In October I will

fc1123

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, October is fast ending, so I guess that I just want to finish the jacket for my sister's b'day (it was in May, but I was sick, so I'm forgiven for the lateness) but I have to get it done, because Mom's b'day is this month, and her jacket is finished!

an hour to do a round on the ripple? how big is it?

I did a great job today...3/4 on my camo baby afghan, finished off 3 sets of potholders (need to buy cotton for two more sets)

Hi ladies.Hope everybody had a good day.

fc123~Love the hat & scarf.:yay

ratdog~Good for you. Slow & steady.:turtle

smith~Whoohoo:clap

JanineW~You can do it.:cheer

Today's update.:crocheting

5more rows on afghan & 1 wristie done.

*finish granny ripple (on row 72 of 83)

*5 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (2/5 done, 3rd started)

*5 sets matching wristies (1/10 done, 2nd started)

*finish dh scarf(1/3 done)

NOOOOOOO!!!! (Running to tackle NikiG)

Don't start browsing the 'ville looking for patterns!

It is dangerous!

S-l-o-w-l-y back away from the keyboard ...Save yourself and your WIM list before it is too late!

Felt your tackle... I didn't look around too much I'm gonna try to finish my list...thanks so much you saved me!! :D

I keep coming in and reading in here thought I should post my update. :) Looks like everyone is doing great at making some progress. :)

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan (99% complete)on rnd 8 of 9 border rnds

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (on first leg)

4. Finish baby legs for dd

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook

:yay :yay:cheer:clap:c9:hook I am sooooo happy!! I finally finished the pink patchwork afghan!! :clap:c9

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (on first leg)

4. Finish baby legs for dd

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook

:yay :yay:cheer:clap:c9:hook I am sooooo happy!! I finally finished the pink patchwork afghan!! :clap:c9

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:cheer:cheer good job!! :yay:woo

thats how i felt when I finished my son's afghan... :c9

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. My hub is recovering from hip replacement and is going back to work next week. His doc removed most restrictions and he has been restless, so we spent the weekend walking all over the place -- the beach, the neighborhood, walking the dogs (I got the badly behaved one, she likes to be first -- runs ahead, turns and sees the others are behind so runs to them to tell them to catch up, then runs ahead again!!! Boy did I get a workout!:devil That's my puppy, the little devil!

Well, it seems that everyone has accomplished a lot. I, however, have things to add, since I realized that WIP completed means complete! So, I have a scarf that I need to work in ends (interlocking circles and all ends are still loose), buttons and pressing to be done on mom's jacket, ends to be worked in on lace motif jacket for step-daughter (Filatura de Crosa Superior pattern -- came out beautiful except for all those loose ends)

Main project -- "Lil" sister's jacket: still having problems getting pieces to fit, and I've made this jacket before so I don't get where the problem is except that the one I made for "littlest" sis was XL and this one is 3XL. Maybe it's that the back pieces are stretching too much because they are so large??? I keep putting it aside and picking it back up again, and then get so frustrated, I find something else to do -- like I made myself a hat (well, it is getting cold, and now that I have short hair, I really need it), and started a new sweater for myself (well, I did have a lot of yarn left from "littlest" sis' jacket)...

By the way, the quotes are because all my sisters are younger in age, but much bigger in size. I'm the runt-- 5'2" and 104, but two youngest sisters are over 5'10" and have shoulders wider than dad's. Mom says it's because the best things come in small packages, but I think it's because I grew up in the city, and they grew up in the country (all that fresh air!)

Well, keep on with the good work and thanks for all the :) I got from reading your posts.

Hello all. You are all just cruisin' along today.

9 more rows on afghan, another scarf, 1 earwarmer & another wristie done.

*finish granny ripple (on row 81 of 83)

*5 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (2/5 done)

*5 sets of matching wristies (2/10 done)

Congrats :cheer Goofy! It is a dark, damp day here and DT (the hub) is achy -- too much walking this weekend, I think -- so I am going to work on my nemesis. Woke up way too late. Mike (the kid) had to get himself off to school. He's 17, so it's ok, but I like to see him off in the morning even though he leaves at 7:00. Will let you know tonight if I was finally able to finish this jacket.

Getting behind in my goals. Finished weaving ends in babyghans, only ten 6x9 rectangles, gauge swatch and started online hemp tote class using bright orange omega nylon cording. Son's family of five moves in today. Moving container arrived yesterday and they hope to be on the road to Nebraska by the twenty-second. I'll be going over today to help pack and bring perishables home. Have about an hour of quiet time this morning am looking forward to crocheting to relax and distract my mind from their move.

Hi again. Yikes!:ohdear Dad just called. He and Mom are coming to visit. Today! Well, it takes them 4 hours to get here, so I have some time, but the house hasn't really been cleaned since my son's wedding -- exactly a year ago today. I was sick for 8 or 9 mos. then DT wasn't too well and couldn't help (although, truly, I haven't totally recovered from my surgery yet and so have been letting things slide cuz I just don't really feel all that strong [don't tell DT]). And here I am venting:eek. Well, wish me luck. Have to clean the house, put buttons on Mom's b'day present and wrap it, start dinner (braising lamb shanks -- takes long). At least DT is feeling well enough to do the shopping. But sooo happy to see Mom and Dad :clap:manyheart:yay:hug:clap:manyheart:manyheart Haven't seen them since early August.

Good evening all. Slight change in plans. Didn't like the earwarmer I came up with so just going with scarfs & wristies.

Body of afghan is done & I'm on first round of trim.

*finish granny ripple (on round 1/4 of trim)

*5 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (2/5 done)

*5 sets of matching wristies (2/10 done)

Finished last piece of dreaded jacket. Hope to put all together tomorrow as weather is supposed to be bad and only other thing I have to do is grocery shopping.

Wove in ends of Mom's scarf this a.m. and gave it to her before she left. She really loved it! It is interlocking circles with a hdc border around. Looks posh, but is probably not too warm!

Keep up the good work everyone!:applause

My mother give the blanket a go. When I show it to her, I don't realize how short it was. I totally forgot that I frogged it and redo it. :lol It's actually about 40%, not 75% done as I thought. :blush

My plan changed a bit: I might continue with the October list. I think I can get mom's blanket done, then market bag and tiles on weight loss afghan. I don't think I can do the rest of the list.

I am done with LTK project for now. I plan to do 5 more squares for November. :)

Re-edit my list back on page 2 on this thread.

I avoided mom's afghan like a plague. :blush

Instead, I work on tunisian blanket and sensation blanket. I will work on mom's afghan this weekend, starting tomorrow! ;)

I bought more stuff for Xmas gifts, three jester hats. I will start them, probably in November. :yes

I am going to work on the list, bit by bit in turns, and see if it works. I will do it tomorrow.

Archived