In October I will

fc1123

Hello ladies. Here is my update. With about a week left I may finish all but two things on my list. thats not too bad. Defenitly better than last month when I didn't finish anything on my list. :eek i am off to try and finish that leg on the longies. Shouldn't take long. If I'm lucky and DD naps long enough maybe I can start the second leg. :)

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on fourth rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (half inch left offirst leg)

4. Finish baby legs for dd

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am new to posting but this sounds fun. I have sooo many projects that i want to finish.

In October I will

:hookFinish my cousins vstich throw!

:hookFinish the 3 scarves people have asked for (Started one)

:hookStart working on charity drive blanket and hats for my local NICU

:hookFinish my moms breast cancer doily that i am getting frustrated with

Good morning all. And hello to the new people.

Today's update.:crocheting

I got the wristies all done & worked on hubby's scarf.

*granny ripple work in ends

*4 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas

*5 sets of matching wristies

*3 striped scarfs for nephews (1/3 done)

*finish dh scarf(1/3 done)

*Finish Mom's purse. (1/3 done)

*Finish 2 baby blankets. (1 complete)

*Finish baby blanket for nephew due in Dec. (1/3 done)

*Start Christmas snowflake ornaments.

*Start Christmas swap items. (1 item done)

*Work on Mom's birthday afghan (Jan 6) (1/4 done)

I hope to get alot done this weekend. I will be house sitting for my parents so I am going to shut the world out for a while and focus on all things crochet.

I was adding another round tho the RR and now I missed where the beginning of the round is! (no, I don't use stitch markers :()

So, I have to do a bunch of counting and hopefully only a little bit of frogging to find my place again!

It is coming along though.

:hi, all!

Everyone is doing so well on their lists!!!

with 1 week to go, I am :embar to report that I am not. :blush

I think it is time to revise my list down:

1. Clean my house

2. Make time to :crocheting

these 2 things appear to be challenge enough at this point.

I wish you all a productive, fun, and peaceful weekend!

:ghug

Everyone is moving along great...

My list is going to have to move into the "In November I will..." because I got so sidetracked by my husband requesting face warmers for his work, they do inventory every Saturday in the freezer. He simply asked for it, then last week told me he needed it in 2 weeks...so I've been working on that right now.

Hi everyone. You are all doing so great!:cheer

I, too, will have to start an "In November I will..."

Finished lil sis jacket. Only problem is, it was supposed to be a 3X and instead is SP (it fits me, but sleeves are too short)!!!:eek:angry

So, all of you learn an important lesson from me. always check your gauge. I usually don't, but will from now on. Usually, I work a few rows of a pattern, measure the stitches, and if I'm close, just continue on. But this time...:( I made this jacket before, for the baby sis, in a very similar yarn, texture was similar, label said [4], used same exact hook, followed directions for 3X... wound up with SP!! I didn't check gauge because I just assumed (big mistake) that same weight yarn with same hook would give similar results. Boy was I wrong!!

Well, good luck to all with finishing. I have to check what I'm working on and see if there is anything else (like working ends in on lace jacket for step-dtr) or frogging and reworking mom's jacket...) that I might be able to finish in the next week.

:cheer:cheer:cheer I did 4 more dishcloths and the last 3 hats. I also did my first ever hexagon baby afghan (that wasn't on the list.) Just have to finish weaving the ends in 2 of the hats and the afghan.

Children and Adult Hats - 10/10 done

Baby Hats - 10/10 done

Dishcloths - 5/5 done

Hexagon Baby Afghan

I would like to get my 63 square afghan completed this October. I've got 26.5 squares completed so I am almost halfway there. It's reasonable for me to finish by the end of October, not likely, but miracles do happen. =)

Got to 38 completed squares and then decided to start working on Christmas gifts, so my poor 63 square afghan is on hold, again. The good news is I am making good progress on Christmas gifts. I have 1 sachet done, 1 gingerbread man ornament, and am halfway through a doily. I want to make a few more of the sachets and then going to make some mini stockings and put those little tiny candy canes in them for the kids. Want to make a really pretty angel for my mom too still. I should be able to finish up many of my Christmas gifts by the end of this month, and will definitely be done before Christmas, but my blankie will be on hold indefinitely. Some day I will get it done. It's only been a WIP for 2 years =)

Looks like everyone is doing great! I finished that leg on the longies. i now have three inches done on the second leg. I would love to have these finished by the end of the weekend. We will se how it goes.

Hello. Hope yo're all having a nice relaxing Sunday.

I got hubby's scarf done.

*granny ripple work in ends

*5 sets of matching wristies

*finish dh scarf

Hello all. Hope everyone is getting tons of crocheting time.

All ends worked in. I have to wait till I get more yarn for the boys scarfs so they are probably moving to Nov.

*granny ripple

*4 sets of matching wristies

*finish dh scarf

I also started my scrapghan.

Trying to design a coat for lil sis. It's coming along ok, but I'm afraid I'll have to frog jacket to have enough yarn. Using double strands of the two yarns I used for jacket. Thank goodness I bought a ton of the stuff because it was on clearance for 77 cents. Only problem is, if I run out... one of the yarns is no longer made. Oh, well!

Keep up the good work all!

I still have to figure out where I went wrong on the RR. I keep meaning to count rows and get it moving again.

I had to detour from crochet to make a cape for my son's St. Paul costume for the All Saint's Day celebration at school on Friday.

One morre round done on the RR. I think I need to do 4 more white rounds, then finish with a few (2-3) red rounds and then the edge.

So, about 7 more rounds (aprox 7 hours) plus edge. Can someone tell be how to do the Reverse single crochet that looks so neat on the edge of a RR?

Update: 10/27/09

Make at least one 6 x 9 HAP rectangle per day - 23 done

Weave ends on four baby 'ghans - done/mailed

Complete online crochet class for Hemp Tote - 3/4 done

Send off my Shawl Swap project - done

Toe Up Socks for me (2 pair) - one sock done, yarn for 2nd pr on backorder

DD Shawl for work - she hasn't decided on pattern

Son and his family left on Oct 20th for Nebraska. Arrived safely and are slowly getting settled. We did not have to make the drive with them afterall. They were able to find a renter for there house here. Took me a couple of days to recoup from all the cleaning, painting, packing, cooking and having five extra people living with us for 10 tens. All in all I've made good progress and will carry on some of these projects next month.

One morre round done on the RR. I think I need to do 4 more white rounds, then finish with a few (2-3) red rounds and then the edge.

So, about 7 more rounds (aprox 7 hours) plus edge. Can someone tell be how to do the Reverse single crochet that looks so neat on the edge of a RR?

I love this stitch. Here is a vidio tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_DPQw2Dykg

Needle Arts, can you please tell me what HAP stand for?

Hi Ratdog,

HAP stands for Handmade Afghans Progect. This is a nationwide group that knits or crochets 6"x9" rectangles. The rectangles are mailed to coordinators and groups of volunteers arrange them in patterns to be joined into afghans that our sent to hospitals for our injuried military in appreciation of their service to our country.

You may visit their site here: http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

There are wonderful pictures of many of the afghans that have been sent out. This started as a very small project in December 2004 and to date over 2,950 afghans have been sent. The letters that come in from recipents and/or hospital staff are so rewarding. Being such a small project I can take it with me anywhere so I usually just keep yarn/hook and bag in my car and another by my favorite chair. These are also a great stash buster. The need for the afghans is great and I'm confident they are distributed to individuals in need of a touch from home. My small way of saying, Thank You.

I hope you'll take a moment to look at the site and perhaps join us. There are several posts here on the "Ville" about this charity. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65756&highlight=HAP&page=82

Thank you for the tutorial like Crocheted Sass. I will check it out!

Needle arts, Thank you for telling me about HAP. I support veterans and soldiers through Soldiers Angels.

Somewhere on the 'ville is a Veterans Appreciation CAL, check it out!

My list is almost done, I need to finish two sets of potholders. I'm trying to find the redheart brand cotton yarn....anyone know where they sell it? It is a little thinner than Sugar n Cream and the feel is better.

:eek I just seen the one for November! I know I am not getting those done so off I will move to the next month....

My list is almost done, I need to finish two sets of potholders. I'm trying to find the redheart brand cotton yarn....anyone know where they sell it? It is a little thinner than Sugar n Cream and the feel is better.

I'm pretty sure that Redheart sells directly from their website.

Update: I don't think I can do more this month. I will move the list to November thread. So, here is my update:

1. My mother's Winter Lace afghan. (High Priority - (40% done)) Did nada! :blush

2. Do at least 4-5 LTK squares. (1 square per week) (6 DONE!) :check

3. Do 18 tiles on my weight loss afghan (tunisian crochet). (15 tiles so far) 10 new tiles to go

4. Do the sensation blanket until two skeins ran out. (Blanket use 2 strands through the body) Almost ran out of a skein

Archived