Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, all. :)

Val ~ 13 more added. :hook What did you decide about your Christmas things vs. the IC? Is the IC winning? :hook

Hi Tracy! Enable away. ;) After all, yarn is a pretty inexpensive addiction. :lol

DH and I are going to my parents after while. One of my sisters is there from D.C. and we're all going to lunch. Have a great morning. :manyheart

Val ~ 13 more added. :hook What did you decide about your Christmas things vs. the IC? Is the IC winning? :hook

I'm doing both. I'm dividing my time between different projects each day :lol

Mary, can't wait to see the scarves. :hook I am here to enable, it is what I do best. :wink

:lol :lol

Good Morning, all. :)

Hi Tracy! Enable away. ;) After all, yarn is a pretty inexpensive addiction. :lol

DH and I are going to my parents after while. One of my sisters is there from D.C. and we're all going to lunch. Have a great morning. :manyheart

Have a great time with your sister :manyheart

whoo hooo!

managed to complete

40 blue solid

5 sage solid and

3 blue/sage bi colors

so far =)

Excellent job! :h5

I'm up. Don't wanna be up though. Seriously considering going back to bed :lol Santa's almost done :yay Just have to do his coat. The hat, which I thought would be simple, ended up giving me fits :irk But it's done now :hook

:lol :lol

Have a great time with your sister :manyheart

Excellent job! :h5

I'm up. Don't wanna be up though. Seriously considering going back to bed :lol Santa's almost done :yay Just have to do his coat. The hat, which I thought would be simple, ended up giving me fits :irk But it's done now :hook

I can't wait to see more pictures! I agree with the not wanting to be up. But, for me it was worse. I had to go shoe shopping with Mom. I'm not a shopper, especially not with her. She's the typical "Ok I'll get this. Oh wait, but what about these? Or these" and it goes on and on. She bought some at Nordstrom's, we went to Bath and Body and while heading back to Nordstroms to leave, she wanted to stop at another shoe store :rolleyes

whoo hooo!

managed to complete

40 blue solid

5 sage solid and

3 blue/sage bi colors

so far =)

Off to a great start. :clap

I'm doing both. I'm dividing my time between different projects each day :lol

Sounds as though you have a good plan worked out, and that you were quite successful switching projects last night. Sounds as though you deserve a trip to the yarn store after your shopping trip this morning :yes Did you swing into one before returning home??

Your Mrs. Claus is just wonderful, and I hope you will show Santa to us when he is completed. I love all of the projects you make! Hope you are feeling better, today :hug

It's a great Fall day on this end :autumn The girls played out in the leaves for awhile before we decided to carve a couple of jack-o-lanterns to set at the entrance to our driveway. Last year, they were not so sure about scooping out the inside goo, but this year, they dug right in and had fun. The fresh air tuckered them out, and nap time is lasting longer than I expected it would. :wooPlaytime for me :woo

Hope it is a nice weekend on your end.

whoo hooo!

managed to complete

40 blue solid

41 sage solid and

3 blue/sage bi colors

so far =)

updated numbers....possibly will work on this tonight and have enough squares for 1st of 6 sections, then its gonna be fun putting them all together :eek

Val, I'm not much of a shopper either. But when it comes to shoes, DD and I have been known to really go crazy. :blush It sounds like you have a good plan for juggling WIPs. :yes

Cara ~ Can't wait for pictures of Santa. :hook

Hi Dusti! I just love reading your posts. You obviously are a great mom enjoying your little ones.:manyheart

EMedley ~ Wow! Great progress. :hook Can we call you Erin? :)

We had a nice time visiting with family and worked in the yard this evening.

I haven't made a saltine in days ... my hands are shaking.... my knees are rubbery... my head is punding... OH NO---- Saltine withdrawal... I must make some saltines quick...

Hi Shelly. Hurry up and make some! :crocheting Know just how you feel. :lol Have a good night, all. :hug

Ok, I'm really bad! My birthday is next month. I found out DBF headed over to Daytona to attend Biktober Fest (motorcycles) today. I'd much rather be there than working or shoe shopping :lol Anyway, he's been asking what I want for my birthday. After I talked to him, I had a brainstorm! I went and checked, there's a HL in St. Augustine. I don't know how close he is to there, but I told him what street it's on and what the cross street is and said I'd love to try some ILTY :D

What a sweetheart... DBF is gonna go in his leathers and chaps and shop the aisles of HL. Now THAT is true love! :lol:rofl Tell him he could get a vacuum bag and see if he can squish more into his saddle bags... :rofl

Nope, no leather and chaps. He does own chaps, but doesn't usually wear them. He's VERY warm blooded and thought the 30+ degrees and biting wind in DC was comfortable :think

Val, I'm not much of a shopper either. But when it comes to shoes, DD and I have been known to really go crazy. :blush It sounds like you have a good plan for juggling WIPs. :yes

Cara ~ Can't wait for pictures of Santa. :hook

Hi Dusti! I just love reading your posts. You obviously are a great mom enjoying your little ones.:manyheart

EMedley ~ Wow! Great progress. :hook Can we call you Erin? :)

We had a nice time visiting with family and worked in the yard this evening.

Certainly...it is my name and all :yes

Cara, I bet Santa will be just as cool as Mrs. Claus.

I am very thankful to be near yarn stores. I have Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joanns that I go to.. I haven't done any of the specialty shops as I have heard they are pretty pricey. It would be hard to order on line as I LOVE to touch my yarn before I buy it. My husband hates to go shopping with me as I do take a while to pick out exactly what I want.

I haven't worked on any saltines this weekend so far. I have a scraf I need to make. I am using a double ended hook and it is turning out pretty cool. Unfortunitly, I don't like the colors, dark blue and orange (Bronco colors).. but it is a gift.

I hope to get back to my saltines soon.

Michele

okay... so I love granny squares, but these lil things are addictive..

tonight I managed to get a total of 113 saltines out of 144 I need for the first "block" So as long as I don't loose too much interest I should be able to get it done by Christmas. :eek course...I have SEVERAL other gifts to make, time will tell! :clap

Ok, I'm really bad! My birthday is next month. I found out DBF headed over to Daytona to attend Biktober Fest (motorcycles) today. I'd much rather be there than working or shoe shopping :lol Anyway, he's been asking what I want for my birthday. After I talked to him, I had a brainstorm! I went and checked, there's a HL in St. Augustine. I don't know how close he is to there, but I told him what street it's on and what the cross street is and said I'd love to try some ILTY :D

Excellent idea for a b-day giftie :D

What a sweetheart... DBF is gonna go in his leathers and chaps and shop the aisles of HL. Now THAT is true love! :lol:rofl Tell him he could get a vacuum bag and see if he can squish more into his saddle bags... :rofl

You laugh but I swear last week when nephew took me to JoAnns he suddenly says, "Well, that's something you don't see everyday. Bikers going into the craft store." There was a bike rally in town for the fair and there were two of 'em going into JoAnns ahead of us :yes

Here is the scorecard updated Friday, 10/17/08. Please let me know if any changes need to be made or if you'd like to join in! For details, there is a link under my signature. :hook

Mary (Skysmom) 1964

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1754

Karen (econ-nerd) 1588

Dusti (rii698) 1496

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1404

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1307

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1008

Val (Priszm) 771

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Donna (sewnsew) 705

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Denise (denisethorpe) 513

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Heather (hseger) 479

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 236

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) Busy making wonderful creations for the Holidays. :ttalk:santa:2snowman

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Mary wow your nearly there. :yay

tonight I managed to get a total of 113 saltines out of 144 I need for the first "block" So as long as I don't loose too much interest I should be able to get it done by Christmas. :eek course...I have SEVERAL other gifts to make, time will tell! :clap

Hello and welcome. Wow you have made great progress so far. :clap

Oh, I don't laugh, Cara - my family has quite a few bikers in it, and I grew up on a motorcycle. By age of 10 I could sleep on the back of one :eek (I kid you not, it freaked my father right out!). When I was a kid, there wasn't money for leather and other accouterments, but now that they're older, my parents look like the gang has come to town. Libraries, craft stores, CHURCH, all kinds of places are gone to in full leather! : rofl

There's been times we've been out with everyone and I've seen a little craft/yarn store and wanted to stop :lol. I usually have a small backpack purse, and someone always has saddlebags. So I could make it work :D

Hi everyone. :)

Erin, you are doing great! They really are addictive, aren't they? :hook

Krystal, I loved reading your post about your parents. :lol

Hi to those I've missed, too. It's been hectic around here and I haven't had any crochet time in a few days...hope to change that in a little while. :crocheting

:hi Mary, you need to start :crocheting before you get withdrawal symptoms like Shelly did! :eek

I got the Casa out, I stitched together loads of saltines that I had done a while ago, two rows worth. I still have some more left, but they are solids to fit between the bicolours which I will be making now. :hook

Archived