Crochet World Fall 2009 issue

marycat

Just picked this up in my store here in Canada and it is full of 66 Festive Holiday projects. Already they are pushing Christmas. lol. Picked it up as it has some nice things in it.

The only one I saw had a lot of reprints of patterns from other issues of the magazine. I think this may be a newstand only issue, not one that is automatically sent to subscribers. (I remember seeing that great doily with a gingerbread men border in it.)

I just saw it at a local newsstand too, so I don't know if subscribers get it or not...it said "fall 2009" on it. I sure hope it doesn't mean they're changing their format from bi-monthly!

I also happened to notice that many (not all) of the patterns were ones I had seen before, so maybe this is one of those "get subscriber" things...like Reiman Pub does...sample "quick cooking" or "Birds N Blooms" with popular past articles/recipes/patterns :shrug:think ?

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=5888&cat_id=466&criteria=

I see you can purchase it here from e-patternscentral.com. It looks like a special issue only so I don't think subscribers will get it. I would check with crochet world's customer service to see if subscribers will get it but I think it's for purchase only myself. It says it pulled the patterns from other issues.

wendyb532

I picked it up at a Kroger's store last weekend. It does have a lot of patterns in it I have seen before and probably have. But it did have some I have not seen. I liked it because I will be able to just grab that magazine instead of having to hunt through a bunch of them. Many years ago there use to be a few Christmas magazines out. I miss those ones.

Yes a lot of repeat patterns from previous issues and from free-patterns. Of course if you're missing some issues, this does have a lot of good Christmas items in it and it's in one issue. I decided not to get it since I have so many of the patterns in there.

I just picked this up today and the grocery store. Love all the patterns, even thou they are reprints from other issues and places. I could not find one "new" pattern in the magazine. It will be nice to keep, then I can get rid of all the issues of the magazine that I am keeping just for that one holiday project. So, for that it is good.

Would have been nicer if they had come out with an all new patterns special edition.

I sure hope the gift one coming out in September isn't the same kind of issue - reprints.

There isn't enough crochet magazines out there as it is - compared to all the knitting mags.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my October issue and am thrilled with all the great patterns. I especially like the Maine Woods Shawl and the Textured Stripe Harvest Throw.

I almost was going to not renew my subscription to this, but I'm noticing lately that the patterns are more to my liking than before. :c9

I got mine the other day...lots of things I want to make. Did everyone see Kim Guzman's Tunisian Strip Lap Robe (page 20)? And the little interview on page 21! The Ville is mentioned...I made my hubby sit down and read it, and told him I just finished making a baby blanket from a pattern on her site. I was excited....Good Work Kim!

I just got mine today! :clap They must deliver based on zip codes since it looks like others got their earlier. :think

This is a great issue, of course I love, love, love fall colors. It was neat to read the article on Kim Guzman and her lapgan is just gorgeous! I also really like the afghan on the cover, it would make a really cool scrap-gan too. Anyway, just had to chime in my 2 cents. :D

I also really like the afghan on the cover, it would make a really cool scrap-gan too. Anyway, just had to chime in my 2 cents. :D

I thought the same thing! It looks like a good sit-in-front-of-the-TV project. :crocheting

I got mine the other day...lots of things I want to make. Did everyone see Kim Guzman's Tunisian Strip Lap Robe (page 20)? And the little interview on page 21! The Ville is mentioned...I made my hubby sit down and read it, and told him I just finished making a baby blanket from a pattern on her site. I was excited....Good Work Kim!

Thank you! So glad you like it. :D

Archived