. :yes

Only a little more cleaning left to do, then some paperwork, and then it's crochet time. :hook

Karen, that's beautiful!

I'm going on a cruise!!! Mom's a travel agent and we were talking in general Saturday about the economy and to highlight it, she told me that Royal Caribbean had recently come out with a special $199 for an inside cabin for a 4 day cruise. I mentioned it to DBF in passing and he then asked me when the cruise dates were. So I asked Mom about it today. We leave Jan 19th for a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas, visiting Nassau and CocoCay! Grand total? $584.22 for the two of us in an ocean view cabin! :cheer

Karen, that's beautiful!

I'm going on a cruise!!! Mom's a travel agent and we were talking in general Saturday about the economy and to highlight it, she told me that Royal Caribbean had recently come out with a special $199 for an inside cabin for a 4 day cruise. I mentioned it to DBF in passing and he then asked me when the cruise dates were. So I asked Mom about it today. We leave Jan 19th for a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas, visiting Nassau and CocoCay! Grand total? $584.22 for the two of us in an ocean view cabin! :cheer

Score!! :h5

Karen, that's beautiful!

That sounds wonderful, do you have space in your suitcase for me? :D

Karen, that's beautiful!

Congrats on the upcoming cruise! I love Royal Caribbean; I just came back from a 15 day cruise with them. And today I booked 3 shorter cruises for next year with them.:yes

Is it too late for me to join this thing???

I have started making this afghan for my mother and I am afraid Christmas is coming faster than my fingers can move. We moved into a new house last week and I havent picked up my needles since then, I realized today that I better get busy.

There are 64 days left 'til Christmas (not including today).

My quiltghan has 864 squares.

I currently have 285 saltines completed and most of them sewed together.

That leaves me needing 579 saltines... divided by 64 days... oh, that means I only need 9 a day. Oh that makes it seem totally doable.

Let the smackdown begin!

Archived