In October I will

fc1123

Hello all.

Today's update.:crocheting

Afghan is done, I just need to work in ends.

*granny ripple work in ends

*5 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (3/5 done)

*5 sets of matching wristies (2/10 done)

*2 striped scarfs for nephews (1/2 done)

*finish dh scarf(1/3 done)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my camo baby afghan! It's a simple v-stitch but its so cute. It's Redheart and I need to find a way to soften it up a tad.

I still have yet bought yarn for my last two sets of dishcloths. My hours are weird so I can never get in there during the week.

I'm putting the granny-ghan on the back burner for now. I am trying to use up scraps to get the last one done.

Hi all! Put together 6/16 pieces on lil sis jacket, then took a break. The back is made up of 5 pieces - 2 upper back, 3 lower back. When 1st put together, they bunched up in a most unattractive lump that would have been in the middle of sis' butt! Reworked more loosely, but now my 5 points don't entirely come together symetrically. Will try to "top stitch" when done to make a more even appearing join.

Have 2 scarves going for DT. One is curling up terribly. It is made of a worsted weight yarn and is heavily cabled. Am using an I hook, but maybe I need to switch to something larger to prevent curling. The other (same pattern) is 70/30 angora/wool, probably sock weight and is not bunching up (using H) hook. Problem is, I think angora is too feminine for a man. What do you all think about that?

I finished my camo baby afghan! It's a simple v-stitch but its so cute. It's Redheart and I need to find a way to soften it up a tad.

I still have yet bought yarn for my last two sets of dishcloths. My hours are weird so I can never get in there during the week.

I'm putting the granny-ghan on the back burner for now. I am trying to use up scraps to get the last one done.

If you wash the blanket and use fabric softener it will get softer. I made my DD a baby blanket with RHSS and the washing really helped. :yes

Okay I finished the socks for my husband, he already wore them OUTSIDE, and they got dirty already, I can't keep up with him... :)

I'm working on my own version of the H bag, I'm using regular granny squares and I joined them using the continuous join method, all I have left to do is line it. I will point pictures when I'm done with it. :)

post-30262-135897462421_thumb.jpg

The socks look very cozy!

I have Officially finished the two comfort packs for my friend who is a real 'pain' to buy for.

I made the flax seed inserts today. I hand sewed them - double seamed - because I just knew that it would be faster than trying to set up and figure out how to thread the sewing machine!!!!

Anyway, one more gift Complete!

Way to go ladies!! The socks look really comfy!

I got the first leg of the longies done up to seven inches. I need to get up to eight and a half. Almost done with the first leg. :) I am also on the fith round on the name. I just may finish them both by the end of the month. :yay

I LOVE the H bag! It make the perfect helmet bag too! I've got to get started on mine since the winter has already hit here.

I started a MAM blanket yesterday, I don't know why. I finished 3 baby hats too which I have no idea where they are going either. They are just fun to make I guess.

I LOVE the H bag! It make the perfect helmet bag too! I've got to get started on mine since the winter has already hit here.

I started a MAM blanket yesterday, I don't know why. I finished 3 baby hats too which I have no idea where they are going either. They are just fun to make I guess.

I just finished my first H bag, I need to do some finishing touches, but the design is so fun to make.

What is a MAM blanket??

I don't like making baby hats, unless you have a good pattern?? I have an 11 week old...I've only made one hat for him

Wow! You ladies are really crocheting up a storm! The weather has been gloomy, and I feel bored:sigh with everything I have going. So I came up with a new project!:eek Like I really needed one! I've decided that in memory of my MIL I will design and make soft cuddly camis for her daughters (there are only 3 of them) for Xmas. Thinking of using cashmere/silk. I got the idea while thinking of her and what I would have made for her this year if she were with us. Last year, we searched all the stores for really soft undershirts for her to wear under her clothes for an extra layer of warmth. Never did find anything appropriate. So... there was the :idea for my new project.

Almost finished with DTs wool scarf. Have put aside angora until I think about it some more. 2 more pieces added to little sis jacket.

:cheer:clap to all of you for your good work.

great idea for the cami's! can you get them all done before Christmas?

MAM aka Mile a minute....I like take along projects. I just use the baby hat pattern off of Bev's site, round hat or something like that. Its my first time using Caron Simply Soft for a project. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Luckily I bought one skein. I seen where Walmart is selling larger skeins for $5 (11oz or something like that)

Good afternoon all. You are all flying right along on your lists.:cheer

I got about half the ends worked in on afghan, one scarf made & one set of wristies.

*4 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (4/4 done)

*5 sets of matching wristies (2/4 sets done)

*3 striped scarfs for nephews (1/3 done)

well not doing well on my list first I had a cold then the cold developed into a sore throat went to the doctor today was I thought it might be strep it turned out to be a sore throat then she wanted to give me cough medicine with codeine insurance doesn't cover it so she didn't do that and then she ordered a cough medicine that had dm but this time I didn't know the insurance didn't cover it so when I went to pick the script up the pharmacist said the insurance didn't cover it

fc1123, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been struggling with motivation to complete my current afghan project. I'm about 60 - 70% complete. I'm just plugging away.

fc1123: Hope you are feeling better today.

Smith: I think I can get all 3 camis done before Xmas. I just have to concentrate on them more. It's the designing that's the hard part. That, and secretly getting their sizes:think I figure if I make them stretchy enough, close will be good enough.

Finished DTs wool scarf, but can't post a picture because he took the camera to work! Finished sweater for me (I know, I'm selfish). Still have not picked lil sis jacket back up. That's the project for today.

Keep up the good work all! Have a :sun day!

Well yesterday I went to the doctor again because I lost my voice it turned out it's not strep throat it's laryengitis so I am not allowed to talk but haven't felt back up to snuff to crochet

Hello ladies. Hope you're all flying through those lists.

Fc1123~Sorry your not feeling well. I've been fighting a bad sore throat for 3 days now. I just want to be able to swallow without pain.

Spiral scarfs done. on to the wristies.

*4 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (4/4 done)

*5 sets of matching wristies (2/4 sets done)

*3 striped scarfs for nephews (1/3 done)

Archived