May All-Charity Event -> 21st to the 25th

darski

Just finished staining some posts on patio after having company for breakfast, so I will finish browsing here, then on to crochet. Do a few rows on scrapghan, and trying some squares. Can't decide which pattern until I do some test squares.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job of working on their charity projects :yay. I have been too however I have been running family members back and forth between medical emergency:( and the pharmacies.......yes I take things with me but it not constant time of working :(. I will keep on plugging away. :yes

I can not wait to see everyone's finished projects :hook

I just finished my first RR a couple of weeks ago. I used 3 colors and it worked up fairly quickly. Here is a link to the pic. I hope it works as I've never tried to link anything here before. The pattern I used was Little Boy Blue 8 Point Round Ripple. I found it through google and added rounds until if fit a queen sized bed.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1726411&postcount=179

One suggestion I had read was that when doing a RR, join your next color in a different location from ending the current color. I always ended up just before the top of a point and I would join just before the top of the previous point. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck on your first RR. They are addictive. I have started 2 more since finishing my first.

Hi Jennifer!! Do you mean you FO each color before starting the next in a different spot? I'm ready to start a different color, but I'm not good at doing it without it being noticable.

10 more squares are bordered. I may have enough now for 2 lapghans - or close to 2, anyway. Then it's off to joining odd pieces together to make pet ghans.

Hi all... I am feeling like something a cat wouldn't drag home. Will try to join that last row I made but ...well.

ttyl

stuff happens, hon:hug:manyheart

...and if my wrists don't give out in the next hour, I'm trying to finish making 3 more 8 inch squares and bordering 7 others for a 36 square ghan in bright colors. Almost all are donated squares, along with the 30 more muted colors I have ready to assemble for another lapghan.

hi, everyone-

I have been :crocheting and resting... not really been myself at all today.:( I have a bad bachache that just doesn't want to go away :sigh

I have a bunch of granny's in different sizes done, but didn't bother to count them yet.

You all look like your moving right along:cheer:cheer Great job everyone!

Have a great night... C U all tomorrow

:hug

Hi Jennifer!! Do you mean you FO each color before starting the next in a different spot? I'm ready to start a different color, but I'm not good at doing it without it being noticable.

I haven't checked in today so I just saw this. Yes, I would FO and then attach in a different spot. When I would get to the tail of the previous color, I would crochet over it.

Does it count if I do just one day? I have ALL day tommorow free, and I DO want to work on my charity works all day. So MAY I join in for tommorow only?

thanks Darski, your a WONDERFUL CARING PERSON!!

HUGS JoBug

Jennifer- :ty so much!! I think that's going to make it a lot easier for me.

LeaAnne- I hope your back starts feeling better soon. You're such a trooper, :crocheting for charity even when you're feeling down!!

Gosh, it seems like everyone is getting a lot done! WTG!!!:D

Does it count if I do just one day? I have ALL day tommorow free, and I DO want to work on my charity works all day. So MAY I join in for tommorow only?

thanks Darski, your a WONDERFUL CARING PERSON!!

HUGS JoBug

Absolutely one day counts. I consider one square a good event. Very happy to have you participate :hug

:ghug

I now have half of my floral centres made and joined.

It is looking good. I am debating whether to use a bit of white in my border :think ... nah don't think so. :no

post-4896-135897409961_thumb.jpg

At this point it is about 33 inches wide and 23 inches long. That should work as a finish row of the continuous join and a border row(s) will likely end it at about the 36 X 48 that I like for lapghans.

The centres go very quickly and don't really tax my achey head. I would really like to get this done by midnight tomorrow but I don't think I can make that deadline :sigh

:drool

Whoa! Darski... that is GORGEOUS!

My back is feeling a little better today, so I need to quick catch up my house then, it's back to work:hook

Happy :crocheting, everyone!

It is looking good. I am debating whether to use a bit of white in my border :think ... nah don't think so. :no

[ATTACH]2070[/ATTACH]

At this point it is about 33 inches wide and 23 inches long. That should work as a finish row of the continuous join and a border row(s) will likely end it at about the 36 X 48 that I like for lapghans.

The centres go very quickly and don't really tax my achey head. I would really like to get this done by midnight tomorrow but I don't think I can make that deadline :sigh

Great job!:hug:clap

And don't berate yourself over what you can't do...remember that anything is better than nothing!:yes

[ATTACH]2070[/ATTACH]

It's beautiful, Darski!

I picked up a few extra shifts this week but I still got a few stitches in at work. Of course whenever I start someone always asks me about it, so I decided to ask then if they wanted a class....:D I got my work cut out for me now! I am trying to get simple projects they can donate back to the nursing home or to other charities. So far they wanted hats and scarves and blankets....thank goodness!

I picked up a few extra shifts this week but I still got a few stitches in at work. Of course whenever I start someone always asks me about it, so I decided to ask then if they wanted a class....:D I got my work cut out for me now! I am trying to get simple projects they can donate back to the nursing home or to other charities. So far they wanted hats and scarves and blankets....thank goodness!

This is absolutely, wonderfully incredible. You make me proud to be a crocheter. I'll be praying for a glorious success for you and the class

:cheer:clap:yay:clap:cheer

[ATTACH]2070[/ATTACH]

It's gorgeous, Darski. Don't worry if you don't finish at the deadline. You'll finish it when you finish it. Just don't forget to show us. :yes

Off to make more saltines. Have a great day everyone! :ghug

Hi Everyone!!!! I haven't got a lot accomplished. I haven't been feeling good. :( I am not sure what I did, but my right hip,back and knee has been bothering me since late Friday evening. But I hope to get some crocheting done today.

Very nice blanket Darski. It looks great :cheer:clap:yay.

Everyone seems to be getting a lot done!!! Great Job.

I needed a break from my blanket... just for a change so I decided to get back to the shawl I started on Thursday ... the one with all the untangling :wlol

So I picked it up to work on it today and surprise, surprise it is finished already. Even I am impressed that it finished so quickly. :eek

The great news is that I busted two skeins doing this one. :yay and the little bit left on the other two should be done soon as well.

post-4896-135897410014_thumb.jpg

The second is a close up of the stitches. I can't write up a pattern for this as I was just making it up as I went along and I couldn't explain it to anyone. I used 2 strands of a mill end with a 6.5mm hook

This was fun and I can't wait until it is delivered to my cousin for her "friend".

post-4896-135897410011_thumb.jpg

I needed a break from my blanket... just for a change so I decided to get back to the shawl I started on Thursday ... the one with all the untangling :wlol

So I picked it up to work on it today and surprise, surprise it is finished already. Even I am impressed that it finished so quickly. :eek

The great news is that I busted two skeins doing this one. :yay and the little bit left on the other two should be done soon as well.

[ATTACH]2087[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2088[/ATTACH]

The second is a close up of the stitches. I can't write up a pattern for this as I was just making it up as I went along and I couldn't explain it to anyone. I used 2 strands of a mill end with a 6.5mm hook

This was fun and I can't wait until it is delivered to my cousin for her "friend".

:drool:drool:droolWOW!!!

Darski, you blow my mind! AWESOME shawl! and it's the perfect shade of yellow... is that the yarn you just got recently? It's really lovely :dreaming

today I made 6 6"squares and got to have some nice family time... we have all been just kind of "hangin' out" this weekend :heart

I will count the other squares that I have been working on, and post tomorrow. (I have them in another room, and I am too tired to go check :sigh)

My back and now my hips are throbbing :(... got my hot water bottle and am going to call it a night.

Hope all of you are having a nice weekend :ghug

See you all tomorrow, and Keep up the good work!:yay:clap

Archived