C’ville December 2009 Tote

Tampa Doll

Mary Jo - I may use my fat quarters and make a lining for the bag, too - I've done that before. It's never a perfect job, since I usually eyeball it, but it works. :lol

I'll probably get to it after Christmas.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mary Jo - I may use my fat quarters and make a lining for the bag, too - I've done that before. It's never a perfect job, since I usually eyeball it, but it works. :lol

I'll probably get to it after Christmas.

Ok I have seen this term here before, and I do not know what it means. What are fat quarters? I thought quarters only came in one size.

As I tell everyone who gets a bag, if you line it or not, that is totally up to you. I avoid sewing at all cost.:devil

Ok I have seen this term here before, and I do not know what it means. What are fat quarters? I thought quarters only came in one size.

As I tell everyone who gets a bag, if you line it or not, that is totally up to you. I avoid sewing at all cost.:devil

Fat quarters are squares of material precut to a standard size. Mine are 18 by 21 inches. Whenever I see animal prints or something bright I'm like a kid in a candy store and have to get it!:lol But that's all the sewing I do - has to be in a straight line or it doesn't get done. Back in the day when DH lost some weight my mom showed me how to alter his suits, so I can do that - but now will usually send them out.

I'd rather :crocheting

Have a good week, everybody! I'll be around to cheer on the next tote bag:)

Congratulations Judiann. I think Tampa Doll aka Mary Jo picked the perfect person for this month's bag lady. It fits you to a tee - the colors of the Polish flag, your birthday in December, and your wedding anniversary in December. Perfect, just perfect. :woo

:jumpyay

Yeah Judianne! :cheer:cheer

It seems Mary Jo has made the perfect choice again this month.

Heres a :bday and a Happy Anniversary :flower to go along with my congrats.

Judy, I saw your signature line this A.M. and had to check out what a peppermint swirl tote 44 was. Now I know and it is terrific!

Mary Jo, your work is outstanding. :yes

Isn't it? The pictures don't do it justice:hook

Judianne, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome to the Bag Lady Club!! You're going to LOVE your tote! Its capacity for holding yarn is practically endless! Just when you think it's full you find that you can STILL get another skein or two in there! Enjoy it!!!

Archived