Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

Pretty dishcloth Nicole! My LYS owner and I are swapping tutoring. She's going to help with my pitiful knitting and I'll help with her crocheting. From what I've seen her make IDK what help she needs though.

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that one, Nicole. I crocheted a nylon scrubby last night. It turned out kinda small. That stuff is hard to work with. I joined a scrubby swap so I am trying to get the right one/color...

I sure do love those scrubbies! My MIL makes them for all the daughters and DIL's.

I have tried several times, but I never seem to be able to. I crochet tight and that might be my problem.

I made another one too. Here they both are. I guess they are "dishes" related, so I thought I could post them here. :)

Hi Ladies! I've just been following along. I made a scrubbie that is one side netting and one side cotton yarn. I really like them like that. I to thought it was a bit small so when I make another one it will i'll use a larger hook.

Everyone cloths are really pretty.

:sun How is everyone this fine Tuesday morning?

Wow… with the weather trying to be nice around here… we sure have been busy!

Wrestling season is over now for my 13yr old… but its baseball and track! :whew

All three younger ones are in baseball.. but the older of the three will be starting track practice soon. Good thing most of my projects are portable… LOL I can crochet and/or knit anywhere… J

Mary*MI ….. Love your box stitch dishcloth! Very Nice!!

Tina………….. ooooooh… banana muffins sound great! Your butterfly dishcloth came out awesome! There is a lovely little lady at our church that would just love that… she loves butterflies and purple is her fav color!!! J Your little scrubbies are pretty cool!!!!

Oh Doreen……… your dishcloths are GREAT!

Ooooooooooooooooooooh….. Nicole………….. Wow… that’s a cool dishcloth!

:heart

:mug

Tina, the scrubbies look so nice. Do they really work?

I've made tons of them and use them all of the time so I can tell you from experience that they really do work!! They save sooooo much money too!!! It's incredible!! You gotta give 'em a try. Just be prepared though. Once your friends and family see what you've made they WILL want some!! :-)

Yes, they do work, good! I love them. I got a yard of the netting for $2, I think? So far I have made those two scrubbies and still have some left probably to make two more. So, 50c each? I don't know. I am going to try saving those bags that oranges come in, or limes... And use that for these. :shrug

Tina, the scrubbies look so nice. Do they really work?

I was going to ask what you made them out of. I have a whole lot of tulle left from the decorations at my daughters wedding several years ago. I wonder if that would work. Its like a fine netting and it is kind of rough. Its on a spool and is maybe 5 or 6 inches wide. Guess it won't cost anything to try it.

I use the netting on the roll and it cost less than 50 cents a piece for my scrubbers. I cut the roll in half and double my yardage thus doubling the amount of scrubbers I can get off of one roll and it's also alot easier on my hands.

I am going to try saving those bags that oranges come in, or limes... And use that for these. :shrug

I love making scrubbies using lettuce and other recycled produce netting. I have a few free patterns at my blog if anyone is interested in scrubbers like these.

post-10977-135897515713_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897515718_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897515721_thumb.jpg

I was at Michael's Saturday and they had tulle for $2. I forget the yardage though, but thinking about 50 yds?

Those are great Tina and Cindy!

post-18634-135897516245_thumb.jpg

Goooooooooooooood Evening............

wow.. its late........... I have been so neglectful of this thread. I'm so sorry!

boys... school... sports... crocheting.. knitting... boys... school...house work... cooking... etc... LOL

I wanted to pop in and say :hi HI real quick.... and let you all know I am working on a surprise for all of you lovely ladies! :D I'll be posting as soon as I can... I'm workin' hard to get it done SOON! :yes

btw........ RecycleCindy.......... great scrubbies and cloths!!!

And another tip for making scrubbies... you can use the bath puffs you buy at walmart for $1. Simply cut the string down deep in the center.... it will come undone and you can cut strips to crochet! :hook

Okay... back to work for me! I have this surprise to finish! (Sue... you're gonna love this)

[ATTACH]18438[/ATTACH]

Goooooooooooooood Evening............

wow.. its late........... I have been so neglectful of this thread. I'm so sorry!

boys... school... sports... crocheting.. knitting... boys... school...house work... cooking... etc... LOL

I wanted to pop in and say :hi HI real quick.... and let you all know I am working on a surprise for all of you lovely ladies! :D I'll be posting as soon as I can... I'm workin' hard to get it done SOON! :yes

Okay... back to work for me! I have this surprise to finish! (Sue... you're gonna love this)

Oh I love surprises and can't wait to see what you are doing :think

Here is an interesting pattern I found on the web and just had to try it. Each side has a unique look. I add a round of DC as trim to finish it off. The free pattern's called Diving over at Ravelry.

post-10977-13589751627_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897516266_thumb.jpg

Oh I love surprises and can't wait to see what you are doing :think

Here is an interesting pattern I found on the web and just had to try it. Each side has a unique look. I add a round of DC as trim to finish it off. The free pattern's called Diving over at Ravelry.

[ATTACH]18442[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]18443[/ATTACH]

ooooooooooooooooooh.... how neat is that!!! thanks for passing on the pattern link!

yep... I'm workin' on the surprise!!!

you'll like this too Cindy!!! :yes

I have to get the project done .. then create the final tool used to make it. right now I'm working with a prototype. :hook

:sun...................... Good Morning all...................

How is everyone this fine cool March morning?

Anyone have any new dishcloths to share? Did anyone make any for Easter gifts? Wouldnt a little basket with a couple cloths.... soap and a candle be a nice gift for someone for Easter? There is still a little time to do that too. I may just have to make a couple small baskets for a couple sweet ladies at church. hmmmmmm.........

You are PURE evil!!!! :devil

heheheheeheheeeeeeeee ............. yes... but you're gonna like this!

I'm gettin' close to done with the project... then I need to get the tool made before I show & share. I need a trip to the hardware store today for a couple things for the tool :D

Gosh... I cant wait to share!!!!!

you all have a wonderully blessed day!

:sun

heheheheeheheeeeeeeee ............. yes... but you're gonna like this!

I'm gettin' close to done with the project... then I need to get the tool made before I show & share. I need a trip to the hardware store today for a couple things for the tool :D

Gosh... I cant wait to share!!!!!

You are killing us here with the suspense. :scrachin And you need to go to the hardware store -- I wonder if a hammer is needed? :clawhamme :think Hummmm...

You are killing us here with the suspense. :scrachin And you need to go to the hardware store -- I wonder if a hammer is needed? :clawhamme :think Hummmm...

She's been stirring up anticipation in other places too. Wonder how long we will have to wait?

:sun.................... Good Morning...............

well kids... I'm off for a while to treat myself to a manicure and then get some groceries.

I wasnt able to find the items I needed for my tool at our local small town hardware store yesterday... so I'll be going to Menards to find the items. I did however complete the project with my prototype tool.... :D and it came out great!

I'm excited to share ... but I'm not going to until this afternoon when I get back from the hardware store. heheheheheheeee

Okay... off to get lasagna ingredients and brownie and cookie ingredients.

Our Traveling Baseball team is hosting a dinner before the Sr. High Musical tomorrow night.

I have two huge pans of lasagna to make and brownies and cookies. :whew

have a wonderfully blessed day.

I'm excited to share ... but I'm not going to until this afternoon when I get back from the hardware store. heheheheheheeee

You truly are evil!!! :devil Hey Daytona!! BITE HER FINGER FOR ME! :turtle:rofl

Archived