Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job on saltine joining Tracy :clap

I've come back from JoAnns. They have a huge sale going on. I'm am now officially broke :bow:rofl Got some great flowers 60% and a little yarn and bunches of other goodies.

Then went to WalMart for food and stuff and they have tons of yarn on clearance. Didn't buy any though. I asked the lady in the craft department if they were shutting the department down and she said no they were making way for new yarns. So I just had to go look and they have huge 7 oz skeins of Vanna's at WalMart now! :jumpyay:dance:woo

I'm exhausted now though so gonna rest a bit :lol

No birthday yarn from HL for me. DBF said it was further north than where he was at and "I didn't tell him what colors". I told him I didn't care since I've never used it before :lol We did a quick trip to Joann's too. But my trip involved buying some fabric to line a H bag that's a Xmas gift and magnetic closures for my FBB. No yarn today. I stayed away since I don't know where I'd put it all :D

Cara -how much were the 7 oz skeins of Vanna's?

Have you ever tried the Bernat Super Value? I like some of their colors, and it's still softer than RHSS. When it's on sale, I think they're equally priced, too.

The Vanna's was $4.67 which I thought was great. It's regular $2.69 at Michaels for 3.5 oz.

I haven't tried the BSV but I've been eyeballing it of late :yes

Hey, Cara! I just saw the baby nine-patch from your site listed on CPC's baby section:clap

Oh cool!! :yay They've actually been very supportive of the site. I'm very grateful for it :manyheart

That is a great price for Vanna yarn. I will have to check my walmarts to see if they got any in. Last time I was there, they were still clearencing it all out to make room.

No saltines today but I did get one christmas present 100% finished and worked on a few others. I am very tired now. I also made a big dinner for my family as they don't get that very often anymore.

Michele

Oh, I don't laugh, Cara - my family has quite a few bikers in it, and I grew up on a motorcycle. By age of 10 I could sleep on the back of one :eek (I kid you not, it freaked my father right out!). When I was a kid, there wasn't money for leather and other accouterments, but now that they're older, my parents look like the gang has come to town. Libraries, craft stores, CHURCH, all kinds of places are gone to in full leather! : rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

I bet they turned a few heads! Oh and I love your avatar!

Great job on saltine joining Tracy :clap

I've come back from JoAnns. They have a huge sale going on. I'm am now officially broke :bow:rofl Got some great flowers 60% and a little yarn and bunches of other goodies.

Then went to WalMart for food and stuff and they have tons of yarn on clearance. Didn't buy any though. I asked the lady in the craft department if they were shutting the department down and she said no they were making way for new yarns. So I just had to go look and they have huge 7 oz skeins of Vanna's at WalMart now! :jumpyay:dance:woo

I'm exhausted now though so gonna rest a bit :lol

I saw the ad this week for JoAnns! Lots of good coupons!

Oh, did your WalMart clearance out their Caron's Simply Soft to make room for this Vannas? I was just at mine and every single skein of Simply Soft was gone and with clearance stickers on the shelf! :eek If they were to replace this with Vannas I think I could survive but if they are just minimizing the section I think I will cry! :(

Cara -how much were the 7 oz skeins of Vanna's?

Have you ever tried the Bernat Super Value? I like some of their colors, and it's still softer than RHSS. When it's on sale, I think they're equally priced, too.

I just got a HUGE bunch of Bernat Worsted Great Value 7 oz skeins on clearance at Michael's for $2.49 each (reg $4.99) I really like it, great c olors, and much softer than RHSS. I also got some Bernat Berella 4 as a part of a swap recently and I really like it but can someone tell me the difference? :think

I saw the ad this week for JoAnns! Lots of good coupons!

Oh, did your WalMart clearance out their Caron's Simply Soft to make room for this Vannas? I was just at mine and every single skein of Simply Soft was gone and with clearance stickers on the shelf! :eek If they were to replace this with Vannas I think I could survive but if they are just minimizing the section I think I will cry! :(

I don't think Walmart's are making their yarn/craft areas smaller. The Walmart that is closest to me normally has a decent size yarn selection and they clearanced out the CSS a while ago. I haven't been down that aisle since, but the Walmart by DBF normally has a VERY small yarn selection. Even though the store size wise is at least the same size as the one closest to me. And when I was in there on Monday I was very pleasently surprised to see a ton more choices than in the past. They had the new Caron SS Eco, which I don't know about. And seemed to have more RH choices. I don't remember if I saw any Vanna's, it might have been there and I just didn't notice.

Mary, 8 solids please and thank you! I tried for more tonight but my hands started cramping. Stupid hands :lol

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Tracy ~ Yay for making more saltines.:hook

Val, your squares are added, too. So sorry about your hands - I hope they're much better today. :hug

Early morning around here. DH has an early flight and I have to be at the Drs. at 8 for labwork. Have a good morning! :manyheart

Howdy ladies :hi

Running behind today. Have a doctor's appointment at 1:45 which means I have to leave in about 20 minutes. Still feeling lousy and this back pain is getting out of control. I like to save up about three things before I go see her. I want the best bang for that 15 bucks :rofl Drives her nuts though :wink

Still have to work on that santa jacket. Didn't even touch my hook yesterday. Just lazed around. But today when we get back, I've got to get my rear in gear. Plus the house is looking a little untidy. Always does on Monday. Those men make a mess :lol

Cara good luck at the doctors. :hug

Erin great progress. :clap

Krystal my house is very messy and needs cleaning as well. I didnt get to do anything over the weekend.

Shelly I havent made saltines for awhile either, whats wrong with me. I think I have t0omanywips disease. I dont know that there is a cure either. :lol

Shelly I havent made saltines for awhile either, whats wrong with me. I think I have t0omanywips disease. I dont know that there is a cure either. :lol

Let's hope not :lol

Well, it's a sinus infection like I thought. No pneumonia thank goodness. They x-rayed my back and no compression fractures :yay But I now have to go have a bone density test because my x-rays looked "rough" dunno what that means and I just wanted to go by then. Took an hour and a half almost. It never takes that long. Went to the grocery pharmacy and of course they didn't even have my Rx yet :irk So got something for dinner and just came home. BD will have to pick it up later.

So no chores got done. Thank goodness we still have underwear :lol Guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Cara that sounds like my day! Not a whole lot done. Granted, that happened with work. But it's not my fault. My team lead was emailed by a coworker at 10ish this morning asking if he could transfer some stuff to me. I IM'd her at 2 asking for more work to help others. She called me at 4:18 :rolleyes.

Hi ladies. :)

Wendy ~ toomanywips disease is a good thing! :devil

Cara, so sorry about your sinus infection. :hug Feel better soon. Have you finished Santa?

meowy ~ Great progress! :yay

Tracy ~ Your squares are on the list! Are these for the Casa? :think

Labs and my flu shot took about 10 minutes this a.m. and then I thought I'd go vote. The parking lot was a mob scene and the line was out the door...so I decided to go back another day. :lol This evening is reserved for crocheting. :hook

Please add 50 solids for me. Thank you. I crocheted while the youngest was in school this afternoon. It was very pleasant to sit in the car with the heat from the sunshine warming the interior. I wonder if I can crochet in gloves this winter...:think I know I'll give it a try some afternoons :P

Cara, so sorry about your sinus infection. :hug Feel better soon. Have you finished Santa?

No haven't finished him yet :blush My whole day wasted with the doctor. Got my flu shot too and it hurts :( Her nurse is rough :lol I also wanted to go vote this afternoon but I couldn't find somewhere in town. Only place I know of it way out in the 'burbs and I was in no mood to go out that far. Maybe my sister will be off tomorrow and we can go then.

Cara, when I get my flu shot my arm always hurts afterwards...ice it down if you can. Relax for the night now:hug

I don't think we have early voting in NJ - unless you count absentee voting....

Archived