In October I will

fc1123

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hi, Chrissie!

It's nice to "see" you!

you are back for the winter, does that mean your restaurant is seasonal?

You were missed around here! :hug

Thank you!! :manyheart feels good to be back. Yes the restaurant was seasonal, but i actually haven't been working there since July :blush...looooong story. But have been busy with other things...new man, moved down the street, getting settled, and now 2 babies on the way!! So I gotta get some :crocheting motivation from you guys to get my projects done. :hook

October is going to be a difficult month with lots of distractions. We are probably having DS's family of 5 move in with us temporarily as they get their house ready to rent and make a move across country...we may be helping with the drive. Will take my crocheting with me as usual.

Make at least one 6 x 9 HAP rectangle per day (5 done)

Weave ends on four baby 'ghans

Complete online crochet class for Hemp Tote

Send off my Shawl Swap project (done yesterday)

Toe Up Socks for me (2 pair)

DD Shawl for work

Wow, I just finished another LTK today! First for me, a LTK square in one day. :dance

Tomorrow, I will start up another LTK. I am on the fire! :lol

See ya all next week. I will bring the Lacy Winter Afghan this weekend so mom can make a decision about it.

O.K. UPDATE!!!

In October I will...

:yarn Finish putting all those saltines together for my School Bus Cuddle -about 1/4 finished

:yarn Finish the Giant Rectangle Granny for my BFF's DD - only have maybe 10 rows left

:yarn Make those repairs to my DS's Granny Ghan I've been promising to fix

:yarn Go get my stash out of storage from the move. - DONE!!!

:yarn Find the Snowflake Ghan peices - also somewhere in storage - done, but still missing hte pattern and I have no idea what hook I was using :(

:yarn At least attempt to learn how to do that ripple pattern I found, lol - done. I worked up a swatch and TA-DA!!! It actually made sense to me, lol

Thank you!! :manyheart feels good to be back. Yes the restaurant was seasonal, but i actually haven't been working there since July :blush...looooong story. But have been busy with other things...new man, moved down the street, getting settled, and now 2 babies on the way!! So I gotta get some :crocheting motivation from you guys to get my projects done. :hook

congrats on the new place, the new man, and Wait... 2 babies?

I'll :kick and light a :fire for you, if you do the same for me! :rofl

:hug

I know what you mean, RatDog! I have been wondering about LTK for the longest time... I am glad that you asked it, so we will know! :wink:lol

I love the ":pigs"! I had never heard that one, although it's how I roll! Speaking of which, I guess I should add an item to my October list... count my :piggies!

Alright I am feeling stupid!

First it was PIGS

Now LTK?

Learn To Knit?

Lost The hooK?

Like The Kids?

I was wondering the same thing what ltk meant glad you brought that up

In October

I want to complete the Debbers Teardrop and have it in the mail to my mom 75% Completed :yayI completed it yeah yeah yeah

I want to complete the cubed section of a special order afghan. 2/3% completed :yayI completed it yeah yeah yeah

Complete a new design for a shawl In my head already :think Did not make this one 2 out of 3 for October not bad to start...

LTK are lean to knit. There is an afghan by that name made up of squares that are all knit in different patterns using differnt skills. I know alot of gals over in the sky cal are doing them.

My update...

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan (99% complete)on rnd 9 of 9 border rnds

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (on the inseam/start of legs area)

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (six inches done on second one)

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook everything is made just need to put it together and weave in ends

I haven't touch anything this week......:think I really don't know what is wrong with me. I have several projects with a timeline.

I have done NOTHING since Sunday (or was it Saturday?)

I will add a round to the round ripple tonight! Maybe two- but let's not get crazy!

Soory, no crochet tonight. I have a splitting headache. Haven't slept well the last two nights.

Soory, no crochet tonight. I have a splitting headache. Haven't slept well the last two nights.

yeah I haven't done too much crocheting myself and probably not tonight when chopping up my veggies for the stir fry my wrist started to inflame so now I must take a break from crochet I don't want to aggravate it some more

Yes, Goofy is correct.

LTK = Learn to Knit. There is a book where a person learn many different techniques with each square that is knitted. Once this person finished the afghan, the person will learn good knitting skills. Some ladies in The sky thread, included myself are doing it as a KAL. Although, it's on hold until 2010. I am doing squares for my own personal goal. :)

I am about half done with this LTK square. I hope to finish it by tomorrow night.

........and Wait... 2 babies?

I'll :kick and light a :fire for you, if you do the same for me! :rofl

:hug

Thanks!! I think I'm gonna need it!! But let me clear this up so nobody thinks they are MY babies!! Baby #1 is due Nov 9th and is my friend's dd's first child (she is only 18 and struggling...living with her bf at his sister's house, for now) and Baby #2 is due Oct 30th and is another friend's son's gf (whew) who is having their 2nd child (first child is only 14 mths old) and they are struggling as well.

The ami doll is for the 14 mth old, the baby set is for baby #1 and the 2nd bonnet is for baby #2.

These kids having babies has been quite the popular thing around here lately....so sad.

The laundry sock bag (baby#1) is what i'm working on now. I'm making two granny style squares with that DMC Senseo in lime, orange, pink, turquiose and white - got one side almost done. Then another side, then stitch the 2 together. Havent' started the booties or bonnets yet. Baby #1 got alot of blankies already, some crocheted, and baby #2 has plenty blankies too.

Sounds like you are plenty busy, Chrissie.

RatDog - I hope your :headache is feeling better today

Smith- I hope your funk leaves soon... and that you can get back on track.

fc1123 - i hope your wrist is better today.

:hi, AundieMolina, NeedleArts & fritzerbear!

Wow, TheyCallMeBean... your hooks are smokin', girl! :yay

Thanks, tahlara and goofy for solving the LTK mystery!:lol... LTK is something on my list of WIM's, but I probably won't get to it now until after Christmas.

I am in a funk of funks... I can't stop being tired. I am hoping that this long weekend I will be able to play catch up on :crocheting instead of :sleep. :blush

Update: Did a LTK square, did few rows on 6th LTK square. Re-edited on my post, page 2 #17 post.

I will bring mom's afghan this weekend, so I will work on it for few days.

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan (99% complete)on rnd 9 of 9 border rnds

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (on the first leg)

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (four rounds of ribing left)

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook :cheer:yay:clap:c9

I am a finished master this week!! :lol now if my DD's fever is just teething this will continue. I am super scared as my dh had possible H1N1 last week and we think he got it from our DS who was home sick with all the same symptoms except body aches, the week before. Although my DS is a non-compainer when he is sick. He had influenza A two years ago and instead of complaining just kept telling us that he would be ok. What a trooper!! :yes

Archived