Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

From the following site ---> http://www.herbal-home-remedies.org/remedies/colds-flu.htm

Healing Power of Onion

The onion is also a popular natural remedy to relieve colds. Here are some ways in which the onion is used..

• Cut an onion in half and place one half on each side of your bed so you can inhale the scent as you sleep.
  • Eat a whole onion before bedtime in order to break up the cold overnight.
  • Dip a slice of raw onion in a glass of hot water. After a few seconds, remove the onion and, when the water cools, start sipping it. Continue to do so throughout the day.
  • If you like your onions fried, take the hot fried onions, put them in a flannel or woolen cloth and bind them on your chest overnight.
  • Put slices of raw onion on the soles of your feet, and hold the slices in place with woolen socks. Leave them that way overnight to draw out infection and fever.

interesting I'll have to try some of these the next time I get a cold

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks alaina! I knew there must be somewere on the net to find that info. I couldnn't imagine eating a whole onion before going to bed. I couldn't sleep for the awful heartburn I would have!!! :) but might have to try the cut onion. I think my friends mom made cuts along the top of each peice to let out more of the sent.

The onion thing is very interesting. Can't do that though. We have cats. Onions are toxic to cats :( I'm actually doing a lot better. The junk is thinner. It's just the cough that's bugging me the most. That's even finally calmed down some and I got a couple hours sleep. I'm just amazed at the well wishes :manyheart BD ain't interested in listening to me whine :D:lol

That's interesting on the onions. We had a neighbor when I was growing up who ate raw onions the way you'd eat an apple and he never seemed to get colds. Maybe that's why.

Rosie and John are home from Colorado and we gave them Mr. Rooster this afternoon. They were thrilled with it! Rosie said she had had a terrible time not asking me to make her one. John's remark was that now he finally has something nice and warm to snuggle under when he's napping on the couch. :lol

That's interesting on the onions. We had a neighbor when I was growing up who ate raw onions the way you'd eat an apple and he never seemed to get colds. Maybe that's why.

Rosie and John are home from Colorado and we gave them Mr. Rooster this afternoon. They were thrilled with it! Rosie said she had had a terrible time not asking me to make her one. John's remark was that now he finally has something nice and warm to snuggle under when he's napping on the couch. :lol

Well that worked out just great :jumpyay I'm so thrilled that Rosie like it. :manyheart Was the look on her face priceless? I bet it was :yes

Cara I didnt know that onions were toxic to cats. Wow Im learning lots of stuff today.

Its amazing that when your sick no one seems to notice but when the guys are sick its like they are dying.

Linda Im glad they liked Mr Rooster. You did a great job on it. What are you doing now?

Cara I didnt know that onions were toxic to cats. Wow Im learning lots of stuff today.

Its amazing that when your sick no one seems to notice but when the guys are sick its like they are dying.

Yeah tell me about it :lol And yes, the vet told me that last time we had Tuon in to keep them out of them. She likes them so I have to keep them out of her reach now which is difficult with a cat that can jump :lol

Cara I would have thought with the smell of the onion that they wouldnt go near it anyway. We dont keep onions on the counter anywhere anyway as we normally buy freezer packed onions so we have them on hand when we need them. Ok just thought of something, we sometimes make spaghetti bol and that has onions in it and we usually give the cats some on a plate, I guess that is a no no now.

Linda, that is so neat that you pulled off the surprise for Rosie. :yes

Cara ~ I hope your cold is on the mend! I just saw your tote on the Groove CAL and it's absolutely wonderful. :crocheting

Wendy, Coco is adorable. Isn't it amazing that so many of us have cats with all the yarn we have? Zoe is still not to be trusted...but I love her. :D

If it was anyone but DD and her DH having a party, we'd be home by the fire tonight. I know it will be fun, but we never stay up til midnight. :eek

Happy New Year to all of you! :manyheart

Wendy, Coco is adorable. Isn't it amazing that so many of us have cats with all the yarn we have? Zoe is still not to be trusted...but I love her. :D

If it was anyone but DD and her DH having a party, we'd be home by the fire tonight. I know it will be fun, but we never stay up til midnight. :eek

Happy New Year to all of you! :manyheart

Yes my cats just love to lay on my projects, they dont play with the yarn though unlike my mum's cat who will run off with a skein in his mouth and you have to chase him around the room to get it back.:lol

Have fun at your DD's party:hug

Wendy - Wanna trade for Tuon? :lol She runs off with yarn and hooks! Misa ignores it though so maybe Tuon will outgrow it :lol

Mary - Have a wonderful time with DD and SIL this evening :hug Be careful out there :hug

Okay Wendy you said you wanted to do another 2000 itty bitty squares. Ready for this monster? I might have to make this one myself. It's right up my alley :yes

OH MY GOODNESS:yay I just love it.

Are we all making this one, thats fantastic.

Im already thinking of colors :lol.

Cara whats this one called. Way to go great looking pattern.:clap

Rosie and John were delighted and so am I.

We're staying home this evening. I did pick up some popcorn and sparkling grape juice and chip dip for later.

Have a good time, Mary.

Cara, that is a beautiful pattern. WOW!!!!

Coco is adorable, Wendy.

Archived