Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These dishcloths are just FANTASTIC!! You Ladies sure do bring all kinds of inspiration!! Yesterday I was eager to get back online and start looking at patterns as it was so late the night before that I didn't have a look at those shared by Tam, and to my dismay my hard drive had died and I couldn't use it :(( thankfully, our 15th wedding anniversary is just coming up and hubby had been struggling for a gift idea...he went grocery shopping this morning and as well as groceries, he came back with a new laptop for me which has a crystal eye webcam and so he thought it would make the perfect anniversary gift (as the 15 year gift is crystal lol). Isn't he so sweet...and yep, I know I'm the luckiest Lady on earth to have him ;)

So the only cotton yarn I have on hand is the white stuff I used to make my string bags, so I'mm off to find some pretty colours to start crocheting.

Tam I LOVE your photos and suggestions, I love giving homemade gifts like this and your 12 point round ones are beautiful.

Cindy I love the heart shaped dishcloth and can understand why you've saved the pattern for working on. Very cool...am thinking I might just try something like that as a Valentine's Day gift for Hubby next year as he's the one that does all the dishes...maybe with some really good 'manly' hand cream to keep his hands from chapping ;) lol.

Debbie, your purple and white heart dishcloth is brilliant!

Ok, I'm off to ebay and a few other online shops to find my pretty cottons and will share when I get a few made up :D good luck to everyone with their crocheting/knitting.

I picked up this pretty Peaches and Cream Earthtone cone of cotton yesterday. I need to make some dishcloths for an upcoming birthday gift so here is the first one I crocheted using my open mesh magic dishcloth pattern.

I did use a different edging than in the original pattern. I crocheted the edging with a piece of creme colored cotton doing *Ch 3, Dc in same st, then skip 2 stitches and slip stitch into next st* and repeat between * to end.

post-10977-135897509034_thumb.jpg

Cindy and Debbie - I love your dishcloths! I love seeing the different colours and patterns everyone chooses.

Here is my latest dishcloth. It is done in a seed stitch, which I like because I like a solid dishcloth. This time in stripes :D

post-12231-135897509063_thumb.jpg

Cindy and Debbie - I love your dishcloths! I love seeing the different colours and patterns everyone chooses.

Here is my latest dishcloth. It is done in a seed stitch, which I like because I like a solid dishcloth. This time in stripes :D

[ATTACH]17241[/ATTACH]

Colleen -- I really like those two pink stripes in your dishcloth. :cheer Did you use scraps to work the patten? I have so many little scrap pieces and am trying to use them too. :D

Colleen -- I really like those two pink stripes in your dishcloth. :cheer Did you use scraps to work the patten? I have so many little scrap pieces and am trying to use them too. :D

Yes, this one has scraps in it. Sometimes I just throw together some scraps that sort of match to make a dishcloth and keep it for myself. They aren't my prettiest creations, but they work just the same. ;) The other thing you can do with scraps of cottons is create a little motif (a heart or flower, for example) and then just sew it onto a dishcloth. :yes

More great looking dishcloths everyone! I love seeing all the different cloths you all make. I hope to get started on a few in the next few nights. I'm going to pick up the ol' knitting needles and practice on dishcloths.

Wow, everyone has been busy~ all the cloths look great! :clap Tam, I love that jar idea. :manyheartColleenka, I like those two stripes in yours. I like ideas to use up scraps of cotton. :D Recycle Cindy thanks so much for putting your dishcloth link in. Now I have two cloths to catch up on. :hook and :knit Maybe I will make a cup of coffee and go dig out some dishcloth cotton right now...

I knitted the Window to my :heart dishcloth yesterday. I made a mistake in the middle garter stitch band. :blush I also *didn't* see that you are supposed to use size 10 needles, so I used 7's... Oh well. I still like it. It's probably going into my charity pile. :)

post-20-13589750973_thumb.jpg

My goodness…………. Has it been crazy around here… just with the boys and sports.. but then add dumb family drama… and it will drain a person!

First let me say thank you to all you lovely ladies for being so active here!!! WOW… what awesome dishcloths!

RecycleCindy… I love that heart cloth! Your open mesh cloth is really cool in that color!

Debbie… your heart one is way cool too!!!! I love that bright and cheery dishcloth set!!!!

:hi shelltel! Welcome and thanks for the compliment!

Oooooooooooooh….. Colleen… that cloth is COOL!

Tina………….. did you mention COFFEE ………. ME NEED MORE COFFEE! J your dishcloth came out great! Was the pattern okay? Was is easy enough to understand? I like the color you did it in!!! btw… there are no mistakes.. just character spots…. J

:heart

:mug

Yes, Tam, the pattern was very easy to understand. I am just brain dead half the time/got too much going on around me, can't concentrate... Need more coffee. :coffee:yes

Everyone dishcloths and coasters look great.

I have a question for you knitters if you don't mind. I have a friend who knitted a scarf and it curled right up, do you have a solution to keeping it uncurled? I know very little about knitting so I didn't know what to tell her other than I know where to ask.

Everyone dishcloths and coasters look great.

I have a question for you knitters if you don't mind. I have a friend who knitted a scarf and it curled right up, do you have a solution to keeping it uncurled? I know very little about knitting so I didn't know what to tell her other than I know where to ask.

Your friend may be knitting too tight. Moving up needle sizes may help.. or just being careful to keep her stitches lose.

if she has something that she already made that she wants to fix the curl... a nice row or two of sc around it would help!

:heart

:mug

Archived