Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies

I just had to see why this thread was so popularand now I know why. These blankets are just amaizing. I made the school bus one off Cara'a website. I have to tell you the squares work up very quickly but sewing them all together was a major pain. I very much admire your dedication. Not to mention your creativity. After seeing the amazing ghans you have come up with I may have to reconsider this again after the new year. Even though I hate all that sewing I love how creative I can get. I have created several graphs for projects I have in mind but until I get all my other wips out of the way I guess I wil have to just stick to desighning them for now. If I ever do make any of them I will be sure to post them for you. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Good morning, ladies. About all I got accomplished yesterday was taking pictures and knitting on two preemie hats. One is done except for sewing together the seam and the other has about 10 rows to go. I ran out of steam big time when I finished Mr. Rooster. :lol

Okay, i'm dwindling down on projects & the holidays are nearing an end. I have the small lapghan peace ghan & my small ripple that is almost done. So my next queston is for Cara.......ya know what's coming huh? :lol

Are there going to be new patterns put up soon? :lol Not that there's not a ton more that I haven't done that I want to but a new one just always seems to light new fires. Ya know what I mean? Anywhoo, I leave ya alone but only until after the holiday. :devil:P

Howdy gals :flower

Okay, first and foremost.....look at this little face on new grand nephew Peyton

Peyton1.jpg

He's so tiny! :manyheart Can't wait til I can get up there to see him :manyheart

Linda - The Rooster is a masterpiece! :nworthy :nworthy He's simply fabulous! Now I have to learn how to make your special squares because this house is Kitty & Rooster Central :lol

Okay, so previously we heard that my BIL called about yarn choices for my requested Christmas gift, right? Turns out SIL was with him as well. He was choosing RHSS in what SIL says was, "the ugliest colors they had". Of course, we all know there's no such thing. Stash building is stash building, am I right? But she checked out the Vanna's and saw the difference and the following little scene played out...

Amy (SIL): Chris, I think Travis needs to go to the bathroom again.

Travis (nehew, age 3): I don't have to go potty, Mommy.

Amy : Yes, you do.

Travis: No, Mommy I really don't.

Chris (BIL): He doesn't have to go Amy.

Amy: Yes, he does he just doesn't know it.

So BIL takes nephew to the boys room and SIL puts all the RHSS back and gets the Vanna's. BIL comes back wanting to know what happened to his choices. She tells him he can choose something too and this is what he's allowed to add to the basket.....

chrischoice.jpg

Amy added 32 skeins of Vannas and 3 fabulous large tote bags....

vannas.jpg

totes.jpg

I'd have been over the moon with RHSS in various colors but I'm in heaven with the Vanna's :c9

Sorry for the long story but I thought it was hilarious :lol

Cara that is just hilarious. Im glad you got some great yarn there and your party went well.

I havent seen this vanna yarn before, might have to have a look on ebay.

Cara im in agreement with Tabby, I too am waiting for some new patterns to inspire me to get back into the square addiction. I do want to make Mr Rooster though.

Oh yes, meant to address the new pattern thing. :blush I know I've been neglecting the site. Distracted by shiny new CALs and all :lol But the rest of the year will be spent updating and adding new goodies :jumpyay December is HYHs anniversary month. It has already been one year since it went live! It was my Christmas gift from BD last year and I must say it's the best one I ever got! This has been one of the best years of my life and I owe it all to y'all :manyheart I can never repay the support and friendship I've received :manyheart

Cara, what a wonderful yarn story! :lol And your haul is absolutely wonderful! Your grand-nephew is charming. What a little sweety.

Mr. Rooster is washed and dried now. I need to finish up the revised pattern which will include a blowup of the head which is where most of the special squares are. They aren't all that hard, but do have more tails than the usual bicolor ones.

Aww Cara, Peyton is adorable & so tiny. :manyheart What did he weigh?

And that shopping story is hilarious but she did it for all the right reasons & you made out great! :cheer:lol You really have had a wonderful Christmas so far. You are going to need a seperate house just for all of your new knitting & crocheting loot. :yarn

Aww Cara, Peyton is adorable & so tiny. :manyheart What did he weigh?

And that shopping story is hilarious but she did it for all the right reasons & you made out great! :cheer:lol You really have had a wonderful Christmas so far. You are going to need a seperate house just for all of your new knitting & crocheting loot. :yarn

Well, I have a room of my own for such things...I just need more storage :lol

Peyton weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and he was 20 inches long :manyheart

I havent seen this vanna yarn before, might have to have a look on ebay.

The Vanna yarn is so squishy! I used it for DS's GF's scarves...so soft!

Well, I have a room of my own for such things...I just need more storage :lol

Peyton weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and he was 20 inches long :manyheart

He looks so small compared to the hands in the picture but he wasn't a real small baby. But he is sooooo cute. I wanna hold him. :manyheart:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Archived