my DH's latest creation

Momcrochets

DH is an artist with thread too! But he does cross-stitch ;) This is one he made for his best friend (from a pattern he bought). He had a hard time giving it away though, as he loves wolves too :D He'll end up making a second (for us) eventually... :) his WIM list grows almost as quickly as mine!

(His Dad made the wooden frame)

post-7396-135897498548_thumb.jpg

Just had to brag on him :manyheart

post-7396-135897498558_thumb.jpg

That is truely stunning, I used to do some cross-stitch and the last project I completed was of an indian with a wolf's head at 1 shoulder and an eagle at the other shoulder with a verse and charms sown on, unfortunately I don't manage to get the peace needed to complete these types of projects now which is why I got into crochet and am loving it, but I also appreciate the amount of time and effort that goes into a project like that and can understand why you'd want to share and brag about his efforts :)

wow i love that.. I cross stich as well but have not done one in ages.. Can't find any at my walmart anymore and Jo anns and other craft stores are to far away. :(. I need to take it up again.. I want to Do a cross stich of my kids but i gotta buy the program frist :)

Cross Stitching was my first love :heart (until I learned to crochet doilies) and I must say that this is beautiful work of art!!:gallery The mat and frame sets it off perfectly!! You have the right to brag!! Your husband did a stunning job!! Congratulations!! :clap

Thank you, everyone! We love wolves, too (obviously). DH even spent significant time during college, supporting the effort to reintroduce wolves to Yellowstone.

(He's got the next project on frame, and well underway (another one that will take months, of course)...one that he used a found picture and a graphing program to make a pattern for. this next one we keep :D his WIM list will take him at least a year...and that's the "short list") He is an artist. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived