Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Linda - UH! How could they not love those beautiful RRs? That's it! Next year they get coal! :grump We truly appreciate your work around here :yes You are an incredibly talented lady and we're honored you share your work with us :manyheart

Tabby - Morning sweetie :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning all. Everyone sounds like they survived Christmas. ;) I felt horrible yesterday, even fell asleep making squares. :lol Then I fell asleep watching Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp last night and slept until 8 this a.m. Much better today! The tree and decorations can stay up a couple more days.

Linda, do some of your relatives live in Iowa? I have several cousins who own big farms and two of them were state wrestling champions in college...would you like me to ask them to visit your family? :devil

DD is having a big New Year's Eve party - they already know we won't stay til midnight. :D

Linda, do some of your relatives live in Iowa? I have several cousins who own big farms and two of them were state wrestling champions in college...would you like me to ask them to visit your family? :devil

It's official....we've corrupted Mary :devil

Yeah, you're the blackhole & i'm the stalker. :lol The problem is I really couldn't see my day fun without you. :hug

Uh-Oh, i'm getting mushy where is Krystal? :P:lol

I'm here, buried in the laundry room under a pile of dirty clothes. Nothing you say can touch me today - I'm covered! LOL!

:ty I like being "official" now! :lol

Isn't it "certifiable"? :lol

Cara- my mom alwasy says whatever you're doing at midnight when the new year starts is what you'll be doing all year long. I am always sleeping, so that pretty much sums up my life !

Tab- thanks, ole buddy, ole pal --- I appreciate all your nice comments alot and same back atcha .

Mary- we have finally corrupted you .Your hubster will skin us alive if he ever gets the chance .

Linda- I'm sorry your gifts got such poor reception. Next year -- how about ....nothing ? What they deserve .

My dad thanked me for the snowflake afghan, but my mom never even mentioned it. As I said, she thinks it's a stupid waste of time to knit or crochet.

Krystal- claw your way out of that laundry and take a break .

Thanks, Mary. Yeah, my Mom, one brother, and a niece and a nephew all live in Iowa, but I don't think a visit would change their minds any. I think I'll just stick to gift cards next year. If this didn't work, I can't think of anything that would.

My DD lives in Iowa, too, but she appreciates my stuff, so doesn't need a visit.

I had a check up with the doctor this morning. Went well for the most part, but my blood sugars were up again. I have to start taking a little Insulin in the evenings now. It's a little dose, so hopefully that will do the trick. We'll see how I do in three months.

Krystal, I know you made the Dragonflies afghan and it was so pretty. I've had that book for a year or so and am finally going to make it. Any tips, hints, etc. would be much appreciated. I think I'll get the yarn today or tomorrow. :yarn

Linda, after years and years of making/buying gifts for large families, we finally started drawing names and it is so much easier. DH's family never even let us know if they received their gifts, let alone a thank you. :( Good luck with the blood sugar levels. :hug

Hi to everyone I've missed...off to the store and maybe HL, too!

Hi everyone,

Linda Im so sorry that your family didnt appreciate your round ripples. They were absolutely beautiful and you spent so much time on them. All the best with the blood sugar levels. My grandma is 86 and has been a diabetic for 30 years now and only just now has to start taking insulin if her sugar level goes over a certain number.

Its sad how some people just dont appreciate things that we make. I know my sister wouldnt. I remember all the knitted stuff my mum made for her baby and we never saw her baby wear any of it.

Mary I like the dragonflies ghan, good luck with it. I must get that book before you cant get it anymore.

Hi, Wendy. Mom just called again. This time it sounded like she did like the RR, although she and one of my brothers traded because they thought the color schemes worked better in their homes. According to Mom, Elaine was already wearing the crocheted collars I made her. And Bonnie had curled up in Mom's RR while they were there. Mom is the only one who's said anything, so it's kind of hard to tell where I and my gifts stand.

Linda, those unappreciative relatives of yours would get zero from me in the future. Nadda...

Maybe just do Project Linus, or prayer shawls?? Now THOSE places appreciate the work we do. And in my family I don't hold my breath for any acknowledgement of gifts I sent...

Krystal- claw your way out of that laundry and take a break .

Well, I worked my way out of it, but I did make it out!

Krystal, I know you made the Dragonflies afghan and it was so pretty. I've had that book for a year or so and am finally going to make it. Any tips, hints, etc. would be much appreciated. I think I'll get the yarn today or tomorrow. :yarn

My advice? Make all the dragonfly bodies at once. They're the pain in the patoot. You might have to bump up a hook for the variegated, as they tend to be thinner. The pattern is written really well, though.

Linda, those unappreciative relatives of yours would get zero from me in the future. Nadda...

Maybe just do Project Linus, or prayer shawls?? Now THOSE places appreciate the work we do. And in my family I don't hold my breath for any acknowledgement of gifts I sent...

Did you see the thank-you I got from Roswell? If not, check out my charity blog - it was beautiful!

Hi, wow, they are so neat. I have never seen these or heard of croquilts. I love this and will be starting the ducky soon, but I must move first and get settled in. My sons girlfriend is expecting a baby in late April or early May, and want to make this for the new baby. I am so excited bout being a grandma, again...Marjie

Krystal, what a beautiful thank you. You're right. It's nice to be appreciated.

Marjie, Welcome!!! :welcome

I've been working on my 3SURR this afternoon and evening. Just completed the 27th row. It's getting there, but since it's for me, I'm making it bigger than most of the ones I gave away at Christmas. Not sure how much bigger, but several more rows at least. :lol :lol :lol

Good morning, everyone! I've missed this board terribly over the holidays, but I believe I'm finally almost back to being able to manage everything around here! With all my holiday crafting over, I only have a couple things to finish up and then it's back to MY quilt-ghan. Along with the rest of you, I will admit, I'm glad it's all finally over. Way too much stress this year! But the holiday turned out nice, anyway.

I'm trying to catch up on all the posts I've missed out on in the last couple weeks. That's not as easy on this thread as it is others! We talk a lot! :lol

I love reading it all, though. You guys always make me smile. :hug

Krystal, if I joined another crochet-a-long as friendly as this one, I'd NEVER get anything done! It's hard enough to be a responsible adult knowing you all are on this one hanging out! I can't imagine having another one to distract me! lol

Archived