Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it strange how things work one way for one person another way for a different person? Sugar 'n Cream fades and bleeds a lot when I use it. I wonder why it does that for me then...

You know.. I wonder if the oils from our skin have anything to do with how the yarn then reacts. .... :think

:heart

:mug

:sun.......... Good Morning kids...........

How is everyone this morning?

I'm good......... neck hurts.. but thats not new... LOL

How's our little Swap going?

I mailed mine out this morning! :whew... kept forgetting to take it with me!

Sue... thank you for the pattern for the tote! I've made myself a nice little bag to carry to the baseball games... I have one ready to sew for football games too! :D

Heather... oh.. yes.. VERY proud of my boys! Patrick pitches and plays shortstop... Michael .. is catcher... and David wants to be a great batter! He wants to be the one that the team can count on for a good hit!

Patrick also is QB for his football team. When Michael played he was QB too ... but decided not to play football this year. He'll be playing basketball though!

David likes to catch all the bugs at the 'outdoor' games... LOL He's trying to decide between being a zoologist or an emtomologist.

Well..off for more coffee

bbiab...........

You're welcome sweetie! :hug We went for a bike ride down at Lighthouse Point Park. We're going to have to take you there when you come visit. We went out on the jetty and saw lots of fish and even 2 sea turtles. Its not far from the science center so we can make a day of it!

:turtle:vheart

I've never noticed my cotton yarn bleeding, but the colors do seem to fade quite a bit.

I mostly use sugar and cream too.

:shrug Who knows! :lol

You know.. I wonder if the oils from our skin have anything to do with how the yarn then reacts. .... :think

I wouldn't think so, but stranger things have happened! :P

When I have uses dishcloths made with Sugar 'n Cream or Peaches and Cream, I've had some bleeding in the dish water unless I wash it first. If I wash it first, all of the bleeding seems to occur in the washer/dryer.

I'm glad you all don't seem to have that problem though! :cheer

Hi, just checking in. It's a rainy day here today so think i will give my poor eyes a rest and watch a little tv. I have a new kindle and I have gave myself eye strain I think lolol Watching my mail so hope to get a delivery soon :-)

I thought since we all use cotton yarn for our dishcloths, etc. that this would be a good place to ask this:

I am working on a couple cotton scrapghans, and have run out of scraps...if any of you have any cotton scraps that you don't want, I will gladly take them off your hands. If they are long enough to tie to another piece of yarn at each end, then they are usable to me!

:sun Goooooooooooood Morning.............

How's everyone's day going so far?

Mines pretty good.. gettin' stuff done :hook

I had a good "Diet Day" yesterday! I'm back to counting calories and being very serious about getting the last of this weight off!!!

I need to get new walking shoes... the ones I have hurt my feet... :(

I want to get back to my walking! I have been doing 2 miles every other day and had to stop due to the shoes. DUMB Shoes... LOL

Thats okay.. I have plenty of stairs in my house.. so Up and Down all day keeps me movin'!

Okay... off to tend to laundy and get a fresh cup of coffee!!!

check in later

have a great day!

Here's a few dishcloths made while waiting in the hospital emergency room with my very sick ex-husband. Nothing fancy about them, just double crochet and single crochet.

OmGosh... those are awesome!!!

Hows your ex? Is he okay?

thanks to everyone for asking about my ex-husband. Unfortunately, he is very sick and will not recover. He is on end-of-life measures now. I just received an email from his sister that he is on the downward trend now. So he is on the path to passing away.

Even though Bob and I are divorced, we have been the best of friends for years now. In fact, he is my best friend. I can't imagine not being able to pick up the phone and speak with him.

I'm sorry that this message is such a downer. Please keep Bob in your prayers.

thanks to everyone for asking about my ex-husband. Unfortunately, he is very sick and will not recover. He is on end-of-life measures now. I just received an email from his sister that he is on the downward trend now. So he is on the path to passing away.

Even though Bob and I are divorced, we have been the best of friends for years now. In fact, he is my best friend. I can't imagine not being able to pick up the phone and speak with him.

Oh Sweetie!!! :hug

this breaks my heart! I am so sorry!!!!!

hugs..love and prayers coming both your ways!!!!

:sun Goooooooooooood Morning.............

How's everyone's day going so far?

Mines pretty good.. gettin' stuff done :hook

I had a good "Diet Day" yesterday! I'm back to counting calories and being very serious about getting the last of this weight off!!!

I need to get new walking shoes... the ones I have hurt my feet... :(

I want to get back to my walking! I have been doing 2 miles every other day and had to stop due to the shoes. DUMB Shoes... LOL

Thats okay.. I have plenty of stairs in my house.. so Up and Down all day keeps me movin'!

Okay... off to tend to laundy and get a fresh cup of coffee!!!

check in later

have a great day!

I have Sketchers Shape-Ups and LOVE them. So comfy. I wear them all the time! I have a bad knee and it hasn't bothered me once since I got them. And if my tush ends up looking like the girl in the commercial so be it! :lol In Dec we can go bike riding!

I'm so sorry to hear about Bob. :hug

I'm so sorry. :hug

Prayers are going out for Bob and all his family/friends.

so do they work? i've been thinking of getting some shape-ups but am leery of paying the price tag if they don't work...

My legs have strengthened and toned. You just have to get use to wearing them since its like having a rubber ball under the arch of your foot, but now if I don't wear them other shoes feel weird. I can walk and walk without my feet or knee bothering me. I'd buy them again if/when these wear out.

Archived