Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Okie dokie gals....you're always the first to see....the home page has been updated and there are 3 other new charts if anyone's interested :D

wow!!!

Beautiful patterns...LOVE Becky's Blocks!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tab- it's ok, I really was just joking. If you don't want to do one now, that's just fine. Just messing with you a little bit .

Judy- I liked the Becky's Blocks, too, in fact, I just started it this morning ! It is very pretty and goes quickly .

I seem to be going for the simpler patterns here lately that don't involve weaving in billions of ends or sewing together billions of pieces .

Oh man I really want to make the Desert Star. It will have to wait I think. I think I would like to try to get it at least started this year sometime though. I already have my color scheme picked out :yes:lol I've been thinking of it since I first saw it.

Cara

Just a small question for you

This is the colors for the desert star

65 oz Medium Brown worsted weight yarn

23 oz Dark Sage Red worsted weight yarn

22 oz Carrot worsted weight yarn

32 oz Linen worsted weight yarn

I have never seen this color before....what brand is it and where would i get it..

I promise im not doing it yet,so don't shoot me....im sticking to my....well ok im tiring to but i had to start that dang circles in squares,and it was before midnight so i think i was safe???

Dark Sage Red? Hmmm, and to think I didn't do any drinking yesterday :lol It's just supposed to say Dark Sage...lemme run fix that :blush

Happy New Year! I loved reading all of the posts since last night...and seeing Cara's new patterns. :hook I like all of them (of course :lol), but really like the Argylesque.

We had a lot of fun at the party and actually stayed til after 11, which is late for us. Going to do some house stuff and then cook black-eyed peas and cornbread later.

Julie~Well, don't be joking now. I drew up the pattern (still don't have ink)& have the yarn sitting next to the couch. :lol I have decided on orchid, pale plum, dusty teal, lt. raspberry & white. And my dear you already did send me most of those colors. :D I was going to use cornmeal instead of the lt. raspberry but I only had half of a skein so phooey on it. Maybe i'll slip it into a round on the border or something. Anywhoo, squares will get started today. And i'm going to join that first block I made on my groovy ghan. :hook

Have you chosen colors for yours? :devil:yarn

Okay Wendy you said you wanted to do another 2000 itty bitty squares. Ready for this monster? I might have to make this one myself. It's right up my alley :yes

----------

Cara, it's really beautiful! I don't know if I can bring myself to make a gazillion and a half little squares, but it sure is nice.

Oh, and my allergies are out of control. I've been miserable especially the last few days. I've gone through so much kleenex the past few days...

Tabby, I had to look back at posts...you're doing the Spinning Wheels? Your colors sound great. :yes

Thank you Mary. Yes, although if you read back my arm was twisted a bit okay ALOT. :lol

I'm still waiting to hear from someone on what she's doing...........45.gif

Tab-

I feel like we're playing a dangerous game of chess here --- what move to make next ? You blocked me in, so i have to make the next move ....

ALRIGHT ... I'll make one too .

Want me to send you some cornmeal ?

mumble...mumble......mumble......black hole... yea right ......:no

Cara- I had another wee little question abut the Becky Blocks--- after the first row, it doesnt say to chain one at the end -- is it supposed to read like that ? I know all other rows say chain one at the end .

Thanks -

Yes, you should ch 1. I'll go fix that too :D Thanks ladies. I'd be a mess without y'alls backup :manyheart

----------

Cara, it's really beautiful! I don't know if I can bring myself to make a gazillion and a half little squares, but it sure is nice.

Oh, and my allergies are out of control. I've been miserable especially the last few days. I've gone through so much kleenex the past few days...

You and me both :sick Much better congestion-wise today but I'm sneezing my head off :P

How did I talk you into anything? Should we go back & read these posts missy? Should we? I doubt you want me to start re-quoting anything. :P Your title totally suits you. :lol I'm completely down with the Becky blocks too if that's what your working on already but don't try to twist my arm all day on one & then start on another. GEEZE LOUISE! What to do with you? :bang Lemme go look at the dang Becky blocks & see what the yarn requirements are.

Somehow I think this should be someone else's fault, what do ya think? :devil

Mary- yep, gotta do some re-shuffling here ,but I have started the blocks one ---in Turqua,black and probably purple.

No clue yet what colors to use for the Tabby-ghan ( that's my name for it, since she talked ME into it )

How did I talk you into anything? Should we go back & read these posts missy? Should we? I doubt you want me to start re-quoting anything. :P Your title totally suits you. :lol I'm completely down with the Becky blocks too if that's what your working on already but don't try to twist my arm all day on one & then start on another. GEEZE LOUISE! What to do with you? :bang Lemme go look at the dang Becky blocks & see what the yarn requirements are.

Somehow I think this should be someone else's fault, what do ya think? :devil

:lol :lol Yay - That's the Julie and Tabby we know and love!

I sure did think about it. :lol

You for your patterns or Wendy for mentioning this whole idea. :tryme

You all just have it out for me. :cry Just admit it. :sigh

There, there :hug Yes, do have it in for you but we mean it in the nicest way possible :D

Julie~Well, don't be joking now. I drew up the pattern (still don't have ink)& have the yarn sitting next to the couch. :lol I have decided on orchid, pale plum, dusty teal, lt. raspberry & white. And my dear you already did send me most of those colors. :D I was going to use cornmeal instead of the lt. raspberry but I only had half of a skein so phooey on it. Maybe i'll slip it into a round on the border or something. Anywhoo, squares will get started today. And i'm going to join that first block I made on my groovy ghan. :hook

Have you chosen colors for yours? :devil:yarn

Tabby, There is always the TLC color "Butter", and I seem to remember you might have received a few skeins at one time... :hook

Archived