Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tabby, good for you for standing up for yourself! :D (Did I get this started when I asked about your resolution under your sig.? Oops! :lol )

Oh yeah, laugh it up innocent Mary. Laugh it up. Not so innocent after all are ya? Where are your horns hiding? Under your hair? :lol:P

swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'

:tryme

Well, will this place never cease to amaze me ?

We have MARY being the instigator of this whole thing ! Pretty funny !!!

Tab- it's ok, we're just picking at you ... we don;t mean anything by it..Come on, step into the knitwits and get groovin on your other project .

I am trying to keep myself busy -- keeps my mind off LIFE if I have lots to do in here .

But if you honestly aren't interested in either of the new groups, I have another one swirling -- I just can't seem to get the whole picture clear in my head just yet ... but it's in there wanting out .

:faint

Oh yeah, laugh it up innocent Mary. Laugh it up. Not so innocent after all are ya? Where are your horns hiding? Under your hair? :lol:P

Nope, my hair is really short and they only show up once in a great while. :devil (Something about this place...;))

Good Morning, all. Happy New Year to Wendy! I'm planning on staying in and being lazy until it's time to get ready for DD's party. Translation - crochet and watch TV. :crocheting

Cara, I hope you're feeling better today. :manyheart

Thanks y'all :hug Was feeling better til the coughing jag I just had :P I think if the cough would die I could handle it. Can't in the doctor's today :no

That just stinks & they'll be closed tomorrow. Oh phooey. Rub on some vicks & suck on some halls & get some rest but in a recliner not laying down. Just feel better, we can't have you feeling all yucky. :(

:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

That just stinks & they'll be closed tomorrow. Oh phooey. Rub on some vicks & suck on some halls & get some rest but in a recliner not laying down. Just feel better, we can't have you feeling all yucky. :(

:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Yep, I'm slathered with Vicks, taken Dextromethorphan (or however you spell it) and I even took Vicodin for the codeine effect. I usually stay away from the Vicodin unless I really need it but it does usually help with a cough. Dunno what else to do except maybe the Halls but man those things burn and make my eyes water :eek

Yeah, I understand. What about other cough drops that aren't so potent like *singing* ricola. :lol Sorry had to. Or ludens or even simple lemon drops? There has to be something. The only problem is, that if it is a real problem & not just a "cough" nothing will fix it. Will the Dr. call you something in knowing you have had the problem before? Probably not, right? Dang Dr.'s. GRRR! I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. It hit me, what about an expectorant cough medicine? To get that junk out of your chest. Just an idea, not a Dr. :):hug

Yeah, I understand. What about other cough drops that aren't so potent like *singing* ricola. :lol Sorry had to. Or ludens or even simple lemon drops? There has to be something. The only problem is, that if it is a real problem & not just a "cough" nothing will fix it. Will the Dr. call you something in knowing you have had the problem before? Probably not, right? Dang Dr.'s. GRRR! I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. It hit me, what about an expectorant cough medicine? To get that junk out of your chest. Just an idea, not a Dr. :):hug

The medicine I'm taking has tylenol, a decongestant, cough medicine (the dextrowhatever) and guaifenasin (geez, why don't they use english) for the chest gunk.

Actually, the cinnamon roll helped. I'm kinda surprised. I was just kidding around :lol Wonder if peppermints would help :scrachin I got lots of those in my stocking :yes

And it's the stupid on-call doctor. My doctor is on vacation til Wednesday...of course. She has to call me then anyway because I already called because I need her to fill out new paperwork for my handicap plates so I'll mention this. Sometimes she just calls me in medicine since I have a hard time getting there. She's good about trying meds and then if they don't work I promise to go in like a good girl :yes

I hate that, Doa's is too but she switched her office & he has bipolar so no one will touch him with a ten foot pole. So he has to wait until Wed. too. Geesh, Doctor's they have it made. :lol I'm glad the cinnamon thingy worked & they actually say that works to calm the tummy too so it doesn't surprise me. Take it easy & I hope you feel better soon. :hug:manyheart:hug

Wonder if cinnamon rolls work like Halls? :think They're pretty potent. I'll try it...purely in the name of science, you understand :D

Absolutely! :lol:rofl:yes

The medicine I'm taking has tylenol, a decongestant, cough medicine (the dextrowhatever) and guaifenasin (geez, why don't they use english) for the chest gunk.

Actually, the cinnamon roll helped. I'm kinda surprised. I was just kidding around :lol Wonder if peppermints would help :scrachin I got lots of those in my stocking :yes

Peppermints should help. You can also try a pot of steaming salt water, put a towel over your head and just breathe in (don't burn yourself - be careful!). You can suck some deep in through your nose and also innto your chest. It helps!

Also, make sure you're drinking PLENTY of water. Honey is supposed to help coughs, but I'm not sure if it has to be natural honey or the refined junk from the store will work as well. Lemon tea is good. We used to make lemon tea, add honey and a shot of whiskey. That would work really well, too. You can use lemonade if no lemon tea.

I highly recommend Halls Breezers. They work surprisingly well. They have Pectin instead of Menthol and come in a variety of really good flavors. I especially like the Berry although the Tropical isn't too bad either.

Oh I forgot all about those! My sister loves those. Her MIL is the sample lady at the grocery store and she was demoing those a couple weeks ago and my sister swears by them. Thanks for reminding me hon :hug

There's Krystal! I knew she'd have info :manyheart Can't have honey I'm allergic to bees :( But I do have lemonaid and a pot for hot water. I've been really pushing fluids the last two days. Think I'm about to float away :lol But it's helping. I actually feel better than I have for several days. It's just this stupid cough that won't go away :irk But it seems under control for the moment anyway.

And if all else completely fails I'll try my parents solution to colds.......hottest bowl of chili you can stand and a shot of peppermint schnapps. :lol Actually I'll leave the schnapps out it makes me sick :yuck But the chili can't hurt :drool

Cara- stand in a steamy shower-- that will help loosen up your chest too .

Krystal- now we have the answer - Whiskey. And you said you took it for medicinal purposes -- for shame, just admit you like a good slug of it every 20 minutes or so .

It's amazing how many of us now have LADY Dr's . Maybe the rest of you don't think it's odd, but we had very few lady doctors in our area til maybe a year or 2 ago . We either had to go to men or none at all .

Cara- stand in a steamy shower-- that will help loosen up your chest too .

Krystal- now we have the answer - Whiskey. And you said you took it for medicinal purposes -- for shame, just admit you like a good slug of it every 20 minutes or so .

It's amazing how many of us now have LADY Dr's . Maybe the rest of you don't think it's odd, but we had very few lady doctors in our area til maybe a year or 2 ago . We either had to go to men or none at all .

Yep, that was the norm around here too but about 10 years ago there was an influx of ladies docs and it's great because they're easier to talk to. Of course, they seem to be a bit rougher on you too. They know when you're just whining :D

Think it's about time for me to have a nap though. Only have about 3 hrs sleep last night and I've been up since 4 a.m. My sleep schedule's gonna be all shot to pieces and BD goes back to work on Wednesday. I love it when he's on vacation though because I can go on the "baby sleep schedule". You know, *sleep a few hours, get up to eat and see what's going on, repeat from * :lol

Cara- yep, know what you mean- Sam has been home for a LONG time now-- geez, i can;t even remember what day he first took off, but he had so much leftover vacation ,he had to use it or lose it . He goes back Wed too. He doesnt bother me, but I'm like you -- i want my space back so I can do what I want when I want and nobody pays a bit of attention .

I have 2 lady doctors and they are both opposites- one is the nicest lady I have ever met and lets me whine all I want and actually babies me since she knows I am terrified of doctors .

The other is the exact opposite- tough as nails and no nonsense . I like her a lot though because there's no bull with her- she tells you like it is, like it or not .

So they make a nice mixture .

The other is the exact opposite- tough as nails and no nonsense . I like her a lot though because there's no bull with her- she tells you like it is, like it or not .

This would describe mine :lol All the rest are guys and they panic when women whine. I bet they're the kind that can't stand to see their wives cry, too :P

Wait a minute. I was gonna go lay down. Dadnabit....distracted by shiny objects again :lol At least I got one whole pattern put down for the site update :tup

Also four new charts thank you very much. I may sound like a sea lion with all this barking cough but at least I've been productive somehow :wink

Now I'm really going to lie down....soon as I see what Donna just posted on the Sky CAL notice that just landed in my email

Hey all..happened to drop in to read a few posts in here to see what everyone was working on. I will be joining in the cal sometime in the future with the wedding rings quiltghan. I see cara has a cold...I hope you are feeling better soon. Those coughs can be the worse. Drink anything warm that seems to help me. I heard quite awhile ago, that one home remidy was to cut up an onion and put it on a plate in the room when you nap. I think you are supposed to do something else to the onion too but I can't remember. The gal that told me said that her mom used to do this with her daycare kids when they would all start coming down with colds and it would work. Anyone else heard of this?

Hey all..happened to drop in to read a few posts in here to see what everyone was working on. I will be joining in the cal sometime in the future with the wedding rings quiltghan. I see cara has a cold...I hope you are feeling better soon. Those coughs can be the worse. Drink anything warm that seems to help me. I heard quite awhile ago, that one home remidy was to cut up an onion and put it on a plate in the room when you nap. I think you are supposed to do something else to the onion too but I can't remember. The gal that told me said that her mom used to do this with her daycare kids when they would all start coming down with colds and it would work. Anyone else heard of this?

From the following site ---> http://www.herbal-home-remedies.org/remedies/colds-flu.htm

Healing Power of Onion

The onion is also a popular natural remedy to relieve colds. Here are some ways in which the onion is used..

• Cut an onion in half and place one half on each side of your bed so you can inhale the scent as you sleep.
  • Eat a whole onion before bedtime in order to break up the cold overnight.
  • Dip a slice of raw onion in a glass of hot water. After a few seconds, remove the onion and, when the water cools, start sipping it. Continue to do so throughout the day.
  • If you like your onions fried, take the hot fried onions, put them in a flannel or woolen cloth and bind them on your chest overnight.
  • Put slices of raw onion on the soles of your feet, and hold the slices in place with woolen socks. Leave them that way overnight to draw out infection and fever.

Archived