In October I will

fc1123

Ok this thread is about making a list of WIPs that you would like to finish in October.Then you report back as you are working on crossing the items off your list. You get a :cheer when you complete an item along with that great feeling of knowing you finished something. We love to hear about and see finished projects! So good luck all I'll be hosting again

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started two projects this week that I would like to finish in October and I have a gift for DH to start while he is away at a professional conference.

So, in October I will....

Make Tardis Pencil cup for Dh's desk at work

Finish the first of two comfort packs for my friend for Christmas

Finish (?) the round ripple I have started for the Elementary school auction.

I love this idea...

In October I will...

:yarn Finish putting all those saltines together for my School Bus Cuddle

:yarn Finish the Giant Rectangle Granny for my BFF's DD

:yarn Make those repairs to my DS's Granny Ghan I've been promising to fix

:yarn Go get my stash out of storage from the move.

:yarn Find the Snowflake Ghan peices - also somewhere in storage

:yarn At least attempt to learn how to do that ripple pattern I found, lol

(I'm a chicken...anything that doesn't work similarly to a granny, I stay

away from cause I'm really bad at not missing a stitch...but I CAN DO

IT!! :yes )

*Finish Mom's purse.

*Finish 2 baby blankets.

*Finish baby blanket for nephew due in Dec.

*Start Christmas snowflake ornaments.

*Start Christmas swap items.

*Work on Mom's birthday afghan (Jan 6)

Here is my to do list. I'm sure it will be added to and modified throughout the month.

Hello :) I'm in again! Her is my list. May change a bit between now and the first but I am betting not much. :lol

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan (99% complete)on rnd 7 (half way through round)of 9 border rnds

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (cast on ribbing done working on midsection/butt area)

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (second one cast on and ribbing done)

5. Make boy baby blanket

Okay, here goes:

In October I will finish

All the baby items for my great grandson who is to be born by c-section in November.

1. bib w/teddy bear

2. booties - 1 pair Christmas booties and a hat done 10/6

3. scratch mitts - 1 made, 1 to go - 10/6

4. sweater to go - isn't going to happen 10/6

5. crayola rr

6. Tote for a swap on another site - done 10/10/09

A minimum of 15 hats and booties for Lil Troopers to send - 10 hats done - 1 pair booties 10/6

Did a test tote that I wasn't planning on doing and didn't have on my list that I started yesterday and finished :crocheting today - needs lining

Would love to finish my V-stitch afghan, but don't see that happening until all the GGS baby clothes are made, so trying to be realistic *LOL*

They Call Me Bean ... do I know you? I call one of my relatives bean!

Hee Hee!

I'm sure you can do that ripple! Give it a try, there are plenty of people here to go to for advice.

:lol I used to chat in a parenting chat room in Yahoo :compute forever ago and my SN was Jellybean...It got shortened to Bean and kinda stuck. I am trying the ripple as soon as I get my hands on my stash, lol. It's the simplest pattern I can find that doesn't leave holes... My DS want's to know when I'm gonna make something without all the holes.. He says his toes get stuck :rofl

Well I thought of my list for October it goes something like this to add:

1. weave in ends to dad's hat for his birthday even though he says he's not celebrating it I told him though that whatever age he decides to be he will still have a birthday

2. Then finish the scarf for his birthday and for the scarf of the month

3. finish making the waffles add butter and syrup to them

4. Then make a beanie in jamaican colors for the neighbor he'll give me the money for the yarn to make the hat.

5. Work on the lamb for the oldest daughter for Christmas

6. Then I'll try to finish the blanket for the middle daughter for Christmas

And you all are welcome I had fun with the first two and I'm having even more fun hosting this one.

NNNOOOOOOO! I didn't get it all done in September~LOL! I guess some will carry over, and I'll mark finished items in red:

1.) Finish the bunting I started to match a bonnet and booties I've made.

2.) Finish the kimono wrap I started to match a hat and cowgirl booties I've made.

3.) Make some more infant hats.

4.) Make hat, soaker, and bootie set in RH Monet.

5.) Methinks I'm gonna need some more soakers!

6.) HIGHEST PRIORITY: Make two pregnant woman forms and two dishcloths as gifts for my midwife and her assistant.

7.) Diaper bag~will this happen? I'll probably carry around a Wal-mart plastic grocery bag for a while~LOLOL!

8.) Make some baby legs... Have seen a link using knee socks and am considering this over crochet....

9.) Make hats for Hazel and I in the same yarn as Frances's bonnet.

10.) Make 2 baby earflap hats w/ matching booties for friends ~washing them up today!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi

My October (OMG- is it October already????) projects:

1- baby blanket for friend's daughter in law who is due in January- having a girl.

2-finish red/white/blue afghan for charity.

If I can complete these I will be SOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!

List for October...hmmmm:

I've just learned a baby bootie pattern and will be making booties and matching hats for the nursery at a large hospital here in town.

Finish the baby blanket I started on last week and donate it to the nursery as well.

Perhaps make several adult/kids hats for Warming Families.

OMG!!! I forgot to add the most important thing!! My Ds's hook for his pirate costume for holloween. He would shoot me for that! :lol

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan (99% complete)on rnd 7 (half way through round)of 9 border rnds

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (cast on ribbing done working on midsection/butt area)

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (second one cast on and ribbing done)

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook

Ah, I found this thread! :D

For this month:

1. My mother's Winter Lace afghan. (High Priority - (40% done))

2. Finish one market bag (Handles need to be fixed, sewing work)

3. Do at least 4-5 LTK squares. (1 square per week) (6 DONE!) :check

If I have time,

4. Do at least 3 repeats more on a shoe rug.

5. Do 18 tiles on my weight loss afghan (tunisian crochet). (5 tiles so far)

6. Do the sensation blanket until two skeins ran out. (Blanket use 2 strands through the body)

I could try to finish the shoe rug, rug mesh included. But I don't want to push myself hard with the new job starting in few days.

OK. I worked up a small sample of the ripple ghan and after threee attempts, I GET IT!! :cheerI'm so excited!!! Now I just have to go dig my stash out of storage.....or I could make a shopping trip:2nono....then again, I'd like my Husband to continue speaking to me so maybe not, lol.

I'm making a lot of progress on the Giant Rectangle Granny.. It's been chilly lately and I love working on something large that I can snuggle under.:yes

The Quilt Ghan is another matter entirely. I used the ends I left to connect the saltines in rows, but now I have to find the rest of the yarn to connect the rows... :yuck

OK. I worked up a small sample of the ripple ghan and after threee attempts, I GET IT!! :cheerI'm so excited!!! Now I just have to go dig my stash out of storage.....or I could make a shopping trip:2nono....then again, I'd like my Husband to continue speaking to me so maybe not, lol.

I'm making a lot of progress on the Giant Rectangle Granny.. It's been chilly lately and I love working on something large that I can snuggle under.:yes

The Quilt Ghan is another matter entirely. I used the ends I left to connect the saltines in rows, but now I have to find the rest of the yarn to connect the rows... :yuck

It's been getting chilly here too. For once I am glad to have so many afghan to work on. I thought at least they will keep me warm as I work on them.

I haven't posted in one of these but I'm hoping if I do then maybe I will finish some projects faster because I feel like I have more motivation from all of my new Crochetville family... :)

In October I hope to:

Weave in all the ends to my sons afghan (he's 8 weeks old).

Weave in the ends to his beanie I just finished.

Make a beanie for my friends newborn.

Make new socks for my husband cuz he wore out last years pair.

Try to finish the afghan I'm remaking because like someone else had said there are too many holes in mine, and the colors match my husbands socks. :)

Line the messenger bag I made about 6 months ago.

I would also like to get the Sweetheart Ripple Afghan pattern and the yarn so I can start on that after I finish my other afghan.

I also want to find a good diaper bag pattern.

I know there is more I need to do but I can't think of it.

I'm glad to be back for October. Here is the September list updated. I added a scarf to it for the Scarf Swap. I had planned to get the Afghan done but didn't happen so it and the cardigan are back for October. I really do need to get more of those Mitts done too.

So here we go:

In September October I will:

1. Finish the Monet Pineapple Afghan - 24 squares, 14 Done.

2. Finish cardigan for Chrissy, my daughter-in-law. I now have the back and both fronts joined and started on the sleeves. I decided that instead of doing them separately and then having more seams to do :irk (don't like seaming), I would just crochet them on. It's working out well and looks good.

3. Scarf for scarf swap.

4. More Ice Scraper Mitts for quick presents.

Archived