Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

oh my goodness...my mother...yeah

I love her to death but she can be so picky, I guess I see where I get it from sometimes :think

She told me of a few she thought were cool, one being Geometry 101, dunno why?? I thought she would like something more like what I had chosen. Oh well! That one has all solids so that works in my favor!! Im working on it a lil today, Ill let you know my count later :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, so glad you're feeling a little better! :hug After making the turkey, snowman, and Santa and Mrs. Claus you deserve a rest! Your site looks fantastic. :yes

Erin, I hope you find one that your Mom really likes. :)

Hi Wendy! How many GT squares do you need to finish? I love the green color you're using. :yarn

Erin, that sounds like my mom! The shoes she dragged me shopping with her to find? Yeah, they're not gonna work for her. Thankfully I'm not going shoe shopping with her again for another pair!

This is mine so far..

Gorgeous colors!! I love your pattern :manyheart

Mary that is just fantastic :clap can you pm me your address so I can send you some goodies for reaching the big 2000.

I wanted to ask the same thing :yes Will you please PM me?

Erin ~ Did your mom made a decision? I would have been so frustrated, but I am really glad all is not lost. Let's just hope she chooses a quilt-ghan of similar size, or you are going to have to up your saltine count per day, which may get trickier, as Christmas is not getting any further away. Good luck.

Please add 75 solids for me. Erin spurred me to figure out how many saltines I have to make if I want to finish the Double IC by Christmas. I was giving myself until March (when the silent auction at DDs' school is being held), but why let it drag out that long?!? I want to work on so many other projects, that I would love to have it done by Christmas. So, with that in mind, I have to make 13 saltines every day, which is VERY do-able. Yaaay, there is an end in sight! I have also made 3 dishcloths and a set of coasters this week, as I am starting to fill-out Christmas gifts, but my IC is my focus for awhile.

Cara, so glad you're feeling a little better! :hug After making the turkey, snowman, and Santa and Mrs. Claus you deserve a rest! Your site looks fantastic. :yes

Erin, I hope you find one that your Mom really likes. :)

Hi Wendy! How many GT squares do you need to finish? I love the green color you're using. :yarn

The turkey :oops I even got a different yarn to try something different with the tail. I guess that's tomorrow's project :lol

Aw man I messed up! I had on my schedule that I was supposed to work tonight and had last night off. So DBF, a friend of his and I went to the hockey game. I get logged in tonight and nope, I wasn't supposed to work tonight, it was last night I was supposed to work :oops. I only had 3 hours left of unscheduled time off for sick time too. I have more for scheduled time, but only the 3 for unscheduled. I think one of two things happened, they messed up my schedule, since I was scheduled for Saturday, then I wasn't, then I was. Or, since we have a new scheduler that stays where it was when last looked at, I copied down next weeks schedule instead. Not sure though.

oh yes, she named a few she thought would be cool, and I chose one of those, it actually has LESS saltines than the original one I picked, and it has no bi-colors, so its gonna be easy up until the lovely sewing process...Im not good at sewing as I go, I dont like that part so Im VERY easily distracted. I have 132 saltines done and Im pretty sure the pattern calls for 567

Aw man I messed up! I had on my schedule that I was supposed to work tonight and had last night off. So DBF, a friend of his and I went to the hockey game. I get logged in tonight and nope, I wasn't supposed to work tonight, it was last night I was supposed to work :oops. I only had 3 hours left of unscheduled time off for sick time too. I have more for scheduled time, but only the 3 for unscheduled. I think one of two things happened, they messed up my schedule, since I was scheduled for Saturday, then I wasn't, then I was. Or, since we have a new scheduler that stays where it was when last looked at, I copied down next weeks schedule instead. Not sure though.

Oh no! Sure hope you didn't get into trouble :hug

oh yes, she named a few she thought would be cool, and I chose one of those, it actually has LESS saltines than the original one I picked, and it has no bi-colors, so its gonna be easy up until the lovely sewing process...Im not good at sewing as I go, I dont like that part so Im VERY easily distracted. I have 132 saltines done and Im pretty sure the pattern calls for 567

Actually I like the Geo 101 a lot too. I almost didn't wanna give it to my BIL :lol

***Erin ~ Did your mom made a decision? I would have been so frustrated, but I am really glad all is not lost. Let's just hope she chooses a quilt-ghan of similar size, or you are going to have to up your saltine count per day, which may get trickier, as Christmas is not getting any further away. Good luck.

Yes, Geo 101 was one of the ones she liked, so thats what I am going to do now. I only sewed maybe 10 saltines together on the previous one that she didn't like PHEW! Geo 101 also has a couple hundred less squares and it certainly looks big enough for what I had invisioned. She doesn't know its a Christmas gift for her and dad though. SHHHHH! :devil

***Actually I like the Geo 101 a lot too. I almost didn't wanna give it to my BIL :lol

I like it too, its also very unisex so that helps...these are my colors too! Its ILTY and it matches their bedroom pretty darn good.

2964906705_c9a2d8b0fe.jpg?v=0

2965751628_fd5b18cd49.jpg?v=0

Hi Dusti. 75 more added. :hook 13 a day - you can do it. :cheer

Erin ~ Your colors are gorgeous. :yarn

I'm reporting 20 solid squares. :) DH just called and his flight was delayed so he won't get home til midnight instead of 10...don't think I'll be up that late. :lol

k, total tally after tonight is 151 !! :eek All my brown ones are complete, and I almost finished another FBB. Im like a machine or something, but now I gotta frog a few rows of our baby's blanket and redo them. We get to see him via ultrasound tomorrow !! :clap Im excited

Just flying by with my saltine report :D

12 bi colors and 14 solids today. :yay

Mary congrats on the 2000 saltines! I don't think I'll hit that number, course I never really thought I would anyway :lol I just was curious as to how many I make in a year and then this year I haven't had much time to work on them. :lol

Good Morning, ladies. It's 39 degrees here...brrr. But it's supposed to be sunny and in the 60s, which is perfect. :)

Erin ~ Do you want to be added to the Smackdown list? Krystal was the first "referee" and I'm the current one...just let me know for sure. :hook How exciting to get to see the little one today. :c9

Hi Heather! I've added yours - it looks like we'll be here for a long time, so I'll bet you'll make the 2000 mark yet! :yes

Karen, have a safe trip. 37 more added for you. :crocheting

I'm going to vote and run some errands this a.m. Have a great morning. :manyheart

Good Morning, ladies. It's 39 degrees here...brrr. But it's supposed to be sunny and in the 60s, which is perfect. :)

Erin ~ Do you want to be added to the Smackdown list? Krystal was the first "referee" and I'm the current one...just let me know for sure. :hook How exciting to get to see the little one today. :c9

Hi Heather! I've added yours - it looks like we'll be here for a long time, so I'll bet you'll make the 2000 mark yet! :yes

I'm going to vote and run some errands this a.m. Have a great morning. :manyheart

:lol but not if the deadline is the end of the year :lol Have you changed it to no deadline? I may make it then :lol

Sure why not!?

We're very excited, cept, Im not really looking forward to all that water I gotta drink before hand eekkk :D

Erin -here's a tip from someone who's been through A LOT of ultrasounds...

Drink enough water until you're peeing about every 10 minutes, then you can stop. As long as you "feel full", that's enough. For me, I started drinking my water before I left the house, I drank a little at a time as I drove (I live 30 minutes away) and then I was just about ready to pee when I got there. I kept drinking the 15 minutes until they called me, and I was perfectly full. If I had drank more any earlier, I would have peed my pants for the 30 minute trip.

Oh, you just don't tell them you haven't followed instructions completely. :lol

My hubby keeps going

"are you drinking your water.....are you drinking your water"

lol

Ive been sipping on it since I got home at 11:30, and its at 1:30. Im just gonna guzzel some right before hah! Our tech is amazing though, she should get him just fine. I mean the other two times he was pure evil to her and she did great...I just hope its not a fair warning to mommy and daddy!!

:lol but not if the deadline is the end of the year :lol Have you changed it to no deadline? I may make it then :lol

We're not letting you off the hook that easily. :devil Nope, no deadline...I think we set it up to go on as long as there is interest. :yes

ultrasound went well, but lil Alexander didn't really wanna look at us for the 3d image. Hes got some cheeks on him though :D Im kinda scared that hes 5lbs already!! YESH! ps..delivery freaks me out :lol

ultrasound went well, but lil Alexander didn't really wanna look at us for the 3d image. Hes got some cheeks on him though :D Im kinda scared that hes 5lbs already!! YESH! ps..delivery freaks me out :lol

I hear they have good drugs for that though :lol I don't blame you. If that were me, I'd be telling them to knock me out!

I hear they have good drugs for that though :lol I don't blame you. If that were me, I'd be telling them to knock me out!

oh well, Im more so hoping that he doesn't reach that point where we have a planned c-section :( but Im not too worried yet honestly. Its just good to know its not ALL me that weighs that much :P I have it already in our birth plan for me to get drugs during delivery. Some people may wanna bite my head off for this, but I have NOOOOOOO pain tollerence at all and I don't want to be miserable.

I had back labor for all of mine and did the first three au naturel... it was absolutely no picnic, but I had a few contractions without back labor and they weren't all that bad as long as I did relaxation and visualization techniques. The advantage to going natural? I was right as rain as soon as I ate after giving birth. I got up, went pee, felt pretty good aside from needing an ice pack. The fourth time, I had swelling and shivers from the epidural, as well as not being able to get up out of bed for hours afterward. I would say to go prepared to do it naturally - get some self-hypnosis and relaxation CDs/tapes and practice every day (seriously, practice is important). Then, if you need it you can always do the epidural.

Epidurals don't always work, nor do they work well quite often. A fair portion of women have paralysis of one kind or another afterwards for up to months. (More common is a few days) I know of a woman who lost all feeling you-know-where and never got it back as a result of nerve damage.

:eek

Archived