Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary~I'm just to rest & adjust to my meds. This one is a doozy, my whole face is numb & tingly today. :eek

I too wanted to do the ducky, it is one of my faves of the cuddles but the "blackhole" has sucked me into alot of CALS already. :lol :lol

Dear blackhole,

I mean no harm by that. It's all in fun & I truly do love your CALS. :manyheart And you. :hug

Leslie~Oh dear, I sure hope you feel better soon. Rest up. :manyheart

Hi Tabby ~ I missed your posts. :blush Yep, I'm glad it's over, too! I hope you're able to have at least a little time to rest and crochet while the boys are out of school. :hug Have fun with your projects...you know I lurk on the other CALs and they all sound like fun. :yes

Hi Mary. I'm glad someone else is glad it is over, I thought I sounded like a scrooge. :lol I'm sure with all there new gadgets & toys I should get some time or atleast I hope. :sigh They have been really good today so lets just hope the newness doesn't wear off anytime soon. :lol Anywhoo, have a good day & I hope you get some relaxation time in for yourself too. :crocheting

I too wanted to do the ducky, it is one of my faves of the cuddles but the "blackhole" has sucked me into alot of CALS already. :lol :lol

Dear blackhole,

I mean no harm by that. It's all in fun & I truly do love your CALS. :manyheart And you. :hug

Now WHY is it that when i read that, I knew exactly WHO you meant by "blackhole"? :lol:rofl

Got to go find my floor again. Grandma & Grandpa are coming over to see the rest of the kids' presents for lunch.

I must be crazy because my house was clean 10 minutes after christmas was over. NO LIE! I had a garbage bag in one hand & my camera in the other. My kids have been taught since day one that there toys have been brought straight to there rooms straight from there & a garbage bag for when they open packages. My sister says i'm brutal. :lol I must be. :shrug I just think it gives us more room to play & less stress of the clean up. :manyheart Plus we have a tiny apt. with a small 2 chair table so we have a big blanket picnic ham dinner on the livingroom floor. No family comes just us so thats been tradition. Sounds ghetto I know but thats how we roll. 36_9_41.gif

Although if we had a big house it probably wouldn't be because I wouldn't care because i'de go in the other room & be blind to it. :lol Let em have at it.

We went for our Xmas morning to the grandparents, so no time to do the clean-up crew. It was a free-for-all yesterday Morning. I DID do the garbage bag thing at Mom's house so I could pack it all away right away to get it all home.

Found my desk this morning, now to go run the vacuum.

Don't feel bad Tab. I do the garbage bag and stack all your gifts, people thing at my MILs house! :lol And I lead the clean up after dinner crew. I love my MIL but she can be lax about that sort of thing. I woke up the day after our very first Christmas and the dinner dishes were all still there. Not even rinsed. DHs family obviously never learned about rinsing plates. :rolleyes I rolled up my sleeves and cleaned that kitchen spotless. My MIL was in tears with gratitude and it's kinda turned into one of my gifts to her. Of course, I have now conscripted my SIL and her mom into helping :heehee

I'm glad Christmas is over too :yes Now I can go shopping at the clearance sales! Of course I woke up quite ill today but I'm going anyway. :yes

Okay, i'm glad i'm not the only clean up crew gal. ;)

Cara~I wish I could hit the stores but we are pinching pennies until payday. I think the 4 kiddos have something to do with that here though & you had nerve to mention a dozen. GRRR!!!!!! :lol

No, no. Not a dozen and half dozen :lol :lol I should pinch my pennies, too but I just hate to see them cry :D

I'm in the "glad it's over for another year" crew, too. And we do the garbage bag thing, too. John left this morning to go deer hunting one more time before the season ends. Kim's mom is here and we're just doing the gals week thing. Lots of left overs to munch on.

Cara, I was a little jealous of your haul of yarn from BIL and SIL, but not any more. Kim's mom gifted me with a whole bag of yarn for Christmas. She picked up a whole bunch of expensive Italian yarns and other fun stuff that I don't even look at because of the price. On sale, but still expensive. So I'm in my own little heaven of yarn.

I pulled out an unfinished counted cross-stitch project and worked on it a little bit this morning. Finally just took off my glasses so I could see what I was doing. Now I remember why it was put away. :lol :lol :lol

Cara, I was a little jealous of your haul of yarn from BIL and SIL, but not any more. Kim's mom gifted me with a whole bag of yarn for Christmas. She picked up a whole bunch of expensive Italian yarns and other fun stuff that I don't even look at because of the price. On sale, but still expensive. So I'm in my own little heaven of yarn.

Well heaven knows you deserve it :manyheart Hooray for Kim's mom!! :jumpyay

Thank you all. :hug

Wendy, I am in the process of finishing up the pattern for Mr. Rooster and will be sending it to Cara at the HYH site. Should be ready in another day or two. Also want to take a couple more pictures of it so the border shows up better. Today's the first time we've had any sun in a week, it's been gradually clearing all day. So tomorrow should be a good picture taking day.:)

I'm with the rest of the gang who is glad the holiday is over--- good to have life back to plain old boring and normal .

Linda- wow, you got a pile of nice yarn too, from the sounds of it-- do you already have figured out what you'll do with it ?

Tab- It's ok, I don't mind it a bit when you call me the BlackHole -- I know you're just joshing -- I actually think it's funny that you always say you aint gonna sign up for any more of my CAL's, but yet you sign up for every one .

Then I say I aint gonna start anymore projects, and I start 13 more .

We make a good team, don't we ?

Good morning, Jules!

Christmas is over, now we have to get past all the Happy New Year stuff with its "year in retrospective" junk.

There goes the scrooge in me popping out again!!:eek

Judy- yep, that's true, we have one more holiday to go, but we pretty much ignore it as far as doing anything different than usual . We have never been the party types, so it's just another day .

I DO kinda like this time of year though, because you always feel like it's a fresh start when you hit Jan 1st-- a time for new ideas or to change bad habits, etc .

Judy- yep, that's true, we have one more holiday to go, but we pretty much ignore it as far as doing anything different than usual . We have never been the party types, so it's just another day .

I DO kinda like this time of year though, because you always feel like it's a fresh start when you hit Jan 1st-- a time for new ideas or to change bad habits, etc .

That's exactly how we treat this time of year...to include going over last year's expenses, seeing if there are any differences and what we can do to change things. I collate all our tax records (my FIL's, too), and everything does feel brand new. It's a good feeling...a time of year when you think anything is possible.

I AM a "glass half-full" kind of person...:D

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Got a few charts in mind, some half done, some that need tweaking but they'll get there. Probably about a week I'd say. I'd like to have a newsletter ready to go on the 1st....oh dear did I say that out loud? :lol

Julie - Yep, not the party type here either. I rarely even stay awake til midnight. I would however like to just once not start the new year with a cold :irk I've a few days to kick this one and I have hope :D

Judy - Yep, I do all that financial stuff the week after Thanksgiving because that's when BDs "open season" as they call it at work. Let's see this year I made him up his life insurance (man, is he nervous :lol) and join the retirement plan. He wasn't happy about that one but he's almost 40 now. Way past where he should've had his IRA in place. I've let him slide but he's a big boy now :lol

Finishing up nephew's neck roll pillow today and I've got to get my Groovy project going. If I can get that taken care of today my other 2 WIPs are "when I get to them" type projects. Then I can concentrate on the site without these two poking at the back of my brain :lol

Tab- It's ok, I don't mind it a bit when you call me the BlackHole -- I know you're just joshing -- I actually think it's funny that you always say you aint gonna sign up for any more of my CAL's, but yet you sign up for every one .

Yeah, you're the blackhole & i'm the stalker. :lol The problem is I really couldn't see my day fun without you. :hug

Uh-Oh, i'm getting mushy where is Krystal? :P:lol

Good morning, Julie and Judy. I have no ideas on what to make with my new yarn, at least nothing firm. Other than finishing LotL (I've got 50 more aran squares to go and a bunch of other colors), I'm going to make things for me for a while. Or at least for people who appreciate them. I'm planning a puppy cuddleghan for the local humane society for their fund raiser next fall. May try making up a bunch of patterns. Not sure of what yet.:)

The RRs that went to most of my family bombed. Oh, well. They were made with love and given in love. I have no control over how they're received or used. Disappointing, though. :sigh Sigh. I must say it is pretty typical of my family. It's one reason I love the support I get here.

DD loved hers. Kim's mom has already put hers to use.

Archived