some things just shouldn't be crocheted...

Well, I'm more appalled that someone would actually pay $3.25 for the "pattern".

Hmm. Wonder if you need FDA approval.

That's interesting thought... if it needs approval. Probably not. However, I know there's gotta be some people out there that do use reusable tampons. I agree with everyone else so far though... yuck.

:clap for modern conviences?(spelling)when I was a teen we used homemade cotton pads:blush called rags,now you know where they get that old saying, now I'm showing my age:blush thank goodness thats passed!!!!:yes

Well, ewww. But back in the olden days, y'know, the, er, equivalent product was reusable cloth, right? But still, ewww.

Not just in the olden days, reusable cloth pads are very popular nowadays too.

I can't image crocheting my own tampons though but each to their own hey :)

I didn't go read the item, but what about Toxic Shock Syndrome? That alone would keep me from even considering making tampons that can be washed and used again. How would you know if you really have them clean enough? And if you have to bleach them to make sure ~ well yuk!

i would think that being crocheted, they would be uncomfortable to actually USE them. though, i can see using them as a very sick gag gift. (yes, im a bit warped in my humor)

Sandy

:eek:yuck:eek I bet it was a man who came up with this just so he would never have to go to the store again for his lady. Here I bought you some cottn yarn, just go crochet a box full. That's what went running through my head! LOLOL

I didn't go read the item, but what about Toxic Shock Syndrome? That alone would keep me from even considering making tampons that can be washed and used again. How would you know if you really have them clean enough? And if you have to bleach them to make sure ~ well yuk!

OMG! You are so right!

I can see "rags", but not something you put up inside yourself!

Ok, I use reusable cloth pads, but I would never use a reusable tampon...that is gross. Most "crunchy" women I know use the Diva Cup instead of tampons or pads altogether though.

Cloth pads are wonderful though...most users, including myself, have lighter, cramp-reduced periods as a result of making the switch. I use cloth diapers on my kids too. Not really a matter of being green, more a matter of hating to buy diapers every time I turn around (and with two in diapers, that can happen very frequently). The dipes and the pads have a pretty thorough washing process (and yes, I do use some bleach and don't consider it gross considering it gets rinsed and pales compared to the amount of bleach used to make disposable pads and tampons white).

I'm thinking the crocheted tampon is more of a novelty or joke. At least, I hope it is!

Archived