Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my back has been bugging me...worked with kids too long...wonder if they would be good with that...

I have a bad back too. It doesn't bother me when I wear them and walk a lot. They improve your posture.

:turtle:vheart

Have to admit I've been tempted by the shape ups...I work out 5 days a week (plyometrics, interval training, cardio, weights) but my butt could still use a bit of work - you know (lift!)...if changing my shoes could help I'd happily plop down the $100+...I'm just such a sceptic, but there's no way I'm adding any more squats, lunges or deadlifts into my routine - I'm tired!

Have to admit I've been tempted by the shape ups...I work out 5 days a week (plyometrics, interval training, cardio, weights) but my butt could still use a bit of work - you know (lift!)...if changing my shoes could help I'd happily plop down the $100+...I'm just such a sceptic, but there's no way I'm adding any more squats, lunges or deadlifts into my routine - I'm tired!

I bought them for my knee problems since I heard they can help and they did. The added benefit of toning my legs...just a bonus! I wear Nike sneaks anyhow so the $100 wasn't a shocker since I spend that much on those. I bought the Shape Ups in June and wear them everyday and they are holding up great!

I'm working on this set of coasters for my MIL - still have a couple to make:

[ATTACH]27228[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!

those are beautiful heather!

i can spend that much on sneakers also...since that is what i usually always wear anyway! i love crocs but i can't wear them while drving...they are too slippery!

last winter i bought some north face goretex hikers...so the shapeups are cheaper!

:rain... Good Morning kids...............

Well.. I have a gloomy day here today. Nice day to get some house work done... crocheting and sewing!

I walked up and down my stairs this morning several times... so to make up for not being able to go on my 2 mile walk.

Sue... thanks so much for the tips on the shoes!! I'll be doing some serious shoe shopping this weekend! Along with Football dinner for the team tonight... Football game tomorrow night... Double header Baseball game Sunday! :D

Heather........ those are beautiful Coasters.... Your mom-in-law is going to love them!!

okay... need more coffee

bbiab

have a good one all!

:heart

:mug

Hi ladies,I'm just getting my day started. I have been down a couple of days I injured my shoulder moving furniture, it has been so painful I can't crochet. :-( What a time to hurt it I was just starting to work on all my xmas gifts. I will be watching my mailbox who knows I might get something soon :-) It's been very exciting watching for my package. It's just like Christmas early hehehehe.

Well I better go find my place on the sofa and take it easy in hopes my arms gets better soon. Have a great day .

The coasters I just made up as I went along...

ch6, sl st to form ring, ch2

15dc in ring, join to top of ch2 = 16dc

ch2. *yo, insert hook in same st as ch2, yo, pull it through and pull loops up to the height of your ch 2 (see pic), do this one more time, yo and pull through all loops on hook. This forms the cluster Ch2, in next dc rep from *three times (you should be drawing your hook through 7 loops) continue around join with sl st to top of first cluster = 16 clusters, 16 ch2 spaces

post-15073-135897574967_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897574971_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897574976_thumb.jpg

sl st into ch2 sp. ch1, sc in same sp, ch3, *sc in next ch2 sp, ch3 rep from * around join with sl st to first sc = 16 ch3 sp

sl st into ch3 sp, ch1, sc in same sp,*in next ch 3 sp work: dc, picot (ch3, sl st in top of last dc [see pic]), dc, picot, dc, picot, dc, picot, dc = 5dc, 4 picots, sc in next ch3 sp, rep from * around joining to first sc with a sl st. break yarn, weave in ends.

post-15073-135897574979_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I am not very good at writing patterns...

The coasters I just made up as I went along...

ch6, sl st to form ring, ch2

15dc in ring, join to top of ch2 = 16dc

ch2. *yo, insert hook in same st as ch2, yo, pull it through and pull loops up to the height of your ch 2 (see pic), do this one more time, yo and pull through all loops on hook. This forms the cluster Ch2, in next dc rep from *three times (you should be drawing your hook through 7 loops) continue around join with sl st to top of first cluster = 16 clusters, 16 ch2 spaces

[ATTACH]27231[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27232[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27233[/ATTACH]

sl st into ch2 sp. ch1, sc in same sp, ch3, *sc in next ch2 sp, ch3 rep from * around join with sl st to first sc = 16 ch3 sp

sl st into ch3 sp, ch1, sc in same sp,*in next ch 3 sp work: dc, picot (ch3, sl st in top of last dc [see pic]), dc, picot, dc, picot, dc, picot, dc = 5dc, 4 picots, sc in next ch3 sp, rep from * around joining to first sc with a sl st. break yarn, weave in ends.

[ATTACH]27234[/ATTACH]

Sorry, I am not very good at writing patterns...

Whoa................ Thanks so much for sharing! :hug

I'll have to take some cotton with me when I go to get the boys from school and play around with this! :hook

:heart

:mug

:woo:woo:woo:jumpyay:jumpyay

Thank you tammy so much for my dishcloth swap. Beautiful mug dishcloth bouquet in purple varigated, so lovely. And the princess (my word) bag is so cute. I :manyheart everything.

:hug René

I forgot to take pictures of the dishcloths open, will do that tomorrow.

post-40103-135897575089_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897575093_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897575096_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897575099_thumb.jpg

Thank you tammy so much for my dishcloth swap. Beautiful mug dishcloth bouquet in purple varigated, so lovely. And the princess (my word) bag is so cute. I :manyheart everything.

Lucky you Rene'!!

Tammy, you need to show me how to make the dishcloth flowers! Hmmm...that tote looks familiar! :rofl

Very nice package! What a cute way to present dishcloths.

I just love the dishcloth flowers. Very special.

Archived