Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Just wanted to pop in and say... I love RHSS!!! :manyheart

Currently hooking a blanket using the skeins an Elf sent me and its great. I need to find a way of getting some myself. Probably easiest to get it from RH themselves. :yes:manyheart

And welcome to the CAL Abigail1280. Hope you have fun with all us "squares" :P

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all. Hi Abbigal, welcome. Did you get added to the list? oh no wait, probably on Monday as Sue is outtatown! SO, did everyone enjoy the snow the midwest saw today, lol. Just a nuisance really, about 4 inches, but melting on the streets, might refreeze tonight though! Just asking Abbigal, what size and colors of sqaures you be looking for, maybe some of us can get a head start! take care all, back to work!

:hi Abigail!

hi all. Hi Abbigal, welcome. Did you get added to the list? oh no wait, probably on Monday as Sue is outtatown! SO, did everyone enjoy the snow the midwest saw today, lol. Just a nuisance really, about 4 inches, but melting on the streets, might refreeze tonight though! Just asking Abbigal, what size and colors of sqaures you be looking for, maybe some of us can get a head start! take care all, back to work!

Got snow here two days ago and a little more last night. Not too bad during the day for driving and only a little slick at night.

Trying to get a few things done around the house - decorating and such - then I hope to get a few squares sent out this month. I'm going to be realistic and say maybe 2. If I get more done than that I will be happier though! :hook

Going to see Santa tomorrow for pictures with my son. Decorating the tree tonight! :ctree

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

:waving

Thanks for the warm welcomes!! Actually, I did get added to the email list, but not the front page. I'm looking for 6" ww squares, any color is fine. I have the list printed out already and inside my pattern binder. I'm gonna get started pumping out squares here soon. I've been trying to finish up my family of loomed snowmen:sman

No snow for us. Probably not until late January, but it's still cold :wbrr

:waving

Thanks for the warm welcomes!! Actually, I did get added to the email list, but not the front page. I'm looking for 6" ww squares, any color is fine. I have the list printed out already and inside my pattern binder. I'm gonna get started pumping out squares here soon. I've been trying to finish up my family of loomed snowmen:sman

No snow for us. Probably not until late January, but it's still cold :wbrr

neat, snowmen huh, did you post them on here?? and I am sorry about mispelling your name. Abigail, there, and Ill try to get busy on some, I love making the 6 inch ones, they go so fast! do you like pastels as well, or not?

I have not been posting on here regularly... :blush Square making kind of got put on the back burner for the last couple months~ It's been crazy around here. My Mom was here for a week, she just went home today. I do have some squares to send out. Trying to get everything together here. We put up our tree tonight, and decorated it. :ctree

neat, snowmen huh, did you post them on here?? and I am sorry about mispelling your name. Abigail, there, and Ill try to get busy on some, I love making the 6 inch ones, they go so fast! do you like pastels as well, or not?

It's ok. Abigail is actually not my name, it's my pug's name. My first name is Kim :heehee. I guess my sn is sorta misleading, but it's ok. Pastels are fine! And I agree, 6" do go fast.

This is my snowman. He's the first thing I've made on the loom that wasn't a hat. Only his nose is crocheted. He's slighly deformed from me stuffing him, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with him.

post-54847-135897715669_thumb.jpg

It's ok. Abigail is actually not my name, it's my pug's name. My first name is Kim :heehee. I guess my sn is sorta misleading, but it's ok. Pastels are fine! And I agree, 6" do go fast.

This is my snowman. He's the first thing I've made on the loom that wasn't a hat. Only his nose is crocheted. He's slighly deformed from me stuffing him, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with him.

I worked with the looms before and NEVER made anything that cute! He is so sweet!

Oh Kim, that is adorable, and i love looming! Im gonna have to try something like that, wow, he/she turned out utterly adorable! Gosh I even have a very small loom, for cuffs and such, and that would work wonderfully, im thinking! How big is your snow person, and we got some of the real stuff here yesterday, winter freaking wonderland here, yay.......

Adorable snowman!!! Welcome to the group, btw!

Thanks!!

He's so simple to make on the round loom. All e wrap, and his entire body is one piece, made like you would a hat. I even made his scarf on the round loom. I used 5 pegs and went back and forth, I started to crochet it, but I wanted to match the hat, and with the 2 strands, it was too stiff. I had fun doing all the little detail work :)

Ok, back to painting. I'm painting my bathroom and just took a short break to add another round to the granny square I started.

Hi everyone ! Welcome Kim :hug

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm. I was gone all weekend, just got home to realize I had to figure out my bills for the next 3 months bc I totally forgot. :( Im not liking how its looking, but hopefully its not as bad as it looks :(

Time to go eat, Im starving :)

Do I need to block the squares before I send them out?

Hi Kim,

most of us don't block, as we use pretty much acrylic, and acrylic doesn't usually take to nor require blocking, just what I was told, when asked, lol As for e wrapping, I know how to do that, wow, i know what that is! Im gonna have to try this!

Abigail1280/Kim: you never told me your first name was Kim! :lol I just assumed Abigail! :lol

Oh, I'm home. :)

:turtle:vheart

:lol

I hope you had a good time Sue!

Well, I plan on going to the PO tomorrow so I better actually make a square to send :lol

Gonna try and get my goal of 2 done today and send them both out tomorrow. Have a great day all!

I'm finally almost done with my coasters! So excited and relieved! Then I can get back to my magic ball afghan and random squares that I've been making here and there :lol So happy to be almost done; I don't think I'll be making any more coasters for a while!!! Hope everyone is well! :hugs for all

I hope you had a good time Sue!

It was very educational and I made some contacts (it was a sea turtle workshop). We listened to some of the top people in the industry give talks then did a surgical lab (practiced on dead turtles) and necropsy (same dead turtles...of course!). The smell was a bit rough for newbies, but I got cake in the middle of it. I watched a necropsy once while eating a chicken parm sub! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Archived