In October I will

fc1123

this is my first time in a monthly cal and it's a short list (but not all crochet)

1. wip - audio mystery cal - finish it and start another scarf on the same pattern (i love the motifs on this one)

2. learn to do a ripple afghan and finish

3. teach new crochet stitches to a friend who won't do more than half- double crochet

4. teach needle-felting to friend with CMT

5. teach spinning to same friend (#4)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my final list for this month. I worked on things and made a little progress. I hope to be posting that I am done with at least three, hopefully five, of the things on my list!

In October I will:

1. Finish pink patchwork baby afghan (99% complete)on rnd 8 of 9 border rnds

2. Finish filet crochet name-Wynia (done with name on third rnd of seven)

3. finish longies (cast on ribbing done working on midsection/butt area)

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (second one cast on and ribbing done)

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook

Dh will be away this weekend so I am hoping to get started on the Tardis Pencil Cup for his desk.

(yes, he is a big Dr. Who fan! -who, thankfully, lives in Florida and has no interest in the Tom Baker Scarf!:lol)

I just did two squares this week! I did one few days ago and another tonight. I think I will do more squares later this month. I don't hear from my mother yet. So I will work on weight loss afghan or market bag next. :yes

My goal for October is to make time to :crocheting!

:oops:ohdear...not 1 stitch in September... Not 1! :eek:faint

I would like to:

:yarn set aside at least 1 hour a day for :crocheting

:yarn start/finish 2 Lumberjack flannelghans

:yarn finish my sister's sunflower 'ghan (need to finish square borders and join)

:yarn ???

...I think I need to join this CAL! ;)

For not getting much time to crochet lately I'm sure making alot of progress! :yay I may actually reach my goal this month :eek:lol

In October I will:

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (two inches done)

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook done with hand cover only hook left

OK, It took me all day (Ok from about 11:30 until 7:00 with breaks for Church and eating)

Here is the Tardis Pencil cup!

It was going to be a Christmas gift, but I don't think it is all that great so I will think of something else for DH for Christmas and give him the pencil cup when he gets back from camping with the Boy Scouts.

post-23494-135897458135_thumb.jpg

I finished up one of the baby blankets but ended up starting a third. I took a pic so I could post it but now I can't find the cable for the camera. I guess it will show up sooner or later.

*Finish Mom's purse.

*Finish 3 baby blankets. One completed, one 1/2 done and one 1/3 done

*Finish baby blanket for nephew due in Dec.

*Start Christmas snowflake ornaments.

*Start Christmas swap items.

*Work on Mom's birthday afghan (Jan 6)

*Make yoyos. 68 made

I so need to start a list and actually put it down on paper. So here goes those frightful words.....

In October I will......

-complete camo baby afghan for Hunter

-finish potholders for Christmas (3 done, 3 need sewn together and 4 I haven't even started yet that I need 2 more balls of cotton for)

-finish 3x4 12" scrap granny

so what do I do with all the little mindless WIPS and PIGS? I have multiple patterns fluttering around in my head and around my chair. They are nice just to pick up and work on here and there, maybe a hat or start a scarf.

I Will finish this month

1. 2 baby afghans for my sister's friend's fraternal twin grandsons

2. Outfit for my friend's china doll. He is real baby sized and looks at me with his green glass eyes like he's saying "Where's my sweater already? It is getting cold out!!"

3. make dishcloths for my friend at work to give her sisters for Christmas

That's my story and I'm sticking to it--

:hug

so what do I do with all the little mindless WIPS and PIGS?

OK:

WIP -work in Progress

WIM- Work in Mind

PIG- ???

People in Gift list?

Patterns in Guestroom?

Projects I give-up?

Places I Giggle?

Power in Google?

Help !

Hehe, I have a lot of PIGs stored in the closet. They hold all the WIPs/UFOs. I even have a small PIG lurking behind this computer screen. :blush

I am going to start up 3rd LTK square. I think I will add one more project, my sensation blanket. I don't hear from my mom about her afghan. :thair

I plan to work on a project per 2-3 days in turns. That way, I can get things done faster. :think

yup I have the same thing but I didn't know it was called pigs I have been doing that when the project isn't finished I put it in a grocery bag for later to finish it up

Hey ladies. PIGS hu? Can't say I have any of those. I don't like using the plastic bags...don't know why. Mine would have to be pibs? :lol I've actually made some real progress already this month. :clap O.K. now that I changed it in my list I don't feel like I accomplished so much. :lol It looks like more on the projects. :yes

In October I will:

4. Finish baby legs for dd. (six inches done on second one)

5. Make boy baby blanket

6. Pirate hook done with hand cover only hook left

so what do I do with all the little mindless WIPS and PIGS? I have multiple patterns fluttering around in my head and around my chair. They are nice just to pick up and work on here and there, maybe a hat or start a scarf.

If I were you I would add a couple to your list. Thats only because if I work on it I want credit for it. :D If I didn't I would get flustrated and not keep up with the cal and there for not get as much done on my wips as I want to.

okay gals...i'm back for the winter.

Here's my list for October:

*finish ami doll for Jailyn(her baby sister will be born Oct 30th-ish)

*get at least 20 rows done on my textured afghan

*make a baby set of booties, bonnet and a sock washer thingy for a baby gift (due Nov 9th)

Well, my first Round ripple is coming along nicely. I have about two and a half skeins of yarn into it so far.

I'm not sure how many skeins it will take before it is done but I have at least 6 more in the bag that can be used.

I'll get a picture posted at some point in time. Hopefully this project will be done before the end of the month.

(for those who followed my 'what would you do' thread, this is the 'ghan that my priest gave me permission to do for the school fundraiser).

okay gals...i'm back for the winter.

Here's my list for October:

*finish ami doll for Jailyn(her baby sister will be born Oct 30th-ish)

*get at least 20 rows done on my textured afghan

*make a baby set of booties, bonnet and a sock washer thingy for a baby gift (due Nov 9th)

:hi, Chrissie!

It's nice to "see" you!

you are back for the winter, does that mean your restaurant is seasonal?

You were missed around here! :hug

Hello ladies. I think this is a wonderful idea.

Here's my list for October

*finish granny ripple (on row 56 of 83)

*5 spiral scarfs for nieces christmas (1/5)

*finish dh scarf(1/3 done)

Archived