C’ville December 2009 Tote

Tampa Doll

December is just a couple of days away and our hearts and minds are turned to Christmas.

Cookies, fruitcakes, pies and cakes are being made. Homes are being decorated and we are wrapping packages for family and friends.

I came back to the candy theme for this month, as how can you celebrate Christmas or December without thinking of certain kinds of candy.

Our new bag is called Peppermint swirl. Now how can you celebrate the holiday with out some peppermint candy and I think of candy canes and the little peppermint swirl candies, that hung in the tree and were found in our stockings.

The color of the bag is of course Red with Peppermint swirl handles and outline. The pocket is white with red lettering. Is that a peppermint swirl design on the pocket? The yarn used is Peaches and Cream and Sugar and Cream for the bag. America’s Best for the pocket.

As you can see in the picture I have a beautiful table runner and placemats. They were sent to me by Crochetluvknot. She made them in my favorite color and they have snowmen and such on them. They will grace my table at meal times, (If Tampa Guy lets me eat with them on the table) for the month of December.

Lots of pictures to go with this bag, and a special picture of the making of the pocket (much more complicated than others) along with a picture of Tampa Guy with it.

post-105-135897477197_thumb.jpg

Oh and before you go looking for the table, remember when I post the table my decorating is done. It is the last thing I decorate, so it will be a while before it is posted.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all.

post-105-135897476906_thumb.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! What a great bag for the holiday season. Now I just have to go get some peppermint candy canes to go with my peppermint tea. This bag is really going to put a huge smile on someones face for the holidays. I can't wait to see who the lucky lady will be. This is definately one of my favorite bags. Perfectly peperminty.:candycane

Tampa Guy - I believe too.:ctree

OMG! Red...my fav...:c9 And Tampa Guy came out of hiding!:lol

I make graph ghans, so I appreciate the many bobbins you worked with. When I get on a "roll" so to speak, I can really move fast, though - I wonder if you've had the same experience.

It's truly beautiful...and will certainly make the recipient feel all warm inside...as warm as the color you made the tote with.

You're a blessing to many:hug

Thank you for the compliments. I wanted to hold this off till after Turkey Day, but I also want it to get to it's new home by Dec 1 if I can. So that means shipping by Friday.

judianne - I find with all the bobbins I have worked with, it does go faster than using the full balls of thread. I usually work with 3 bobbins for the pockets, but this time I went with ?????? well we can count.

Yeah Tampa Guy is usually behind the camera. This time I made him sit in front.:D

Now off to see who I am sending it to:think

Wow, Mary Jo!!! You sure know how to light up Christmas; your December Tote is the best!!! -Perfectly pepperminty and perfect for the Christmas holidays. -Wonderful! (I think this one is my most favorite yet, though I'm sure that won't be the last time I say that about your wonderfully themed monthly creations! lol )

Best wishes to you and yours for a Happy Thanksgiving!

:mdustI believe too. *jing-a-ling*

Well, here I go again. I will be on pins and needles for days again. I just love peppermint candy and this bag sure makes me think of it. You did a wonderful job as always Tampa Doll. Loved all the pictures also. Including the one of Santa's helper.

Archived