Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy said that Ayden had a ball playing in the box while they were sorting out all the contents. There is something about little kids and big boxes that is always a winning combination. :lol

Works with cats too :lol

Julie - Nope never have tried the Airborne stuff but I've gotta get something :P

My head feels like it's about to explode :( Took a Benadryl. Had a little nap. Okay, a big nap :D Now at least the pain is just on one side of my head. It's just allergies. BD was supposed to get off right after lunch today but I guess it didn't work out. Need to call and see if he'll bring me some meds :yes

Donna...love the ladybug ghan!! Lovely work, and I'm jealous!

Cara...please rest and get well, even if you have to neglect stuff. It'll still be there, waiting, when you feel better.

As for me, I finally got the hang of those 2-color squares! The first one I attempted looked like it had three too many Bloody Marys, and the second one wasn't much better...still couldn't pass a breathalizer. The third is an actual square!

As for me, I finally got the hang of those 2-color squares! The first one I attempted looked like it had three too many Bloody Marys, and the second one wasn't much better...still couldn't pass a breathalizer. The third is an actual square!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:lol It took me more than three (Bloody Marys or squares?:think) to get it right...now they're almost "easy!" ;)

It's official. I miscounted on the squares for Mr. Rooster. I ended up short 6 buff colored squares. I have crocheted the missing squares and have the 9th block almost totally sewn together. Just two more seams to go and then joining it to blocks 7 & 8 and that strip to the rest of it. Then the border and it is DONE!!! Wheeeeeeee!!

It's official. I miscounted on the squares for Mr. Rooster. I ended up short 6 buff colored squares. I have crocheted the missing squares and have the 9th block almost totally sewn together. Just two more seams to go and then joining it to blocks 7 & 8 and that strip to the rest of it. Then the border and it is DONE!!! Wheeeeeeee!!

Oooh, can't wait to see the finished Mr. Rooster! So many possibilities with this technique!

:jumpyay:woo Can't wait !! :clap

BTW, DH brought me home some allergy meds and I'm feeling much better now :yes

Linda thats fantastic.

Cara Im glad your feeling better.

Other Julie Im glad you got the square worked out, before you know it you will have made hundreds of them.

Its been raining cats and dogs here, finally got some rain, was beginning to wonder what that looked like.

Glad you're feeling better, Cara.

It's really gray and gloomy here today, but not so cold. I'm going to finish sewing Mr. Rooster today and hopefully get the border done, too.

Have a great day, everyone. :hug

Hi Ladies. I hope you are all having a great Friday. :)

Cara, I'm glad you're feeling better. :manyheart

Wendy ~ :rain That's great news about the rain! I know you've been needing it for a long time.

OJulie, before you know it, you'll be able to make squares in your sleep. :hook

:yayLinda! You know we're looking forward to pictures. :photo

Congratulations Linda!! :jumpyay:h5 Can't wait to see him :manyheart

Busy, busy, busy day :whew And it's not over yet :P

Got up at 7 a.m. (two hours before my normal wake time) to take nephew to have a 3 hr test at the hospital. His tummy's acting up. Gotta figure out what's going on.

Finally got home and had some lunch at noon. Then I took a little one hour nap while hubby went to do an errand (he's on vacation). He came home and handed me $300 for my Christmas gift then took me shopping. :yay

Came home to find out my niece is in labor. It's not going real smoothly though. She went into hospital last night at 8 so they could try to induce. Well, it was going slowly so we thought they'd send her home because she was only dilated 2.5 cm. No, they broke her water instead :eek IMO that was dumb. She hasn't dilated anymore since then and that was early this morning so they're gonna have to do a C-section now :(

They're taking her in right about now. They live 3.5 hrs from here. So can I ask for prayers and good thoughts be sent her way? It's been rough. The baby's father was killed in a car wreck the day she found out she was pregnant. And now this. :sigh We sure could use a happy ending :yes

Gotta go finish my laundry now because I have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning because BD has decided he wants to go to his folks early in the day. Why I don't know. Nothing starts till after 4:00. Wish me strength :D

Think I'm gonna work on something, don't know what, while my laundry dries and I wait to hear about our niece.

'Night y'all :manyheart

OJulie and Nici- please don't ever feel you are asking stupid questions. The ladies are all real nice in here and treat everyone well, so ask away !

Linda- excited to see your rooster in all his glory ,and finished just in time ! Make sure to let us know how she likes it when you give it to her !

Good morning ladies :flower

Thanks for the congrats :manyheart Mom and baby were both doing very well last night. Mommy was hopped up on morphine though after the c-section so she slept through most of it :lol My sister is thrilled to death to be a grandma :manyheart

Now I've gotta get my rear in gear so we can head out to the in-laws'. I don't know why on earth BD wants to go this early :no Guess he's hoping to beat at least some of the traffic. The traffic here in town yesterday was insane. We pass two outlet malls on the interstate on the way which should be lots of fun....NOT! I figure a 3 hr trip will take us at least 4. DH is the sweetest most patient guy you ever wanna meet...until he gets in traffic :rolleyes

Anyway, have a great day all. We'll be coming home tonight so I will report what kind of yarn BIL came up with tomorrow :lol

Good morning, everyone. It feels great to have Mr. Rooster done. Will take a picture in a bit. I haven't been awake very long. Kim & I are planning a quiet day together as John is going hunting today after getting the bearings (sp?) in the car replaced this morning. I am taking a break from major projects for a day or two. I am bushed after the last couple of months pushing, pushing, pushing to get things done for Christmas. Could barely face a hook this morning. May actually use my pointy sticks to make some preemie hats today. :yes

Congratulations on your new grand-nephew, Cara. Glad they are both okay.:hug

Have a good day, everyone.:hook

Archived