Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

~~~~~~ :welcometo our House ~~~~

This is a long running CAL, which originally started when a group began making quiltghans ,using patterns from this website:

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/

Some of us have been here a long time, others are new members .

Everyone is welcome ,whether you just found Crochetville, or if you've been a member since the beginning .

Our goal is to make this into a friendly place where there's no pressure ,no timelines ,and everyone can work on their own projects at their own pace .

Come on in . :yes

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Rooster will be submitted to Cara for her site soon. I actually had to do it to work out a few of the wrinkles in the pattern. I want to finish it first, which should be by the end of the week. I've already started sewing the squares together for block 8. That just leaves one more block and the border. :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

I've decided (finally) to make this one, 'cause a) I like it and b) the smaller size. But I do have a question for Cara (or anyone who's made this): It looks like there are dark green squares extending beyond the blocks on the edges. Is that true? I like the look, and it looks like it's too big an area for just the crocheted border.

I've decided (finally) to make this one, 'cause a) I like it and b) the smaller size. But I do have a question for Cara (or anyone who's made this): It looks like there are dark green squares extending beyond the blocks on the edges. Is that true? I like the look, and it looks like it's too big an area for just the crocheted border.

Oh yeah hey! I forgot about that...guess I should add that to the pattern huh? :blush

Mary your Mr Train looks beautiful. Well done on a fabulous job.

Linda I like your Mr Rooster so much I might make that one next year. Im lost without my itty bitty squares to make.

Cara cant wait to see what patterns you have come up with.

Mary- I didnt even notice which area you thanked me in -- since I check into several of them, I just try to keep caught up ,and probably sometimes I post comments to the wrong things in the wrong places ,too, so no worries there !

OJulie-

It's ok, this is a very non-judgmental group of ladies. I have never once heard anything but positive comments when someone posts their work ,so don't feel any pressure there about anyone saying anything unkind.

This is a real nice classy group of people .

Okay I have a question for Cara (or anyone else that wants to answer :D)

Do you think the border would look okay if I did the first round in sc, the second round in hdc and then the third round in sc again? I wasn't sure about the hdc. I don't have quite enough yarn with the dc in the border but would with the hdc. If it won't look right though I'll just go get more this weekend sometime.

Okay I have a question for Cara (or anyone else that wants to answer :D)

Do you think the border would look okay if I did the first round in sc, the second round in hdc and then the third round in sc again? I wasn't sure about the hdc. I don't have quite enough yarn with the dc in the border but would with the hdc. If it won't look right though I'll just go get more this weekend sometime.

Hi Donna ~ That's the border I just used for Mr. Train and it looks fine. I actually forget about hdc sometimes, but like the texture. :crocheting

I have a basic question for these quilt-ghans. Do you sew them together strip-by-strip or block-by-block? Does that make any sense? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Hi Alaina. I think we all do the joining a little differently. If the pattern is designed with quilt blocks, then I make all of the blocks and then join them. On the Cuddle quilts, I join squares into rows and then attach the rows. Basically, it's whatever works best for you! Have fun. :hook

*grumble* *grumble* Stupid email notification thingy isn't working and I'm not bright enough most days to remember to check until I've been up for hours :grump

Anyway.......

Good morning ladies :flower

Donna - Yep, I've kinda gotten to where I do all my borders in hdc these days. Like K said...dc is too holey sometimes. I've been doing one round of sc, round of hdc, repeat and it's working out really well :yes

:yay I am leaving for my holiday tomorrow!! Going to London again to see Denise for christmas. And what does she do? She gets herself a job and starts on Monday!!!! And she is moving this weekend. :ohdear Do you think she waited for me to come visit? :think Anyway, I was trying to pack in as much crocheting as I could and there was only place for the christmas presents I need to finish and I wanted to start on my ghan while I was on holiday. But I think I have that problem solved, I am just going to buy the yarn while I am there. :devil :devil :clap:idea

Donna ~ can't wait to see it finished!

Tracy, have a great time with your Mom. I hope the move goes well...Denise sounds like a very smart mom to me! :D Have fun yarn shopping in London. :yarn

Hi to everyone I missed. :manyheart

Archived