Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hi, everyone. I got my yarn, and of course changed my mind yet again! about which quiltghan I'm going to do. I finally decided on the Roundabout.

I've done a square, and before I go further, I have a question: Is it supposed to have holes? It looks like a square, but it's hard to tell from the pictures if there are little holes in the square, coming from the ch 1 spaces.

Be kind! :) I'm just restarting this crocheting thing.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, everyone. I got my yarn, and of course changed my mind yet again! about which quiltghan I'm going to do. I finally decided on the Roundabout.

I've done a square, and before I go further, I have a question: Is it supposed to have holes? It looks like a square, but it's hard to tell from the pictures if there are little holes in the square, coming from the ch 1 spaces.

Be kind! :) I'm just restarting this crocheting thing.

Hi Julie. Yep, there will be small holes wherever you chain 1. Also another tip that helped me with the squares...just give them a little tug at the corners so that they are "square."

Please don't ever hesitate to ask questions. I was asking them everyday when I first found this CAL! :yes

Hi Julie. Yep, there will be small holes wherever you chain 1. Also another tip that helped me with the squares...just give them a little tug at the corners so that they are "square."

Please don't ever hesitate to ask questions. I was asking them everyday when I first found this CAL! :yes

Thanks, Mary! I feel better now. It really doesn't take long to do those little squares!

And yes, I'll prolly be asking a LOT of questions! But I love this place, 'cause eeryone is SO helpful! :ty

OK this is probably a stupid question and a little embarrassing but here it goes:

what kind of yarn do you use?I'm confused by the "worsted weight" I have no idea what that means.

Nope not stupid :hug Worsted weight is pretty much any basic yarn. It'll say "worsted weight" on the label. Red Heart Super Saver is what 99% of the models were made from. Some had bits and pieces of Caron Perfect Match or the Caron One Pounders. Some folks have made them using Caron's Simply Soft but I find that it "slips" a lot when weaving ends so don't made your life more difficult than it needs to be :wink Hope that helped.

Nici and Cara ~ Hobby Lobby's brand "I Love This Yarn" works well for the quilt ghans, too! I finally bought some...they have the perfect yellow for the Just Ducky pattern. Yes, the little square addiction continues. :lol I also like TLC Essentials.

Thanks, Mary! I feel better now. It really doesn't take long to do those little squares!

Wait till you start putting them together:lol:lol

...many ladies here have different methods: some work line by line in the pattern, others take it a series of blocks at a time and then join them - otherwise you have a mountain of squares to plow through all at once!

Good morning, everyone. It's overcast and gloomy here with rain showers in the forecast. I finished decorating our tree last night. It does look very pretty.:ctree

I heard from Valerie last night. She's been busy, busy, busy with the new store, but it's going well and she's happy there. Sounds like the guy that had it in for her is now in the hot seat. She's still under the weather health wise, but wanted me to let you know how things were going. She's planning on some time in the 'Ville and with her hook on Sunday.

I checked the tracking on UPS on the boxes I sent last week and they've all arrived. Hooray! They all made it before Christmas. :woo Joy wanted to know if I could have found a bigger box. (They did have two that were bigger.) Hehehe! :devil She thought it was awfully big. Obviously hasn't unpacked it yet or she'd know why.

Off to check some other CALs and then back to Mr. Rooster. Have a good day. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Donna - Excellent job on the LB! :clap:cheer

Linda - Thanks for the update on Valerie. Poor thing's had a rough time of late. Glad all your packages arrived in time :clap

Ohhhh I think I'm trying to come down sick :sick I wish I would stop that :lol We're having our Christmas on Saturday which means a long trip to San Antonio, spend all day with the family and a long trip back that night :whew Too many kitties to take care of to stay overnight.

Maybe I'll crawl back in bed once Big Daddy goes to work...if he'll ever get up...almost 40 years old and it's like waking up a 12 year old :rolleyes

thank you ladies for your help:)

I just found out that my best friend is having a baby :yayshe is due in april so

I am putting penguin cuddle Quilt on hold to make either chains and dimond or flower quilt for her new baby.I'm not sure which one yet.

Donna, your ladybug quilt is adorable. Great job!

Joy said that Ayden had a ball playing in the box while they were sorting out all the contents. There is something about little kids and big boxes that is always a winning combination. :lol

Oh Cara, I hope you're okay. :hug Let us know how you're feeling after your rest. :)

Nici ~ We'll be here when you're ready! Check in when you can. :yes

I need to get ready soon for MIL's birthday party this evening. It's a long story, but it will be at the house where she is living with her caregiver. DH's sister is rather difficult on a good day and DH is in LA so he won't be here...oh well, ought to be another fun family get together. NOT!

I need to get ready soon for MIL's birthday party this evening. It's a long story, but it will be at the house where she is living with her caregiver. DH's sister is rather difficult on a good day and DH is in LA so he won't be here...oh well, ought to be another fun family get together. NOT!

Oh Mary try and enjoy yourself.:hug

Archived