Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

I'm starting this CAL because like myself.. there are others that enjoy making dishcloths.. and sharing the pics and patterns.

A dishcloth is a fun...simple... quick project that 'gives' in so many ways.

I feel great when making one ..because I can finish it in no time. I feel good being able to give them away as gifts... and they put a smile on someones face when they receive one! :U

So..... all that said....... lets get to having some fun with dishcloths.

:hook ~ pop in whenever you can.... share a dishcloth or simply comment on someone elses.

:knit ~ share a link or pattern so we can all play

:hook ~ dont forget pictures of your beautiful work

:knit ~ most of all.......... have fun!

No pressure.... No demands... No deadlines... just come play in the cotton yarn :yarn

Previous Dishcloth CAL links:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61718

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94707

Pattern links:

Crochet Pattern Central Dishcloths

ChrisCrossCrafts~FreeDishcloths

:heart

:mug

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent !!! I will be sure to drop in to show off or admire. :hook

Tam, that is a very pretty pattern. Good going!

:yay awesome! So happy to hear you'll come hang out with us once in a while!

thanks for the compliment!

I'm hoping to have the pattern written and posted on my blog tomorrow for *Freebie Friday*

I am so happy that you took the initiative, Tam! I will be sure to post any that I come up with during 2010. Love yours!

Oh, and Sarah, Knitted is most definitely accepted.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: +18

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

:woo….. this is awesome… I’m so happy to see you all :hug

Sarah: so good to have you come join the fun! Cant wait to see pics of your dishcloths! Yes… knitted is definitely acceptable! :knit

Oh Colleen: I’m so glad you’re here! Thanks for the compliment!!! :hug

:yay Marzee: good to see you! Thanks for the encouragement and compliment!

Cindy: Hey there! Thank you! I’m going to really work hard after dinner tonight to get the pattern written up! :whew

Wow what a great idea! I have never made one before, but I'm willing to give it a go and maybe get hooked on something new :lol and Tam your dish cloth picture is gorgeous, what a great pattern! It's absolutely gorgeous!

As I've never done this before, what type of fiber is used, is it crochet thread or do you use just regular yarn? I can see some yarns wouldn't be acceptable. I'm addicted to making the old fashioned string bags and I've got some of that crochet thread left (gave them out to all the neighbours for Christmas gifts this past holiday), that might do the job. Will have to have a look tomorrow for more possible fibers...and have an excuse to go buy more heehee...:devil I've crocheted for many years but never gave it a thought to try making dishcloths, so any advice is welcome and appreciated, fiber, minimum size, etc.

Nice to meet you Ladies!

Tam - Thanks for starting the new CAL!! Your dishcloth is so cute. Can't wait to see the pattern! :D

I forgot to take a picture of my most recent dishcloths. :( I'll make some more soon though. :yes

:hug....... hey Nicole!

no worries on the dishcloths... thats whats fun about this CAL... you can play anytime you want!

Wow what a great idea! I have never made one before, but I'm willing to give it a go and maybe get hooked on something new :lol and Tam your dish cloth picture is gorgeous, what a great pattern! It's absolutely gorgeous!

As I've never done this before, what type of fiber is used, is it crochet thread or do you use just regular yarn? I can see some yarns wouldn't be acceptable. I'm addicted to making the old fashioned string bags and I've got some of that crochet thread left (gave them out to all the neighbours for Christmas gifts this past holiday), that might do the job. Will have to have a look tomorrow for more possible fibers...and have an excuse to go buy more heehee...:devil I've crocheted for many years but never gave it a thought to try making dishcloths, so any advice is welcome and appreciated, fiber, minimum size, etc.

Nice to meet you Ladies!

:welcome to the fun!!!

thank you so much for your compliment!!!

to answer your questions.... I use cotton yarns as in peaches & cream or sugar n' cream for my dishcloths.

I make both knitted and crocheted cloths.

I love to add a little bottle of dishsoap and a scrubbie wrapped in tissue paper and tucked in a cello bag to give as a gift. I also will give them as bath cloths by adding a lovely bar of soap and maybe come hand cream.

I cant remember the last time I bought a dishcloth. :think

:clap Thank you, Tam!! :hug

:yay awesome! So happy to hear you'll come hang out with us once in a while!

I'm hoping to have the pattern written and posted on my blog tomorrow for *Freebie Friday*

I'm glad you opened up a 2010 thread for this. :P

I made a couple of these already... and have shared.. but here is another one. Its my own pattern...... :knit

[ATTACH]17033[/ATTACH]

That is so pretty Tammy...Ive never made a dishcloth before,Sissie always makes them for me and sends them to me....I think i would like to try though,there are some really pretty knit ones on Ravelry...Can you use TLC Cotton Plus to make them?I have a ton of that stuff that i won on Ebay ages ago and then didn't know what to do with it :lol

Aww… Cindy. :hug

:yay….. good to have you join the fun RecycleCindy

Tina………:hug

Shay……….. my crazy knitting buddy! J :yay I’m so happy you’re gonna come play in the cotton yarn with us! I’m trying to remember if I have ever used TLC cotton for a dishcloth… hmmmm? I don’t see why you couldn’t! shoot … some use acrylic for dishcloths. I prefer cotton myself… but … to each his own J

Pattern for my dishcloth has been posted on my blog

Window to my heart ~ dishcloth

RecycleCindy……….. aww…L No worries… there are plenty of crochet cloths!

I like to make a simple 12 point round dishcloth and add a tiny jar candle to the middle… bring it up and tie it with a small piece of cotton yarn around the neck of the jar and give it as a gift.

post-18634-135897508244_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897508251_thumb.jpg

Cindy……..you’re welcome… let me know if you find any mistakes in the pattern! J

I think you’ll be fine with the TLC yarn too Shay! I be it will be nice and soft!

RecycleCindy……….. aww…L No worries… there are plenty of crochet cloths!

I like to make a simple 12 point round dishcloth and add a tiny jar candle to the middle… bring it up and tie it with a small piece of cotton yarn around the neck of the jar and give it as a gift.

[ATTACH]17126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17127[/ATTACH]

Cindy……..you’re welcome… let me know if you find any mistakes in the pattern! J

I think you’ll be fine with the TLC yarn too Shay! I be it will be nice and soft!

Those are so pretty! What a great gift idea! You could do the same with a pretty jar full of candies.

Archived