May All-Charity Event -> 21st to the 25th

darski

Just a quick thank you to all who have been here this weekend.

Once again I will ask that you post your scores by noon hour tomorrow...

Tuesday May 26th

I would also ask that you post is large and

bright colours so I can find it quickly

It's funny that I have been crocheting like mad but I don't seem to have done a lot :shrug

Ah well it is all for a good cause. I figured out that I could finish all my remaining centres in about 2.5 hours so you would think I could finish this today ...well I will give it a shot.

The yellow yarn has been around for a while... yet another of my fabulous Mill Ends from Walmart. I should get a pic of the hat before I send it on. It is kinda cute.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okie-dokie, Darski!

I hope to assemble one of the lapghans today. Last night I was busy, too. I'm so glad I learned about this thread and was able to put such a good dent in my projects!

will do darski, taking a break right now, my thumb is hurting a bit LOL, back to it after dinner

Well, I finally laid out the squares for one ghan...off to start sewing them together! I won't finish the entire thing tonight, but should finish by tomorrow night.

I thought I would check in after spending the day at the lake kite flying with the family:D... Here is what I have been working on for this event. Once the Large granny square is done then I will start working on hats :hook

post-3868-135897410452_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897410456_thumb.jpg

I thought I would check in after spending the day at the lake kite flying with the family:D... Here is what I have been working on for this event. Once the Large granny square is done then I will start working on hats :hook

I really like both patterns! I've been thinking of making any furture projects out of 12 inch squares instead of 8 inch - did you use the 12 inch? The big granny is a great idea, too.

Well, I finally laid out the squares for one ghan...off to start sewing them together! I won't finish the entire thing tonight, but should finish by tomorrow night.

I think you should be able to count it in. It is up to you. I am going to count all the centres that are put together by tomorrow. I have to come up with a suitable border so my ghan won't be finished right away.

i have to admit that I have really hit a wall on this one. I have 7 rows completed and one more row ready to be attached. It is all I can do to pick up a hook and that pink yarn anymore. Not sure why... other than the fact that I get bored too quickly and I have been making this self same centre since Thursday. :sigh

I am trying to push myself to complete this but it is taking everything in me to do so.

:crocheting

I really like both patterns! I've been thinking of making any furture projects out of 12 inch squares instead of 8 inch - did you use the 12 inch? The big granny is a great idea, too.

No the squares are 17" each

Darski, I get bored with repetive patterns, too --- RRs are a good antidote against that when I stash bust or do that shaded effect with 2 colors at a time.I'll only work on joining this particular one and count that in the total here.....the other will be done sometiime this week just so I can say it's finished.

Those are really neat Kelly. The giant granny is so pleasing to the eye but they are a particular fave of mine.

About 12 inch squares... I just find that they get a bit tedious as the rows get longer and longer. I prefer an 8in square just because it seems to finish quickly enough that you feel you are doing something. I used to make twelve 12" squares for a 3X4 lapghan but those last couple of rows tended to wear my patience. :wlol

Spent morning gardening, afternoon napping, and just got done with dinner.

Only made one square so far, couldn't find a pattern that appealed to me, and decided that I really wasn't ready to start another ghan til this one I have been working on is done, only on row 25, I think. So this weekend wasn't very successful for me as far as charity goes. The patio work took more time than I thought it would, and I still have one more post to paint and the top of the plant stand to stain. I just wish the weather would have been more cooperative and the weatherman more accurate...

Hi everyone! Here is what I was able to complete and work on during the long weekend. I got a baby blanket finished to be sent off to a NICU at a California hospital.

I also finished 3 hats-Thanks Nicole for the link to pattern:). I had a lot fun making them and I still want to make more:yes

I also got a good start on a basic ripple. I had a lot of fun with my first Charity Event. You all made some beautiful things!:clap

Jamie

post-27968-135897410471_thumb.jpg

post-27968-135897410472_thumb.jpg

post-27968-135897410475_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! Here is what I was able to complete and work on during the long weekend. I got a baby blanket finished to be sent off to a NICU at a California hospital.

I also finished 3 hats-Thanks Nicole for the link to pattern:). I had a lot fun making them and I still want to make more:yes

I also got a good start on a basic ripple. I had a lot of fun with my first Charity Event. You all made some beautiful things!:clap

Jamie

Everything is beautiful! :clap

Jamie

Jaime - is that the ghan that's headed my way? Beautiful!! Thank you! :yay

Well I did get my tail in gear and I finished the squares and the joining at 1 min. after midnight. I am working on the border now but I will not count the ghan... just the squares.

There is great stuff from this month's event. Thank you all. I will do the totals this afternoon.

My totals:

1- bordered a donated baby ghan

2- bordered 37 8 inch squares

3- made 3 more 8 inch squares

4- joined 2 strips together for a lapghan (6 squares for each strip)

5- joined 4 very large donated squares together for a big dog bed (giving it to my vet for the rescues she does)

Before the week is out I'll be finishing up the other 3 strips for that lapghan and then will put a ghan together that has 36 ready-to-go squares.

I was so happy to be part of our little group!:clap

:jumpyay:clap:jumpyay

Congrats, Darski, on your big finish! I was here routing for you:cheer

I am going to spend my time today joining, so I will give my square totals now:

12": 1

4": 24

6": 36

I guess I do better when I don't count till the end! :rofl

:ty :ty Darski, for a wonderful time! :rainbow:c9

have a great day, all... I'll check in later on :manyheart

Tucked tails on two 34" striped babyghans, 41 slatines, and 3 15x15 kitty mats, 8 rows of starghan but not liking the color combo. Found a new pattern leaflet at Michaels with a bobble stitch at the points. Interesting change of texture. We had our first really nice sunny long holiday weekend in years and I was drawn outside more than I anticipated.

Archived