Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You truly are evil!!! :devil Hey Daytona!! BITE HER FINGER FOR ME! :turtle:rofl

:turtle:vheart

:P Daytona loves his mommy.. he would never bite me......... :P

I'm new to all the excitement and will hafta go back to gain some knowledge ~smile~, but I've been on a dishcloth crazy and can't stop making the Quick Dry Dishcloth. It works up really fast and has become my favorite one!!! So I just wanted to check in with the dishcloth makers.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Hey there..... nice to have you pop in! And gosh.. thanks for sharing the pattern link! Cool Cloth!!!

Okay Tammy, its afternoon (almost evening here)...don't make me come out there!! :rofl

:whew............. OmGoodness.............. what a day!

started off relaxing with a manicure.... then off to get groceries... then the hardware store... then school to get boys... home for a quick bite to eat... off to baseball practice.................... I just got home an hour ago.

Hmm.... should I share my surprise yet tonight... or wait til tomorrow............ :D

:heart

:mug

I'm new to all the excitement and will hafta go back to gain some knowledge ~smile~, but I've been on a dishcloth crazy and can't stop making the Quick Dry Dishcloth. It works up really fast and has become my favorite one!!! So I just wanted to check in with the dishcloth makers.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Hello Sandi,

I haven't seen this dishcloth pattern before but am a fan of the little House in the Suburbs site. I find it's such a small world here on the Net at times with crafters. Thanks for sharing this pattern and I look forward to trying the pattern. (((Hugs))) to you! :hug

Okay... I'll share tonight.

Lets see how many of you see this post yet tonight... heheheheheeee

So... I dont know how many of you have heard or seen hook knitting... or as they call it on Raverly... 'knooking' but....... I had seen it and found it to be interesting ... but didnt really give it much thought because I know how to knit and crochet. Well......... as we have been sharing dishcloths... some of you are a bit bummed about not knowing how to knit... so I looked deeper into this hook knitting ... or knooking. I found that you actually can knit with your crochet hook.

This is the project I was working on yesterday.

YES... its really knitted with my crochet hook ..... look like a familar pattern Sue?

post-18634-135897517139_thumb.jpg

Well... this lead me to wanting to be able to have an extention tool to be able to alter my favorite hook to be able to knit.

Off to the hardware store I went ... and my trip was a success.

post-18634-135897517136_thumb.jpg

I can now alter my favorite hook temporarily to knit... then remove the extention and back to my crocheting! :yay

I'm working on a square now using Red Heart Super Saver. I'm going to make several in this Cornmeal color and several in a Burgandy color... sew them together to create a school color blanket with a Cougar 'Paw' on half the squares. :hook

Now... if anyone wants to learn... I will be happy to help!!!!

We can have a Mini CAL here in this thread with making a dishcloth using the hook knitting or knooking method!

That is WAY cool!!! I've really been wanting to try that knooking thing. Looks pretty cool!!! Is knooking a dishcloth faster than knitting a dishcloth?

Great job!!!

Julee

Thanks hon!

you know.... I find knitting to be faster than 'knooking' but ....... this is a fun technique... and is a great way for crocheters that dont knit to be able to create knitted items.

Tammy, have I told you lately I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug

Must know how, must know how!!! :clap

Now as for the hook, they do make one like what you have there. Check it out here. But I would love instructions on how you made yours!

Daytona, give Momma LOTS of kisses!!! :manyheart

After more research into the knooking hook I found that the hook I put a link to wouldn't work since the cord needs to be detachable (at least that's what the instruction blog for knooking said). So Tammy, we need to know how you made your's! PLEASE?

I'm tending to brownies and lasagna... let me get those settled... I'll be back shortly to share my secret.... :hook

Okay kids.................

here is a supply list for a knitting extention to a size I hook

Clear Vinyl Tubing 1/4" x .170"

3/16 Drill Hole all purpose anchors

18.2m Nylon blend cord

emery board(fingernail file)

scissors

post-18634-135897517179_thumb.jpg

Well.......... I need to get moving ..... so I cant spend too much time with written instructions on my knitting extention for a crochet hook....but I will share these pics now and explain later.

post-18634-135897517186_thumb.jpg

snip this open

post-18634-135897517189_thumb.jpg

thread cord through and tie knot in end

post-18634-135897517193_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897517195_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897517198_thumb.jpg

I was wandering around the house figuring out what supplies I needed for this knooking hook and I had the tubing, some electrical connectors and nylon string! Boy was I right on! The only thing I was missing was the hook! :lol I only have Clover soft touch or hooks WAY too big for doing this. You'd think the hook was the 1 thing I would have had! :rofl

Here are 3 dishcloths I made early this morning. Left to right: The first is Julee Reeve's Blue Ribbon Round Ripple Dishcloth, available for sale on ravelry and etsy. The solid color is a free pattern on Lily's Sugar 'n Cream site called Lily's Sugar 'N Cream Naturals Granny Dishcloth. The last one is also a free pattern on Mary Maxim's site #3621P Striped Dishcloth. The first and last were to be crocheted with "stripes" cotton but since I had none, I improvised with 2 colors. Pretty & useful!

post-36681-135897517222_thumb.jpg

I was wandering around the house figuring out what supplies I needed for this knooking hook and I had the tubing, some electrical connectors and nylon string! Boy was I right on! The only thing I was missing was the hook! :lol I only have Clover soft touch or hooks WAY too big for doing this. You'd think the hook was the 1 thing I would have had! :rofl

Gosh darn.... all you need is an I hook and you'd be set!

now I do use an emery board to file the tubing end that is on the hook.. to help the stitches slip off the hook onto the cording easier.

Here are 3 dishcloths I made early this morning. Left to right: The first is Julee Reeve's Blue Ribbon Round Ripple Dishcloth, available for sale on ravelry and etsy. The solid color is a free pattern on Lily's Sugar 'n Cream site called Lily's Sugar 'N Cream Naturals Granny Dishcloth. The last one is also a free pattern on Mary Maxim's site #3621P Striped Dishcloth. The first and last were to be crocheted with "stripes" cotton but since I had none, I improvised with 2 colors. Pretty & useful!

Omgoodness... arent those just the prettiest cloths.... wow... Nice job!

I love the RR dishcloths. Don't you find it cool but just changing the colors a bit, you end up with such beautiful color schemes? Love all your cloths! :cheer

Beautiful dishcloths.

I have an I hook, but none of the other stuff for making a knooking hook. Guess I'll have to go shopping one of these days.

DebraKay, I like your cloths. That Julee's RR is one of my favorites to do.

I crocheted the one Titus2Woman posted, last night. The Quick Dry Dishcloth. Just need to take a picture later today...

by CroJulee........... tested by me :hook

isnt this just an awesome design! I really like how this came out... Julee did it again... another great pattern!

post-18634-13589751774_thumb.jpg

by CroJulee........... tested by me :hook

isnt this just an awesome design! I really like how this came out... Julee did it again... another great pattern!

[ATTACH]18645[/ATTACH]

Oh what a lovely dishcloth and the colors are so pretty. I just love the yellow and white color scheme of that dishcloth in the RR. :cheer

Oh what a lovely dishcloth and the colors are so pretty. I just love the yellow and white color scheme of that dishcloth in the RR. :cheer

aww shucks.................... thanks!

Julee's design is really neat!

Archived