So did anyone receive crochet related gifts?

My husband surprised me with a bag of yarn from the LYS, sock yarn, hand dyed wool, and some baby alpaca. He put some new hooks and chibi needles in my stocking as well as a cute little sheepie tape measure. I also finally got to use the little handmade pottery pitcher I had picked out a few weeks ago to hold all of my hooks and the matching bowl to hold stitch markers.

My MIL gifted me 10 skeins of RHSS fleck in three different colors in a tote. :) Nice colors for an afghan (matches perfectly with my sofa), and should be enough to complete one. Of course she said "Now don't go making another blanket! Make something for yourself for once! You should make a shawl!" :lol Umm not that I'm a yarn snob, but if I do indeed make a shawl, I'm not going to use the yarn that my 13 y/o daughter has dubbed "carpet yarn". LOL

Happy Holidays everyone!

Not one darn thing! Now what's wrong with this picture??? Hmmmm. Don't get me wrong I got some wonderful gifts but, none were craft related.

i got a lovely basket from my stepdaughter with a yarn swift, 4 skeins of yarn, the book Chicks with Sticks, an afghan pattern book. My middle DD gifted me with 3 balls of different types of yarn from a LYS store in Philly. And today, I became a Shawl Lady--a beautiful red shawl from Elle. So, I did have a wonderful Christmas with the crochet-related gifts!!!!

Well Thanks to my hubby who gifted me with the new Electric yarn ball winder and I also received a lovely crochet wood hook from a special lady on the web who gifted me with the hook cause she say i am always thinking of others and even the furbabies so she said that its people like me that make the world a special place to live in..

I told her that there are many others in this world that work hard to make a difference in some ones life...

Then I also recieved from elfs crochet calendar one is day by day and the other is a a 2010 afghan calender...

Then i also received some cotton ww yarn and also pattern books but all from ville friends...

Then Today I recieved my lovely shawl from Elle its called BananaBerry its lovely...

So i've been blessed by friends ....

My family dont buy me yarns nor hooks even if i give them a wish list so i dont bother with them .....

hugs

My MIL came through for me this year! She got me an afghan kit that I wanted, a gift card to JoAnn's, two magazine subscriptions (Crochet! and Crochet Today) and a Leisure Arts booklet! I think she had trouble trying to figure out what to give me and figured that as long as she stuck to crochet things, she'd be OK. And she was right! I cleaned up! :lol

I was blessed with gifts of thread from my hubby and daughter. A total of 31 balls of DMC Thread. 16 balls of size 20 thread for a project I have in mind and a mix of colors and sizes for the rest. I was so pleased that they actually listened to what I truly wanted. But then they do know what makes me happy, A Crochet hook and some thread and I am content for hours.

I also got more pins for blocking and some needles for working in threads. So I am one happy lady. :hook

My nephew gave me a small make up bag with a tape measure, hook, yarn needles, yarn markers, counter and a skein of yarn. (ok, I bought them and gave them to him to give to me) I also got gift cards to A C Moore and Michaels

At the bottom of a big bag of gifts for me and hubby from my Mum & Dad were 10 skeins of yarn :clap in two shades of purple, my favourite colour :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

and then later I was thrilled to unwrap a stitch dictionary "handbook of crochet stitches by Betty Barnden" from my oldest son & his gf :crocheting:manyheart

My big sister (I have to call her that because her birthday is just before Christmas, so now she's even older than me! :lol) gave me a lighted 6 mm crochet hook and extra batteries (and she accidentally sent me the batteries for the hook she bought Mom, so now I have plenty of batteries for it). I used it yesterday to edge a fleece blanket, and it wasn't heavy at all, as I thought these might be.

Patty

How sweet of your hubby! That was such a thoughtful gift! I didn't get anything craft/crochet related except on our last shopping adventure before Christmas I was checking out a couple craft stores pattern books and my husband said you better be buying one of those for yourself since you NEVER buy anything for you! I did buy a one pattern book :)

I received a gift card from Hobby Lobby. And I just checked the paper and they have Knitting and Crochet impliments on sale for 40% off. So you know where I am heading after my workout tomorrow.

I also received a set of Zepher circular needles from Knitpicks. So I can't wait to try them out.

:manyheart

My Husband got me 5 Yarn Dots and I love those dearly.

And the shocker was the box of Valdani Threads he got the Forest Canvas Collection Set. There are 12 little spools of thread in the box--colors of the Forests. He knew where to buy it cause back in middle of November I had order some browns I needed for the fall Doily I am crocheting on, and he heard me talking about the magazine--catolag, in it has all the sets where he saw the Forest collection. And all their other threads.

I love the Forest Canvas Collectiuon set! :c9 I love my Christmas Gift.

Be nice if they made the thread in size 10's :yes.

I did!!! I did!!!! Jimbo Claus heard I had been a good girl this year. He sent me a Jimbo Hook size K. I just love it. It's so much fun to crochet with too. Ohhhh!!!! I really was blessed this Christmas.

Well Thanks to my hubby who gifted me with the new Electric yarn ball winder and I also received a lovely crochet wood hook from a special lady on the web who gifted me with the hook cause she say i am always thinking of others and even the furbabies so she said that its people like me that make the world a special place to live in..

I told her that there are many others in this world that work hard to make a difference in some ones life...

Then I also recieved from elfs crochet calendar one is day by day and the other is a a 2010 afghan calender...

Then i also received some cotton ww yarn and also pattern books but all from ville friends...

Then Today I recieved my lovely shawl from Elle its called BananaBerry its lovely...

So i've been blessed by friends ....

My family dont buy me yarns nor hooks even if i give them a wish list so i dont bother with them .....

hugs

Well I'm not the only one got an electric yarn winder tell me how do you like your electric yarn winder moomoo. I also got got crochet lite hooks and a duplicate hook now I think I want to have another set of lite hooks what do you all think :thinkhmmmmm?:D

My big sister (I have to call her that because her birthday is just before Christmas, so now she's even older than me! :lol) gave me a lighted 6 mm crochet hook and extra batteries (and she accidentally sent me the batteries for the hook she bought Mom, so now I have plenty of batteries for it). I used it yesterday to edge a fleece blanket, and it wasn't heavy at all, as I thought these might be.

Patty

Patty those light hooks are awesome you will want plenty more. Love love them :lol

Archived