Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

Thanks everyone. I think I'm getting my dishcloth making "mojo" back. This was my first time ever making a towel topper, Tammy. I hope to make lots more though. :hook Gardener, you have to make little holes in the top of the towel. I wasn't really sure how to do it, either. (And don't know if I will try that way next time or not..) I bloggd about how I did it, though. (Don't know if that helps; or makes things worse..:think)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks everyone. I think I'm getting my dishcloth making "mojo" back. This was my first time ever making a towel topper, Tammy. I hope to make lots more though. :hook Gardener, you have to make little holes in the top of the towel. I wasn't really sure how to do it, either. (And don't know if I will try that way next time or not..) I bloggd about how I did it, though. (Don't know if that helps; or makes things worse..:think)

Thanks for the link. It is helpful.

Wow… has this been one heck of a ride this last month!!!

I’m sorry for not being around and not even checking in!!! We’ve kinda been busy!

To recap on whats been going on and is still going on…………

October 15th hubby was admitted to the hospital diagnosed with Leukemia. He spent 25 days there…. Seemed like so much longer. He had his first round of serious chemo and came through that really well.

He’s home and starts his “consolidation therapy” which is more chemo. He will go one hour …twice a day on Monday… Wednesday … and Friday. Then a two week break for his immune system to recover and then another week of chemo… two weeks off.. and one last week of chemo. If you are interested at all in reading more about his adventure… I created him a Caring Bridge site …. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kencarlton Please feel free to hop over and read and even leave him a message if you feel led to.

In the midst of all this Michael went into a relapse. The stress of his daddy being sick really did a number on him.

He’s really having a rough time of it … He’s super swollen and in pain.

He’s missed a couple weeks of school in total so far on and off… we’ve had to barrow a wheelchair from a friend to help get Michael around.

I’ve been busy crocheting … Made Ken a blanket while he was in the hospital… and have been receiving squares to make him another one.

I’m in the process of making scarves right now for Christmas gifts…… for a bunch of the nurses that took care of Ken … and some seriously wonderful friends that have been helping us out during this tough time!

Anyway… need to run… have been busy today tending to Michael and getting things done around here.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Ken's Prayer Blanket I made him **Orange for Leukemia**

post-18634-135897599243_thumb.jpg

Christmas Scarves I'm making

post-18634-135897599238_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

• 1 month later...
made these yesterday

They look great. :hook

Wow… has this been one heck of a ride this last month!!!

I’m sorry for not being around and not even checking in!!! We’ve kinda been busy!

To recap on whats been going on and is still going on…………

October 15th hubby was admitted to the hospital diagnosed with Leukemia. He spent 25 days there…. Seemed like so much longer. He had his first round of serious chemo and came through that really well.

He’s home and starts his “consolidation therapy” which is more chemo. He will go one hour …twice a day on Monday… Wednesday … and Friday. Then a two week break for his immune system to recover and then another week of chemo… two weeks off.. and one last week of chemo. If you are interested at all in reading more about his adventure… I created him a Caring Bridge site …. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kencarlton Please feel free to hop over and read and even leave him a message if you feel led to.

In the midst of all this Michael went into a relapse. The stress of his daddy being sick really did a number on him.

He’s really having a rough time of it … He’s super swollen and in pain.

He’s missed a couple weeks of school in total so far on and off… we’ve had to barrow a wheelchair from a friend to help get Michael around.

I’ve been busy crocheting … Made Ken a blanket while he was in the hospital… and have been receiving squares to make him another one.

I’m in the process of making scarves right now for Christmas gifts…… for a bunch of the nurses that took care of Ken … and some seriously wonderful friends that have been helping us out during this tough time!

Anyway… need to run… have been busy today tending to Michael and getting things done around here.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Ken's Prayer Blanket I made him **Orange for Leukemia**

[ATTACH]30797[/ATTACH]

Christmas Scarves I'm making

[ATTACH]30796[/ATTACH]

:hug :hug :hug

I finished this towel/dishcloth set over winter break. The towel is one I had been wanting to do for a long time. I actually started (and finished) one in "Desert Sunset", first. But I ran out of yarn doing the dishcloth. :blush So, I'm waiting to get more to finish that. I used the Hanging Dish Towel pattern. There is a matching dishcloth link, but I just made my own up by chaining 34 and doing the stitch pattern. :)

post-20-135897612304_thumb.jpg

I was wondering the same thing myself. I suppose it would be the same as using a crocheted dishcloth to dry your hands with? :think

Anywho, I finished the first set I was working on. :hook

Nice work, Tina. I was wondering, IS a crocheted towel functional, or just decorative?

post-20-13589761299_thumb.jpg

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)...♥ Happy New Year ♥

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Good Morning friends............

My apologies for neglecting all of you and this thread! Things have been so darn crazy around here!!!! I have to say that although there is still so much going on with hubby and all his doctor appointments and treatments... my son and his relapse.... and just everyday goings on.... it does seem to be a little less 'insane' I think with Christmas being over.. and the New Year started... I'm not so rushed anymore. I barely spent anytime at home... didnt get my Christmas gifts made that I wanted... didnt get all the shopping done that I wanted ... and the mail piled up like crazy!

I think I'm finally finding routine again. The boys went back to school today and Ken is off to one of his clients... I'm home getting chores done and catching up on email ... blog posts... and crocheting.

There is a lovely lady that is now in the room that Ken was in at the hospital. She has the same type leukemia Ken has... but she isnt doing as well. I've started a 12 point round prayer blanket for her ...... all orange due to that being the color for leukemia. Its coming out really nice.. I hope to have it done this week so we can take it to her.

Hubby and I believe God is guiding us into ministry through Ken's leukemia. We have started talking about our plans with this... visiting people in all the hospitals around.... showing them the love of God and helping them through their struggle.

Anyway................ Happy New Year everyone!

btw Tina............ love your dishcloth and towel!!!! :hook

• 4 weeks later...

Are we going to open a new 2011 Dishcloth CAL? (I will have to finish the dishcloth I am knitting, lol..) :D Maggie's Crochet has a 365 dishcloth thing going on.. I haven't looked into it, but when I get some extra time.. :blush

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi

If you are interested in dishcloths, there's a new thread this year:

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/144065-dishcloths-of-2013-cal/

Looking back through the old posts you will find lots of great pictures and links to patterns.

Archived